ROM Hack Uncasualizing Pokémon Sun and Moon (REQUEST)

MisterPantsEyes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When SM comes out, could someone who knows about this stuff make some small changes very quick to make the game harder?

Maybe that you only get 80% of the EXP and when you switch Pokémon out during a battle, both only get half of the EXP and not all of it (like it was before Gen 6). I don't think doing this would take longer than 20 minutes.

So what you have to do:
- Check /hbg/, the ISO site and other places for the rom/cia to get it as fast as possible
- Download it
- Immediately hack it
- Upload it

What you need to have:
- Lots of free time
- Fast Internet
- Hacking skills

Our goal is to have an uncasualized hack as soon as possible.

Reactions: Feeling it!

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
EXP stuff is set in CROs I believe, might have to ask Kaphotics for that.
Pretty much everything else would be easy as hell to edit because it runs on the same engine as XY/ORAS.

Reactions: MisterPantsEyes

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
When SM comes out, could someone who knows about this stuff make some small changes very quick to make the game harder?

Maybe that you only get 80% of the EXP and when you switch Pokémon out during a battle, both only get half of the EXP and not all of it (like it was before Gen 6). I don't think doing this would take longer than 20 minutes.

So what you have to do:
- Check /hbg/, the ISO site and other places for the rom/cia to get it as fast as possible
- Download it
- Immediately hack it
- Upload it

What you need to have:
- Lots of free time
- Fast Internet
- Hacking skills

Our goal is to have an uncasualized hack as soon as possible.
Here's my suggestion: Wait until the game has been released, then ask again. SM doesn't come out until 18/11/16. That's still three months away. By then this thread will have sunk to the place where a reply would be considered necromancy.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
20 minutes to figure out progression rates and make an assembly hack for a system without great debugging capability and for a franchise that is often the go to example, or at least a reliable one, for hacker frustrations and obfuscations on every console it has thus far been on?

20 minutes might be pushing it for something with a full commented disassembly like pokemon red and the equivalent of http://www.dragonflycave.com/rbycapture.aspx in front of me for said exp growth/gain rates. I might be able to make a zero or fixed exp cheat in 20 minutes but that sort of thing is an evening/weekend job, probably a short one but way more than 20 minutes. If they have gone a lua or high level scripting route for it (most scripting in pokemon is more in game event stuff than sticking logic in nice to edit xml files and the like) I will take that back but I am not expecting that at all. Equally if I somehow magically know the routine location I am still looking at far longer.

Also I find it amusing that you would pick exp as the method of choice. I suppose mathematically it is not entirely invalid and grind=hard is a thing some believe but... well I suppose this is why "competitive" pokemon is such a farce.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I sure this guy don't even know what hack mean. :lol

And what Internet have anything to do with this?

This sound more like a troll topic than an actually request.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since we're on the topic of "decasualising" the games it would be good if someone could completely remove the feature where your move and opponent's type match-ups are stated

I believe you have to have used it at least once for that to show in S/M but I still find that the effort to memorise basic things like water beats fire, ground beats electric, or psychic beats fighting is minimal, especially considering how intuitive some of it is. Not sure who they're catering to there.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm aware that the EXP share in Gen VI is OP, but given my own personal output in leveling up Pokemon to 100, which with Hyper Training is finally more necessary as people tend to cap off at 50 for most cases, EXP share in Gen VI has been a godsend. It makes leveling up quicker, minimizing grinding time so I could focus on more important things, breeding and battling. Now, if the game's level curve is increased, or if there's a challenge mode like in BW2, fine, or if there's a hack that could offer those, great, but changing EXP share, nah, ain't got time for that. Seriously, that's just more time spent leveling up, which along with EV training is the least fun stuff to do. And to be fair, if it's about making the ingame story more challenging, consider that in the grand scheme of things, that's 10% of total gameplay, if that. It depends on how much time the user logs in. For example in OR I cleared the game in 29 or so hours, and having it since launch day, I've hit the max in time, 999:59. Besides, if they make hyper training something of a challenge, I'd want EXP share's OP status from Gen VI to be retained so I could focus on that. While I'm on that subject, will hyper training also work in resetting IVs? Reset Cap per say. I hope so, correct IVs for hidden power.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
If it's worth noting, Rutile Ruby & Star Sapphire author (A known difficulty mod for ORAS that increases trainer level and makes EV train easier while keeping in game Pokemon legit) said he would do Nova Sun and Umbra Moon after he's done with his first playthrough of Sun and Moon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol