Unbrick Fire Card?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SteveTheDuck, Apr 22, 2009.

Apr 22, 2009

Unbrick Fire Card? by SteveTheDuck at 11:20 PM (1,500 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. SteveTheDuck
    OP

Newcomer SteveTheDuck Newbie

United Kingdom
    OK, so, I got given a Fire Card as a present and there were a few games that I didn't like on there, so I tried to change it using a site and it downloaded a bad file onto it which had 1000's of games on it bricked my Fire Card completely. Is there anyway I can unbrick it or am I stuck with it forever?

Any help at all will be appreciated, and please don't be too cruel, I'm new here! [​IMG]

2. Kingfield

Member Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    errrrrr what exactly is a fire card???

I assume its some sort of flashcart. And what do you mean you downloaded thousands of games, how could that possibly fit?

I can hardly understand what you are trying to say, but I would say find the firmware file and redownload it, you probably just overwrote some files you weren't supposed to with borked files.

3. SteveTheDuck
    OP

United Kingdom
    Sorry about not being clear [​IMG] . Yes, a Fire Card is a type of Flash Cart, and it says the number of games I have on it at the bottom and once I downloaded the file the number went into either hundreds or thousands. I didn't have much time to see because it almost instantly went into a white screen. So I switched it off, rebooted it, and a white screen came up straight away. And because I have to get onto my list of games to add new ones (which I can't, because of white screen), I can't get rid of the games I don't want!

Hope it's clearer now [​IMG]

4. TornZero

Member TornZero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you have a MicroSD card you put into your Fire Card, re-format it with the Panasonic SD Formatter (Google it). It'll empty out the files, then get the Fire Card firmware from linfoxdomain (Google that, too, exactly how I typed it) and put the games (In ROM form) that you download into folders.

5. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    Guys, Firecard is a flashcart with built in memory.

I had a firecard - horrible flashcart to be honest. You'll need to google neoflash and follow a guide there on how to a full format on your Firecard. WARNING: You will lose all nds files and saves unless you are able to do a back up our PC.

Hopefully that should fix your Firecard. If not, get a new flashcart.

If you are needing a new flashcart, get AceKard2 from any websites but DealExtreme are very cheap ($11) but slow delivery.

6. SteveTheDuck
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for that [​IMG] I tried finding a guide on hot to format it on Neoflash but I couldn't find one [​IMG] I'm probably a complete idiot [​IMG] Can you link to the guide please?

7. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom

That was written up by a GBAtemp user last year, so the firmware might be out of date. The DSLink (N-card, DSLink and FireCard are exactly the same) the latest firmware for DSLink are 1.45. Hopefully this can fix your problems.

8. SteveTheDuck
    OP

United Kingdom
    I tried that but it didn't work D:

9. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    What exactly happens when you tried the full format? What is the error message or it's not detecting the firecard?

10. SteveTheDuck
    OP

United Kingdom
    I switch it on with Fire Card in slot 1, Fire Link in Slot 2. It goes straight to a white screen, I hold down the buttons and nothing happens D:

11. dobz

Member dobz GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i had a fire card once.... and it was crappy (stinking noob flashcart)

my advice get a cyclo i could recommend a good place to buy in the UK [​IMG]

which delivers fast (two days for me)

more expensive but worth it [​IMG]

12. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    Can your PC detect your FireCard? Sounds like you need to update it.

13. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    DealExtreme doesn't have THAT slow of a delivery. It took a week for it to get to the UK. Not bad, I've paid for delivery on some sites and they've taken over a week.

14. SteveTheDuck
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nope, PC won't detect it either [​IMG]