ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dry.gif

H2G2 in terms of continuity within the series isn't as good, but the film as a standalone entity is very good.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ProtoKun7 said:
H2G2 in terms of continuity within the series
There is no "continuity". In fact, Douglas Adams once said that he deliberately went out of his way to make sure that every iteration conflicted with every other iteration. So if the movie were to fit into any other continuity (the book, the radio series, the TV series, the stage show, the comic, the LP album, the computer game, and the towel), it wouldn't be a true Hitchhiker movie.
tongue.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any of the scary movies, twilight, Titanic, Troy.

Me and my friends literally walked out, went to the liquor store next door, bought some Smirnoff, chugged it, took some hits off a joint, went back in, and strangely, we liked the movies afterwards. It was so baffling to us
biggrin.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Scorpion King
I think I watched five minutes of it, and when a guy was shot with an arrow that knocked him through a wall as though it were a rocket propelled grenade I stopped the movie and deleted it.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Orgazmo, The Invention of Lying, Bad Boys, any Madea movie, any Martin Lawrence movie, Evolution, Fargo etc. There are plenty more, but I blocked most of them in my head.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All the incredible Hulks
Spiderman 3
Most James bonds
Bratz the movie >.>

Life of brian compared to the holy grail
(seriously, only 1 or 2 memorable or funny scenes for me but holy grail had me in tears and literally rofling)

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bowser said:
Burn After Reading. What a pointless movie.

I found it hilarious.
Never watch "Accident" (Asian flick) or District 9 they are absolutely horrible and the only 2 movies i have ever walked out on

Sebbel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wabsta said:
I went to twilight with some girl. I hate twilight, but boy, did I have fun there.
I never really saw the movie..
tpi.gif

The same thing. Twilight is just so bad, the only reason for you to go to a movie like this has to be a girl you like.

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worst movie is definitely Bram Stroker's Dracula. Would have been good, but I can't stop the dry heaves listening to Keanu Reeves attempt at a British accent.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vulpes Abnocto said:
The Scorpion King
I think I watched five minutes of it, and when a guy was shot with an arrow that knocked him through a wall as though it were a rocket propelled grenade I stopped the movie and deleted it.

Dude.. Rambo.

QUOTE(hullo8d @ Nov 30 2010, 09:53 AM) Orgazmo, The Invention of Lying, Bad Boys, any Madea movie, any Martin Lawrence movie, Evolution, Fargo etc. There are plenty more, but I blocked most of them in my head.

YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE! That's an amazing movie. I just hate Ron Jeremy, that guy actually grosses me out.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unbearable Movies? Well, we have to remember that most movies are made with the intention of it being good... however there's that stock of the "cash-in movies."
A cash-in falls into 2 categories. The Bullshit Sequel and The Remake.

Remakes cover comics, toys & other movies. Remake cash-ins can be ok! And they might not be cash-ins... possibly with good intentions (i.e. Nolan and Batman. Thank you, Mr. Nolan.)

However, the Bullshit Sequel is the bane of my existence. Such are the disney movies that go right to dvd. (Aladdin 6: Carpets Big Adventure or Lion King 13: Yup, Another Baby King)

My two, most unbearable movies in recent time? Boondock Saints 2 and Decent 2.

BS2: The first movie is such an amazing feat... yet Troy Duffy (director) is the biggest, egotistical-filled pile of used douche bags i've ever witnessed. I've seen a few interviews with him and some other actors, and it just shines through. If you liked BS1... do NOT watch 2. It's like Duffy took 1, reshot some scenes from the first movie with new people, cut em all up, reorganized 'em, and smugly said to himself "I did it again." *self high five*
Do not watch it. Ever.

Decent 2: Again, the first movie was amazing. The second? It happens 2 days after the first, a spelunking team is sent down to find the lost girls... zero character development (you know who is what arch-type upon .5 seconds of seeing them) and there's no connection. It's like Final Destination 2. (1 and 3... haven't seen 4) involve friends and peers. There's a connection that they all share... in 2? They're all strangers. No pressure to save each other, outside of "its on the script." However, FD2 has great deaths... so it gets a pass
wink.gif
) but w/out the cool gore. Decent2 tries to bring the gore, but it's very poorly done, and the same effects are used over and over again.
Bad script + zero investment in the characters + awful effects = insta bad... and not GOOD bad. Just bad-bad.

thegame07 said:
slither! walked out of the cinema after 20 mins.... Also the same with cabin fever, Never again will I see a movie the first day it's out.

Oh wow. Slither is such an amazing movie. The Fillion/Gunn combo is unbeatable. And i Can Not Wait for Super.
(Side note: James Gunn {director of both flicks} is a student of the School Of Troma. Hence the over the top, badly done gore. Based upon that, alone... Super will be amazing.)

Saken said:
QUOTE(bowser @ Dec 1 2010, 03:53 AM) Burn After Reading. What a pointless movie.

I found it hilarious.
Never watch "Accident" (Asian flick) or District 9 they are absolutely horrible and the only 2 movies i have ever walked out on

District 9 is one of the best Sci-Fi movies i've seen in 10 years. (note: "one of..." not just "the best sci fi ever")
It takes about half the movie, and i questioned it (as did Wife® and my dad) but we all talked about it afterwards, and when that moment hits... it's absolutely balls awesome. Will have to watch it again sometime soon.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive never actually walked out of a movie... but i forget to finish movies. i get distracted when watching movies at home and just forget about them. ive never stopped watching a movie because it was terrible. hell not even 'manos the hands of fate' or 'the blood waters of dr z'... un-mstified...

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Open minded people never walk out of movies. Please as some have said, dont go if its not something you are interested with in the first place.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't walk out of a movie but I have walked in
smile.gif
(I had seen another movie and had time to kill). Watched the beginning of 10,000BC, pretty dull and just hated it. Went to watch it later and fond it just as boring.

Also, watched district 9 on a plane, great scifi movie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself