Hacking Unable to start software after changing SD

FSTx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone. It's been a week or so since i have this problem.

I was using a 128gb microsd card. Now, i wanted to update it, so i bought a 256gb one. Before migrating to my new sd, I updated my switch to latest software (14.1.0) and Atmosphere (1.3.1) on my old SD, and works perfectly fine. I updated using a folder provided by a discord i follow, where they simply put together all the necessary files. For two years i have updated from there, flawlessly.

Then, i changed sd.

Here come the problems.

Trust me, i've read every possible thread on the internet, but still, everytime I boot a game (even non pirated ones... not like i pirate games. I buy them all. Right?) the message 'unable to start software' pops up. I'll try my best to provide every possible information to you.

- I changed sd card using this guide: nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/transfer_sd/ . Nothing. I did it two times, just in case.
- Tried deleting every file aside from emuMMC folder, and used the HATS pack.
- Tried injecting fusee.bin (i'm on a Macbook, so i used fusee launcher)
- Tried using the folder provided here (Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.3.1-cfw-14.1.0)

And mostly other minor things i don't really remember in details, like modifying the hekate_pl.ini file by changing some lines, but i'm not really sure i did that well, so i dunno.
Still, nothing. Right now, my new SD has the HATS pack on it.

This is so much strange. Remember: on my old sd, everything works perfectly. The same files on my new SD, don't.

You are probably more skilled than i am, maybe i'm missing some fundamental and noobish passage, but right now i'm totally stuck. Any help?

Last edited by FSTx,

FSTx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since you are on a mac you probably need to fix archive attributes.
I'm sorry but what do you mean? Because everything i did to format and partition my new sd card, i did it through my switch, using tegrarcmgui (or tegraexplorer, don't remember the name). I only used my mac to pass files from the old sd to the new.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but what do you mean? Because everything i did to format and partition my new sd card, i did it through my switch, using tegrarcmgui (or tegraexplorer, don't remember the name). I only used my mac to pass files from the old sd to the new.

Mac leave behind some files that need to be removed or it would cause problems, like .ds_store

FSTx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mac leave behind some files that need to be removed or it would cause problems, like .ds_store
Oh right, yeah, but i don't think that's the problem, since i can access the emummc and all. It works exactly like my previous sd, but i can't open any game. Seems like a problem with sigpatches, i think, but i don't understand why they work on my old sd and not on my new, since files are the same.

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That is not the problem with mac os, mac change the atribute of the folders enabling the archive bit this atribute is used in switch to have files bigger than 4GB in fat32 (splits the file in parts and put inside a folder with the archive bit enabled) then any folder modified in a mac is detected in switch as a archive.

@FSTx use the fix archive bit function in hekate to fix the problem.

FSTx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That is not the problem with mac os, mac change the atribute of the folders enabling the archive bit this atribute is used in switch to have files bigger than 4GB in fat32 (splits the file in parts and put inside a folder with the archive bit enabled) then any folder modified in a mac is detected in switch as a archive.

@FSTx use the fix archive bit function in hekate to fix the problem.
Dude.
I can't believe it was something so simple. Never heard about this anywhere. Just... wow. You totally made my day. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s