Hacking Unable to Run VC games with USB Loader R1286

WiiModder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys, I recently modded my wii (4.3 version used letter bomb).
I have USB Loader GX Rev 1268 loaded and it works great to play wiigames.

I recently tried to load the virtual console games. To do this I did two things. 1. I move the Nand to a virtual nand on the hard drive, using usb loader (e:/emunand). 2. I used ShowmiiWads to then load the VC games to the emulated Nand.

Now when I launch the USB Loader I can see all of the VC games but I am unable to play them. They act like they will launch and then I am returned to the USB loader menu.

I have also added wads with usb loader and have the same results.

I can load wads to the Wii home channel and have them play correctly.
I have attached the wii sys check file.

IOS249[56] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
Is what I show that I have loaded.

Attachments

• sysCheck.zip
    870 bytes · Views: 199

WiiModder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the drive formatted MBR/FAT32? d2x's emuNAND requires it.

Yes, I forgot to mention that the drive is formatted fat 32. The drive was WBFS but I converted it using the WBFStoFAT utility.

After moving the nand to emulated nand and adjusting the file paths in USB loader wii games still play, just not any Virtual console games.

Last edited by WiiModder,

WiiModder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this functionality only work if you are running your emulated nand on a sd card?

I ask because, I helped a friend over the weekend mod his wii (Letter Bomb, then ModMii, usbloader GX, emulated nand on SD location) and the VC games play.

I'm going to look around for a bigger SD card and try setting up my emu nand again.

I have a side question about emulated Nand. If I have it configured and then load an up date to one of the Ios slots using one of the wad managers. Does this update install to the wii nand or the emulated nand? Unless I am thinking about it wrong the only program that knows about the emulated nand is the USB loader.

WiiModder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, back on this.
Got a 32gb SD card and configured USB loader to emulate the Nand on the SD card.

Now most of the Virtual Console games work. (Nes, Snes, Sega they all work)
The only thing I have changed is the location of the emulated nand. Not sure why USB loader was crashing out trying to run the nand from the Hdd and play VC games.

Some of the N64 games load,I know there are a few like Orge Battle that have issues.
My question is are these games always slow to load? I launch it and the screen saying to connect my classic controller is displayed for 30-45 seconds then you see the N64 logo.

Last issue is with NEOGEO games. I launch one screen turns black with Now Loading... displayed and then nothing. Sometimes the screen will turn red with a darker red bar at the bottom of the screen. Other times I get the error about the wii encountering an error and that I need to restart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...