Sean_Belk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
This is my first time using a forum on Internet to ask a question, so don't hesitate to correct me if I am missing something, my first time to forums, wii and soft modding (if I am using the correct word).
I bought a wii to surprise my daughter. The guy who I bought it from told me told me that he could play games he burned on a disc.
I took from a friend a Mario Kart game that works and plugged in my Wii, but it it doesn't work, it says :
IMG_20190301_223206_HHT.jpg
So I figured mine is not ready to accept unofficial wii games. I started to read from this forum about the homebrew channel and how it is mandatory.
I have no homebrew channel, as you can see :
IMG_20190301_223100.jpg

I followed the tutorial using the letterbomb hack. My version is 4.3E.
Formatted 2 GB SD card (not SDHC) to FAT32 and put the letterbomb content (not the folder) in the root of the SD card. I found the letter bomb in the messages and after I press the letter, my screen stays on the following screen :
IMG_20190301_222916.jpg
As far as I know I am supposed to get a message Tha says that I should press 1 to continue but it never shows up.
I found out that when i press the Reset button and then the power button, I receive the bootmii menu :
IMG_20190301_223453.jpg
When i choose homebrew, i get this message :
IMG_20190301_222553_HHT.jpg
I m sure i missed something, unless there is something wrong with this wii and it cannot be " homebrewed" ( right term?).
Sorry for the long thread, i wanted to give as many details as possible, and thank you for any assistance in this issue.
Sean

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Use modmii's hackmii solutions guide, then run ModMii's main wizard to re-mod the wii as if it had never been hacked before, when asked about installing all active IOSs say yes (this is to get rid of the 'darkcorp' garbage that was installed allowing it to play some burned disks from the disc channel)

Reactions: Sean_Belk and Kubez

Sean_Belk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
Thank you for the reply. I just found out that you replied, i thought i would get a notification when you replied. Perhaps i should have set it somewhere.
I followed your instructions and went to the website found in your signature.
These are the following files i downloaded :
Error 1.jpg
I clicked on the the ModMii.exe file and followed the instructions :
Error 2.jpg
After i transfered the files to the SD card (formatted to FAT32), i loaded it to the WII and looked for the envelope which i found.
After i click on it, i get a black screen.
I thought i missed a step so I did the whole process again from scratch, reformatted the SD card and reloaded it to the WII.
I still get the black screen.
What am i missing ?
And thank you again for the assistance, appreciate it.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Run modmii"s hackmii solutions guide as I said earlier (I can tell by your screenshot you ran a different wizard). I think your standard modmii guide would have also included a note telling you to run the hackmii solutions guide if u have issues with hackmii.... so try that, lol :)

Reactions: Sean_Belk

Sean_Belk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Run modmii"s hackmii solutions guide as I said earlier (I can tell by your screenshot you ran a different wizard). I think your standard modmii guide would have also included a note telling you to run the hackmii solutions guide if u have issues with hackmii.... so try that, lol

Hi,
Thank you again for your assistance and i apologize in advance, your kind help is still needed.
Regarding the guide, you were absolutely right, i was running the wrong guide.
After clicking on ModMii.exe, i always choose :
Modmii wizard first guide.jpg
After understanding my mistake (with your help), i ran the following one :

Modmii wizard second guide.jpg

After putting everything on the SD card and loading the message bomb from the message board in the WII , i received this :

IMG_20190304_163313_HHT.jpg

Which is quite great because until now, i never managed to reach this level.

However, i am unable to use the WII remote anymore.

My WII remote flashes when i press on any button as if it is not operational.

From the screen, i figured that i need to use the remote in order to navigate but i does not work.

Is there something i need to do in order to activate the remote or am i doing something wrong again ?

Btw, although it might sound silly, i tried using the reset button and the power off on the WII itself , thinking it might help navigate, but it didn't.

Thank you again.

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-4_18-36-40.png
    upload_2019-3-4_18-36-40.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by Sean_Belk,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Ah, so mmm doesn't support wiimote+ remotes - some folks and I are slowly working on adding an alternative to modmii. In the meantime, if you have an older remote (or gamecube controller) try that, it's the simplest solution.

If you don't have an old wiimote or GC controller, then visit this site: https://github.com/FIX94/Some-YAWMM-Mod/releases

Download Some-YAWMM-Mod.elf, rename it boot.elf and save is to sd:\boot.elf. Then when u launch your exploit it will load yawmm instead of mmm, and u can install the wads as per your guide using this tool instead.

Then run the standard modmii guide, but when u get to the mmm step, instead use yawmm again. This time you'll want to access it via the HBC so download some-yawmm-mod-v1.0.zip, and extract it to your apps folder.

Sean_Belk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, so mmm doesn't support wiimote+ remotes - some folks and I are slowly working on adding an alternative to modmii. In the meantime, if you have an older remote (or gamecube controller) try that, it's the simplest solution.

If you don't have an old wiimote or GC controller, then visit this site:

Download Some-YAWMM-Mod.elf, rename it boot.elf and save is to sd:\boot.elf. Then when u launch your exploit it will load yawmm instead of mmm, and u can install the wads as per your guide using this tool instead.

Then run the standard modmii guide, but when u get to the mmm step, instead use yawmm again. This time you'll want to access it via the HBC so download some-yawmm-mod-v1.0.zip, and extract it to your apps folder.

Thank you for the quick reply.
The person I bought it from told me that he had it since 2010. Is it considered an old remote?
I will follow your instructions and reply with the findings.
Thank you.

Sean_Belk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

If you don't have an old wiimote or GC controller, then visit this site:

Hi,
I think i am lost in the last reply .
So i downloaded Some-YAWMM-Mod.elf and renamed it boot.elf. When you wrote to put it in the sd card, it should replace the one that is already there, the one that was generated after i ran the hackmii solutions guide?
I was not sure that this is what you meant, i tried and loaded the SD card from the wii and this is what i received : IMG_20190304_214324_HHT.jpg
IMG_20190304_214349_HHT.jpg
IMG_20190304_214339_HHT.jpg
Is this what you meant that it will load instead of mmm
When i get to the wad, i downloaded them. Do i need all of them?
You wrote after "Then run the standard modmii guide". This is when I lost you .
After i downloaded the wads and installed them, i should remove the SD card, download some-yawmm-mod-v1.0.zip, and extract it to the apps folder?
Is this the correct order?
To sum up, this is what I did :
The SD card i used included all the files generated by the execution of the hackmii solutions guide.
I changed the boot.elf file with the new Some-YAWMM-Mod.elf that was renamed boot.elf.
I downloaded some-yawmm-mod-v1.0.zip, extracted it, put it in the apps folder.
Then i put it in the wii and loaded it.
Did I follow your instructions from your last reply?
Thank you

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Looking at your first screenshot from your most recent message, did you install all those wads using yawmm? If so, you are done with the hackmii solutions guide.

Next run the standard modmii wizard guide (I.e the first option from modmii's main menu). In this new guide one of the steps will involve mmm to install some different wads. When u get to this step, launch yawmm from the HBC instead (you've already saved this to your apps folder so that's great).

Last edited by XFlak,

Sean_Belk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I succeeded to install it, finally
Thank you very much for your help.
Now i will have to find a way to make the CD's i received from my friend who has a modded wii ( he burn them for me and checked on his wii that they work) to work on my wii.
Can you point me in this website what is the tutorial?
I get an error that they can't be played
If i should open a new thread, let me know as well.
Thank you again for your help, i voted for your tutorial

Attachments

• standard modmii wizard guide.jpg
    standard modmii wizard guide.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
  • WAD generated with standard modmii wizard guide.jpg
    WAD generated with standard modmii wizard guide.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Apps folder from standard modmii wizard guide.jpg
    Apps folder from standard modmii wizard guide.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Not all wii's can play backup discs. Besides, backup discs are obsolete, set up a USB loader instead, ModMii has a guide for that too. USB loaders run faster/smoother than backup discs, and even original disks for that matter.

Edit: assuming your wii is old enough to play backup discs, try launching one using neogamma. They don't work via the disk channel unless u enable the priiloader hack to force it to use ios 249, or if u install a bunch of garbage like darkcorp/cios Corp which is what got you into this mess to begin with, lol

Last edited by XFlak,

Sean_Belk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not all wii's can play backup discs. Besides, backup discs are obsolete, set up a USB loader instead, ModMii has a guide for that too. USB loaders run faster/smoother than backup discs, and even original disks for that matter.

Edit: assuming your wii is old enough to play backup discs, try launching one using neogamma. They don't work via the disk channel unless u enable the priiloader hack to force it to use ios 249, or if u install a bunch of garbage like darkcorp/cios Corp which is what got you into this mess to begin with, lol

In the beginning, i followed your instructions and used Neogamma to launch them from there. But since it is for my little daughter, i preferred the second option (easier to operate). I enabled the "force ios249 hack" and now it works from the disc channel.
Thanks a lot for all your help from the beginning, very much appreciated.
XFlak, you rock !

Last edited by Sean_Belk,
Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol