Gaming Unable to format memory stick pro duo

chaostrik3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i bought a 8gb memory stick pro duo from ebay and when i got it it was not recognized on my psp. I try formatting on the psp and in windows but it kept saying unable to be format.
The step which i try to format is format removable disk->change to ntfs->8gb version->format. I also notice capicity says 32mb so i'm afraid it is a fake.
The numbers on the back are
MSX-M8GN
S406L 1L
Complies Canada
ICES/MND-003
MADE IN JAPAN
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3604/img0533b.jpg
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8789/img0532p.jpg

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like a fake due to build quality which looks terrible on pictures. I don't have a similar Sony Memory Stick (mine is PSP branded) so can't make a good comparison.

Also don't format to NTFS, try FAT if you can.

@Blazekid When you buy a memory stick it usually needs formatted so that the computer knows what to do with it and where it can place data.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me guess: Chinese seller?

You're almost sure to get fake memory sticks from Chinese sellers. I didn't believe it myself and I got burned.

And anyway, Ebay is the worst place to buy memory sticks. Better Newegg or Amazon.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont trust any accessories from China or Hong Kong at ebay... They are getting advantage of you. You need to report to Ebay Authority and they will caught them for those false accessories from China or Hong Kong.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He just said it was from an USA seller. Unfortunately not only the Chinese sell crap.

And anyway, ebay may or may not do anything. For example I wasn't reimbursed for the fake memory stick I bought. Even though the description of the auction stated that the seller is responsible to pay return shipping, ebay/PayPal wanted me to pay to send it back. And keep in mind, it WAS a fake memory stick (512Mb instead of 16GB(!)), I wasn't returning it because I didn't like the color.

D

Deleted User

try reformatting it through the PSP itself, I'm surprised no one has mentioned this?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@stg,

I know but I am telling him about other countries if he didnt know that.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.