Unable to decrypt ISOs in Evilnat

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I can't decrypt ISOs in Evilnat. After uploading the encrypted ISOs and the corresponding key files (both have the same name) to "/dev_hdd0/PS3ISO" and clicking "Decrypt 3k3y/Redump ISOs (HDD)", a message appears saying "Could not find any encrypted ISO file". The same thing happens if clicking "Decrypt 3k3y/Redump ISOs (USB)" after copying the encrypted ISOs and the corresponding key files to the external HDD's NTFS partition's PS3ISO folder and I find it odd this setting mentions "/dev_hdd0/PS3ISO" when it has to do with USB, not with the PS3's HDD/eMMC/SSD/SSHD.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

NiQ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I can't decrypt ISOs in Evilnat. After uploading the ISO and the corresponding key (both have the same name) to "/dev_hdd0/PS3ISO" and clicking "Decrypt 3k3y/Redump ISOs (HDD)", a message appears saying "Could not find any encrypted ISO file".
Are they encrypted to begin with? If you've created them with multiMAN or IRISMAN then they're automatically decrypted, unless you explicitly changed it in the configuration. Decryption is only really needed if you create Redump type rips by ripping the discs on a PC.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are they encrypted to begin with? If you've created them with multiMAN or IRISMAN then they're automatically decrypted, unless you explicitly changed it in the configuration. Decryption is only really needed if you create Redump type rips by ripping the discs on a PC.

Yes, they are. I have the 80010017 error message when running them.

EDIT: I ran PS3DEC Simple GUI, chose the encrypted ISOs with the corresponding dkey files (I had to download the latter since said key files had the "key" extension, not the "dkey" one. I find it odd the "Decrypt 3k3y/Redump ISOs (HDD)" setting [as well as the "Decrypt 3k3y/Redump ISOs (USB)" one] mentions "key" files and not "dkey" ones as well as the existence of both "key" and "dkey" files), created decrypted ISOs and after running them on the PS3, I was able to play the games without any error message.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Which is about as fun as it sounds.