Hardware "Unable to charge" X error

SheriffBuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got 5 boards with the same problem. They boot fine, however when I plug in any charger including the OEM, I get a warning message saying "Unable to charge", with an X beside the battery symbol.

This happens with the USB connector both ways. CC lines buzz through to M92 fine. ESD protection IC removed in all CC lines. I've replaced the M92s and several BQ, but problem stubbornly continues. On a few of the boards, they do actually pull 0.4A, but a couple of the others pull 0A. The error message is consistent across all devices.

Any thoughts and ideas for me to try?

Sheriff.

Screenshot 2020-11-19 091624.jpg

Last edited by SheriffBuck,

SheriffBuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The issue was primarily Fuel Gauge related if I remember correctly, although I think there were some M92 issues there too. Probably worth changing those out first.

Does the issue occur with the official OEM charger? If it doesn't, you may have damage to the USB data lines going to the SOC.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The issue was primarily Fuel Gauge related if I remember correctly, although I think there were some M92 issues there too. Probably worth changing those out first.

Does the issue occur with the official OEM charger? If it doesn't, you may have damage to the USB data lines going to the SOC.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I've just replaced p13 and a blown filter. and power on a switch with this error

theres no shorts on m92. should I replace still and see if it starts charging.

not shorts on bq either
not sure how to check the fuel gauge.

thanks in advance

changed m92 made no difference. help would be appreciated thanks

Last edited by rip-it-up,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY