Unable to boot HBL in emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YourHero, Mar 20, 2016.

1. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    So in sysnand my 3ds has no problems doing menuhax auto boot to CTRbootmanager. From there I can launch my GW or HBL. However recently, today, when I try to use HBL installed to emunand via CIA it won't boot back into CTRbootmanager like it used to. I need it to do so from emunand so it can do things like, custom themes, and use my internet connection for things as sysnand does not have a wifi connection to prevent updates to it. So what can I do to correct this? It was fine literally 3 days ago, and I cannot figure out the problem. It's complaining about payload on the SD card which is obviously there or I wouldn't be able to boot CTRbootmanager.

sysnand>menuhax>CTRbootmanager>GW/HBL O
    Emunand>HBL cia>Back to CTRbootmanager X

2. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Menuhax has it's own payload (Called ropbin) while hblauncher loader cia has it's own payload (called otherapp)
    When you first install menuhax, that's when it connects to the internet and downloads the payload.
    When you first use hblauncher loader, it connects to the internet to download the payload.

But anyways, you can use custom themes with CHMM on emunand without HBL. In fact you barely need HBL at all in emunand.

Raylight likes this.