Hardware Ultimately, how powerful is the Switch GPU?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you enjoy a dusty brick with no current games so be it.

What makes no sense is when confronted by Nintendo's lack of third party support and game droughts you accuse people of some personal flaw for not finding it acceptable.

You one of those people that like to get spanked and stepped on?
I enjoy life. If I have free time I prefer to go outside and do enjoyable things instead of bitching anonymously like a cave troll in a random forum.
Either that, or I just turn on my XB1, PC, Wii U (you may not believe it, but I even have backlog on that failure), etc. and start playing some game. Bitching is for insecure people that don't know better, free time is a scarce resource I won't lose it on bitching around.

PS: Yes, I consider the obsession with bitching around instead of enjoying your free time a character flaw.
And again, I think it is linked to the stupid measurement of e-peen done by insecure kids all the time, I stand by it, stop measuring it and go enjoy already!

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: grossaffe

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how Diva displays video in the background but i wish they would give option to just blacken it a bit so it's not that distracting.
*sigh* Guess it's time to spam Sega so they will do it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Man, is this another "SWITCH HAS NO GAMES " rant?
Jesus dude, just go. @jimbo13 this argument is as outdated as newest PS4.

If it seems old because it is as old as the Switch's antiquated hardware that's getting no third party support.

It's an old argument, since about year 3 of the Wii. Still relevant because Nintendo hasn't changed the scam. Personal attacks doesn't change Nintendo's short comings people are sick of. And if you want someone to go don't tag them and continue to argue with them.

Last edited by jimbo13,
Reactions: geodeath
D

Deleted User

If it seems old because it is as old as the Switch's antiquated hardware that's getting no third party support.

It's an old argument, since about year 3 of the Wii still relevant and personal attacks doesn't change Nintendo's short comings people are sick of. And if you want someone to go don't tag them and continue to argue with them.
You don't have anything better to do rather than shit console on the internet?
Like you could be playing games right now rather than continuing same useless arguments over 3 pages.

Well there is a 3DS version, so it's still a possibility for a proper port to the Vita.
Vita? Well, i think you meant Switch, but if Vita haven't received it now, it probably won't in future.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

It's an old argument, since about year 3 of the Wii. Still relevant because Nintendo hasn't changed the scam. Personal attacks doesn't change Nintendo's short comings people are sick of. And if you want someone to go don't tag them and continue to argue with them.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170008-Square-Enix-Nintendo-Switch-Support
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...native_nintendo_switch_support_for_developers

And it's still still out of stock since it's selling so well.
Your hate against a piece of tech is pathetic, I seen you time and time again and you're always negative. Why don't you go to 4chan instead? You would fit right in!

Like you could be playing games right now rather than continuing same useless arguments over 3 pages.

Vita? Well, i think you meant Switch, but if Vita haven't received it now, it probably won't in future.
Ops! The Switch... I shouldn't think and type at the same time xD

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No I don't, I check temp when I get an alert in my tabs from you tagging me. I'm tuning my VR setup and playing with skyrim mods.

But nothing about me has anything to do with the Switch's Dorito processor not getting any third party support.

Criticism of the systems short comings is as valid endeavor as people hyping a flawed console, but unlike you my comments wont lead to anyone wasting money on a brick.

Your hate against a piece of tech is pathetic, I seen you time and time again and you're always negative. Why don't you go to 4chan instead? You would fit right in!

Because Switch has offered nothing to praise. I hate Nintendo's shitty practices and how they negatively impact my hobby and the industry.

I don't post for the sake of people hyping trash, I post for the fence sitters so they have a wide array of opinions and are well aware the Switch is not going to get anything current and lacks third party support.

Last edited by jimbo13,
D

Deleted User

No I don't, I check temp when I get an alert in my tabs from you tagging me. I'm tuning my VR setup and playing with skyrim mods.

But nothing about me has anything to do with the Switch's Dorito processor not getting any third party support.

Criticism of the systems short comings is as valid endeavor as people hyping a flawed console, but unlike you my comments wont lead to anyone wasting money on a brick.
No offence, but you sound like those skids from /r/pcmasterrace which will hate on anything that doesn't have shitty VR or 4k60fps.
I don't think it's worth wasting my time to argue with you. (Maybe try 4chan like other user suggested? Especially /pol/)

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Specs aren't equal to quality games. You should know that by now. PS3 was a massive flop and it got turned around. The 3DS was a massive flop, but it got turned around. None of these systems was power house. Still when they started to sell units, 3rd party comes. Of course developers want to develop to a platform with higher chance of selling their software?

What you have is a personal agenda, for some reason. You aren't "protecting anyone", you are just nagging.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Specs aren't equal to quality games. You should know that by now. PS3 was a massive flop and it got turned around. The 3DS was a massive flop, but it got turned around. None of these systems was power house. Still when they started to sell units, 3rd party comes. Of course developers want to develop to a platform with higher chance of selling their software?

What you have is a personal agenda, for some reason. You aren't "protecting anyone", you are just nagging.

That's right I have a personal agenda.

Discourage people from buying shitty antiquated hardware with no third party support, so Nintendo stops making shitty antiquated hardware with no third party support so myself and others don't need to pay $300 for a brick to play the next Zelda.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Discourage people from buying shitty antiquated hardware with no third party support, so Nintendo stops making shitty antiquated hardware with no third party support so myself and others don't need to pay $300 for a brick to play the next Zelda.
But it have third party support. So your arguments are invalid. You got no good arguments at all to be honest.

You just feel like a radical at the moment spewing hate and nonsense for no obvious reason.
Now I shall continue watching this thread and have talk withs proper people that seem to actually care and want to discuss the hardware. Both the positive and the negative.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Why would to you need to pay it? Did they put a gun in your head?
Just don't play Zelda.
Or if you play Zelda get Nintendo hardware. It is their selling point after all.
What is hard to understand there?
Every console maker sells their "outdated hardware" based on making the players life easier, setting up a community around it, and providing exclusive software for their consoles.
It is the same for Microsoft or Sony.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would to you need to pay it? Did they put a gun in your head?
Just don't play Zelda.
Or if you play Zelda get Nintendo hardware. It is their selling point after all.
What is hard to understand there?
Every console maker sells their "outdated hardware" based on making the players life easier, setting up a community around it, and providing exclusive software for their consoles.
It is the same for Microsoft or Sony.

And I want the console market to die and go the way of the Betamax where it belongs, Nintendo just happens to be the most prominent offender at the moment. What is hard to understand there?

The topic is the Switch's processor.

It is a fucking Dorito, and limits the support it will get.

The end, don't like that opinion stop engaging me.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And I want the console market to die and go the way of the Betamax where it belongs, Nintendo just happens to be the most prominent offender at the moment. What is hard to understand there?
It is hard to understand that a grown up still believes the world revolves around him.
Hell, most people go beyond that phase when they enter grade school.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is hard to understand that a grown up still believes the world revolves around him.
Hell, most people go beyond that phase when they enter grade school.

Go count the amount of positive attributes you cited about the switch versus how many assertions you made about peoples alleged character flaws.

Pretty obvious what your motivations are.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What would be nice, if the Switch got hacked and a overclock plugin could be made. Like how Henkaku works on the Vita.
But how much can you overclock it until it need more cooling however?

D

Deleted User

What would be nice, if the Switch got hacked and a overclock plugin could be made. Like how Henkaku works on the Vita.
But how much can you overclock it until it need more cooling however?
Nah, i managed to overclock most phones to run even 2.0GHz, Switch will probably only take 1,4GHz-1,6GHz without cooling.

But still, i don't think it would be possible from Switch itself, we would need to boot Android or something or atleast leave Switch OS for a second.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nah, i managed to overclock most phones to run even 2.0GHz, Switch will probably only take 1,4GHz-1,6GHz without cooling.

But still, i don't think it would be possible from Switch itself, we would need to boot Android or something or atleast leave Switch OS for a second.
Maybe a NTR like plugin could work, Henkaku doesn't have full system access either.

D

Deleted User

True enough, probably what plutoo and the others are hunting.
They're pretty close and pretty far at the same time.
They have userland so they can experiment more, if they manage to crack Switch's security and bypass most of security [ARM TrustZone etc.] then it's a big win for them.
But we will not see that anytime soon, even with userland exploits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo