josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
That will be cool. So everything I need to use the loader, I gotta enter by HBC, right? So while loading the iso with WBFS manager, do i need to format the card?

BTW, is wise to have Preloader, bootmii, softmii install to the Wii?

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
im a little confuse. I need to format using WBFS manager to load in the .iso, but that means the rest of the apps will be format off. But, when I tried to open the SDcard drive, my PC prompt me to format it.

I just cannot load in the games with the apps in it at all. Im kinda confuse tho.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
josho said:
im a little confuse. I need to format using WBFS manager to load in the .iso, but that means the rest of the apps will be format off. But, when I tried to open the SDcard drive, my PC prompt me to format it.
I just cannot load in the games with the apps in it at all. Im kinda confuse tho.

Are you trying to use just the SD card for everything, games and covers and config?
Then you need 2 partitions, one WBFS for games and another one FAT32 for the apps, covers, configuration,...
Both should be primary partitions. And I recommend allocating at least 100MB for fat partition, maybe even 200MB, if you want to put all existing covers on it and some more stuff.
But creating 2 partitions on a SD card is not so easy to do in windows.
You can use this tool: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/ (use the liveCD)
It should work, but be careful not to format your disk
wink.gif

If this doesn't work, I think there was another tutorial how to do it, but I don't know where it is
tongue.gif

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I decided to try the USB method instead of SDcard. (could it be the SDcard 200mb is too small for it's partition?)

So, what I'm doing is to have the Apps on SDcard. I went straight to USBloader since I had the channel installed to the system menu under Oggzee tutorial.

After loading to USBloader, I selected USB instead of SD. Plugged the thumb drive in after I had format it with WBFS manager and load the .iso. The menu kept on counting down and unable to detect my drive.

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks Satangel for the link. I did a checked and confirm that my thumb drive, sandisk 4gb cruzer is compatible.

I tried to load both oggzee and USB Loader GX, but it does not read my thumb drive when it is trying to read it.

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, turns out I'm an idiot and answered my own question.

This thread is great though; thanks for keeping all of this stuff in one giant post! This is my go-to for quick answers.

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
It's kinda weird. I just bought 1TB My Book Essential (Western Digital), had it partition to FAT32(as told in the chart). Plug in to USBloader, select the channel, load with USB Mass Storage but apparently it does not work as it kept on counting down to 30sec and gotten the same error Ret - 6.

What am I doing wrong here?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
josho said:
It's kinda weird. I just bought 1TB My Book Essential (Western Digital), had it partition to FAT32(as told in the chart). Plug in to USBloader, select the channel, load with USB Mass Storage but apparently it does not work as it kept on counting down to 30sec and gotten the same error Ret - 6.

after formating to FAT32 you should use WBFS Manager 3.0.1 and formt to WBFS then load an ISO then try it with the loader
wink.gif

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
BIG MOE said:
josho said:

after formating to FAT32 you should use WBFS Manager 3.0.1 and formt to WBFS then load an ISO then try it with the loader
wink.gif

Yup, I did that. After formatting, I load the .iso to properly to the drive using WBFS Manager 3.0.1. Had to idea why it does not load when I selected USB Mass Storage.
(Forgotten to mention this in my earlier post)

Believe I did something wrong because I had 2 different devices tested and gotten same result.

feel so at lost now....
hate2.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
did you try both ports ? and try reinstalling cIOS36_rev10 even try cIOS36_rev9 , when you are in 30 sec count down unplug the hdd and plug it again
smile.gif

Andarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having some issues with Ultimate (latest version) and backing up games.

I have an 8 GB Sandisk Cruzer USB stick, formatted correctly (U3 system removed through the uninstaller) and registering through the loader. When I try to dump Brawl, it works all fine and dandy until it reaches 44% (44.03 - 44.18) and then crashes. No more % is added, ETA does not change. The light on the USB stick turns partially off and immediately flashes back to full brightness rapidly.

That was with CIOS36 Rev10. I also tried with CIOS Rev9, which allowed me to reach approximately 56%.

Any help that might let me get the entire thing copied? Thank you.

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
BIG MOE said:
did you try both ports ? and try reinstalling cIOS36_rev10 even try cIOS36_rev9 , when you are in 30 sec count down unplug the hdd and plug it again
smile.gif

Tried with both port before. But the way, how can I uninstall cIOS36_rev10 since I need to install rev_9?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Andarel said:
I've been having some issues with Ultimate (latest version) and backing up games.

I have an 8 GB Sandisk Cruzer USB stick, formatted correctly (U3 system removed through the uninstaller) and registering through the loader. When I try to dump Brawl, it works all fine and dandy until it reaches 44% (44.03 - 44.18) and then crashes. No more % is added, ETA does not change. The light on the USB stick turns partially off and immediately flashes back to full brightness rapidly.

That was with CIOS36 Rev10. I also tried with CIOS Rev9, which allowed me to reach approximately 56%.

Any help that might let me get the entire thing copied? Thank you.
loading games done better with WBFS Manager 3.0.1 , or USB Loader cfg rev30 by OggZee
wink.gif

Posts merged

josho said:
QUOTE(BIG MOE @ May 25 2009, 11:12 PM) did you try both ports ? and try reinstalling cIOS36_rev10 even try cIOS36_rev9 , when you are in 30 sec count down unplug the hdd and plug it again
smile.gif

Tried with both port before. But the way, how can I uninstall cIOS36_rev10 since I need to install rev_9?
just install it , cause it will overwrite the rev10
wink.gif

Andarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, MOE. I will try that tomorrow - I was testing with both Ultimate and GX, and both resulted in freezes. Regardless, I found a .iso uploaded to Megaupload (8gb) and because of what's going on there...downloading that, will see if it works. If I can make that single-layer, even better, though not sure how to do that (but that's a different story).

Will test tomorrow. Thanks.

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Wish me luck. Going to try it tonight!

Update -
Managed to get rev9 installed (forgotten to set to boot.dol in the folder of Apps folder)

Yes, rev 10 is giving me problem and that's why I cannot load the game and rev 9 allow! But this is the problem I am facing. When I start the game, I had no idea why it kept on flicking non stop from the start. Both Oggzee and USB Loader GX appear to give me the same result. Would like to know how can I resolve this issue.

Finally I make it work but leave the flicking part on the TV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2