Hacking ** Ultimate USB Loader & Accessories Bible For Dummies **

hmbn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, interested in the USB loader but that thread for dummies was just full of walls of text so I figured I'd be better off asking in this thread. Been part of the Wii homebrew community for a while, just haven't caught up on the USB loaders. I have a 3.2 Wii, what updates (as in CIOS, if any) would be necessary to install a USB Loader? Would that affect my Wii for future updates (would I even need more updates)? Which USB Loader is recommended? Thanks.
biggrin.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
hmbn said:
Hey guys, interested in the USB loader but that thread for dummies was just full of walls of text so I figured I'd be better off asking in this thread. Been part of the Wii homebrew community for a while, just haven't caught up on the USB loaders. I have a 3.2 Wii, what updates (as in CIOS, if any) would be necessary to install a USB Loader? Would that affect my Wii for future updates (would I even need more updates)? Which USB Loader is recommended? Thanks.
biggrin.gif
just install cIOS36_rev10 by Wanin and run the USB Loader ( recommended is the one by OGGZEE or the one by dimok and nIxx , personally I prefer the first one by OggZee ) and there is no harm in it whats so ever , and by the way the walls of text you mentioned is a simplicity of hundreds of pages you should of went through to find out what's going on
wink.gif
good luck .

JPSiemer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
JPSiemer said:
Do any of the loaders support saving the covers to the USB drive instead of the SD card? I only ask because I am modding my cousins Wii and he doesn't want to go out and buy an SD card just to be able to save covers...

Or better yet... do any support saving ALL settings to the USB drive instead of the SD card? That would be sweet...
you do need the SD for covers and config txt file and title txt files , so it is recommended to have one ( targets have it on sale for $13.99 for 4GB sdhc ) and you can use it for sure
wink.gif

Well don't you think it would make more sense not to require an additional piece of hardware when the USB drive could be used to store everything?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
JPSiemer said:
BIG MOE said:
JPSiemer said:
Do any of the loaders support saving the covers to the USB drive instead of the SD card? I only ask because I am modding my cousins Wii and he doesn't want to go out and buy an SD card just to be able to save covers...

Or better yet... do any support saving ALL settings to the USB drive instead of the SD card? That would be sweet...
you do need the SD for covers and config txt file and title txt files , so it is recommended to have one ( targets have it on sale for $13.99 for 4GB sdhc ) and you can use it for sure
wink.gif

Well don't you think it would make more sense not to require an additional piece of hardware when the USB drive could be used to store everything?
well once the coders start working for your dad and get paid per hour rates ,I'll tell them to do that for you
wink.gif
, when saving a hundreds of dollars on games make your friend cheap enough not to invest in $15 SD Card , this will be absolutely your problem , don't you think ?? peace

knuj_on

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
poiuytre said:
Is it normal that USB-loaded games will hang after leaving the console idle for a while? I've been looking through FAQs and several of these topics, but I've never seen anyone bring this up. My guess is that it wants to start reading where it left off, but it looks for it on the disc after getting out of the sleep-mode, rather than the USB-source. Is this a well-known problem and, more importantly, is there a solution available?

There is a thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146887&st=0 "** How To Make Any HDD Compatible With USB Loader For Dummies **, 96% Success After Days Of Testing
wink.gif
All yours to Enjoy" that contains your answer :-
-2- Open Device Manager Tool for your HDD and look for the Power Management Settings and change it from 15 minutes to NEVER
However this only exists for some drives. There is an open source utility to do this called hdparm. The windows version I found (6.9) gives an IO error of some sort. I had to build a linux box out of old bits, strip the drive from the caddy and connect directly to the mboard's IDE controller to do this (as I could not make it work with USB in the way). The practical upshot is use FreeAgent-DT-WW.exe with a freeagent drive (link for download in topic above) or an older maxtor drive with FreeAgentCN.exe.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
knuj_on said:
poiuytre said:
Is it normal that USB-loaded games will hang after leaving the console idle for a while? I've been looking through FAQs and several of these topics, but I've never seen anyone bring this up. My guess is that it wants to start reading where it left off, but it looks for it on the disc after getting out of the sleep-mode, rather than the USB-source. Is this a well-known problem and, more importantly, is there a solution available?

There is a thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146887&st=0 "** How To Make Any HDD Compatible With USB Loader For Dummies **, 96% Success After Days Of Testing
wink.gif
All yours to Enjoy" that contains your answer :-
-2- Open Device Manager Tool for your HDD and look for the Power Management Settings and change it from 15 minutes to NEVER
However this only exists for some drives. There is an open source utility to do this called hdparm. The windows version I found (6.9) gives an IO error of some sort. I had to build a linux box out of old bits, strip the drive from the caddy and connect directly to the mboard's IDE controller to do this (as I could not make it work with USB in the way). The practical upshot is use FreeAgent-DT-WW.exe with a freeagent drive (link for download in topic above) or an older maxtor drive with FreeAgentCN.exe.
that is correct and sorry I missed this post before
wink.gif

Quom

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there an up to date customisable USB loader that someone has compiled with all of the configuring done for you? Like pre-loaded with the covers and cheats and stuff? Too stupid to do it myself most likely but would like the added features like cheats etc.

ed933

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ghey I just installed IOS-es 53, 64 and 38 to get the WiiWare game Swords & Soldiers working, but now the Ultimate USB loader comes up with a message "Waiting for USB device", i've tried uninstalling the IOS-es and also attempted to reinstall cIOS 36 rev10 but it errored. Working perfectly before i tinkered with it.. =[ Any help would be awesome!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ed933 said:
Ghey I just installed IOS-es 53, 64 and 38 to get the WiiWare game Swords & Soldiers working, but now the Ultimate USB loader comes up with a message "Waiting for USB device", i've tried uninstalling the IOS-es and also attempted to reinstall cIOS 36 rev10 but it errored. Working perfectly before i tinkered with it.. =[ Any help would be awesome!
once you see the message disconnect the power to the HD and plug it again , and see if this will trouble shoot the problem
wink.gif

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Sorry guys, I had not have time to do the Wii yet.

So this is what I am going to do?

DL USBloader.

Get cIOS_rev10 - can I download from here?

WBFS Manager 3.0.1 - This is meant to transfer the .iso

For USBforwarder, not sure if I do need this (Unsure where I can get it DL)? I still not quite sure about this even though been explained.
"it is a channel that you can install with the ability to load boot.dol file from a USBLoader folder in your apps folder in the root of your SD Card , and this way you don't need to install a new channel every time a new version get released , but you change the boot.dol to the newer one"

Appreciate for the help!

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
could some one please for the love of anything tell me or explain to me how the hell i can find out what these two saves are on my sd card??

one of them has the ID 'WBQP' and has data.bin inside which leads me to believe that it is a PAL save.

the other one has the ID 'AZHG' and has content.bin inside which means it is a channel.

now i might be able to find what AZHG is by deleting it and seeing which channel has gone from my SD Card Menu, but for WBQP i have no idea how to find out what it is. even been on WiiSave website but nothing is there for it... i'm very confused...
unsure.gif

thanks anyone

EDIT: crap, found out in my save list that WBQP is Star Soldier R, i thought it might be a wiiware game because of the W at the start lol. now just AZHG to uncover...

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
josho said:
Sorry guys, I had not have time to do the Wii yet.

So this is what I am going to do?

DL USBloader.

Get cIOS_rev10 - can I download from here?

WBFS Manager 3.0.1 - This is meant to transfer the .iso

For USBforwarder, not sure if I do need this (Unsure where I can get it DL)? I still not quite sure about this even though been explained.
"it is a channel that you can install with the ability to load boot.dol file from a USBLoader folder in your apps folder in the root of your SD Card , and this way you don't need to install a new channel every time a new version get released , but you change the boot.dol to the newer one"

Appreciate for the help!
you are correct , and all files downloaded are correct , just trust yourself and don't worry we are here to aid if needed
wink.gif

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Thank you, Big Moe.

I had installed cIOS36 rev 10 and updated my homebrew channel earlier on. I tried to install the USB Loader as well, but it kept waiting for USB detection. I went to look around on youtube, by right there's option on whether to select USB or SDcard, but I do not have that option at all. SO it just went on to countdown and reset the Wii. Thats the only area I am stuck now.

appreciate the help

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
never mind, found it out by doin the delete AZHG folder after seeing what the channels are on SD Menu.

for those on google searching for what AZHG is.:

AZHG Wii Game Save ID = DVD dumper

that would have helped me searching google for this XD

i dont know why i put this question here in the first place actually... sorry guys
tongue.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
josho said:
Thank you, Big Moe.

I had installed cIOS36 rev 10 and updated my homebrew channel earlier on. I tried to install the USB Loader as well, but it kept waiting for USB detection. I went to look around on youtube, by right there's option on whether to select USB or SDcard, but I do not have that option at all. SO it just went on to countdown and reset the Wii. Thats the only area I am stuck now.

appreciate the help
at the count down reset your HDD and not the Wii
wink.gif

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
BIG MOE said:
josho said:
Thank you, Big Moe.

appreciate the help
wink.gif

Big Moe, Im not using HDD but SDcard instead. =(

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
josho said:
BIG MOE said:
josho said:
Thank you, Big Moe.

appreciate the help
wink.gif

Big Moe, Im not using HDD but SDcard instead. =(
use the cfg Loader by OggZee it does have the choice option for SD
wink.gif

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Great Big Moe! Just before I go out to work, quickly gotten the program of OggZee and install in my Wii! It works perfectly! Now I got to reformat the SDcard using WBFSmanager 3.0.1 and transfer the .iso in there!

One more thing, how can I have the USBloader channel on the Wii Channel?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
josho said:
Great Big Moe! Just before I go out to work, quickly gotten the program of OggZee and install in my Wii! It works perfectly! Now I got to reformat the SDcard using WBFSmanager 3.0.1 and transfer the .iso in there!

One more thing, how can I have the USBloader channel on the Wii Channel?
I'll talk to OggZee to see if he made one yet other wise I'll make one for you
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to