Not open for further replies.

El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
HiBit said:

perfect thanks
smile.gif

also, is there a wau to disable bootmii? I hate it opening as I turn on my Wii, I'd rather just go to the system menu. thanks

RobySchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i'm following the offline guide. I start with 3.4E.
Everything goes well untill...
"11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18. If WAD Manager freezes during installation just try again from the WAD it froze on.

12) While still in WAD Manager install SystemMenuv###.wad"

when i try to install those wads i have an error (ret=-2011) edit sorry error is 1022

i press a key to return to the menu and try again.... i try untill it says "finished".

Sometimes i have to retry 10-15 times but on the last wad (SystemMenu) i cannot have a "good" finish. What can i do? Is it possible to eliminate those 1022 error?
I can only use offline procedure for now.

I have sucessfully installed bootmii as boot2 and i have restored the wii because i cannot finished the procedure above!

Any clues?

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RobySchwarz said:
What can i do? Is it possible to eliminate those 2011 error?
Try Trucha Bug Restorer from WiiPower. You can get all info and dl here in this forum.

Also you can read it in this thread if you scroll up.

RobySchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HiBit said:
RobySchwarz said:
What can i do? Is it possible to eliminate those 2011 error?
Try Trucha Bug Restorer from WiiPower. You can get all info and dl here in this forum.

Also you can read it in this thread if you scroll up.

as i write upe the error is not 2011 but 1022... sorry

EDIT:

DONE!!!! the problem is the sd.
I have tried loading the wad from usb and evrything goes well.

Now i will try loading my backups..... :-)

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Step 6, and whenever I select Downgrade IOS15, everything loads up fine and then I suddenly get a (DSI) Exception along with a code dump. What am I doing wrong?

Riquisimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riquisimo said:
Alrighty. Glad the post got updated, and thx for all the work!

When i load the IOS Downgrader, ill either get error 116 or the wii will crash with "Exception (DSI)" and a code dump.
i see that screen all to often

Ive heard the error 116 is caused by not being able to connect to the internet via wifi, or by having wiiconnect24 on.

Well, Wiiconnect24 is off, the wii CAN connect to the internet via the wireless connection (which is set to "use this connection"), all the USB devices and gcn memory cards are removed (as instructed) and im STILL getting this error.
The Trucha Bug Restorer connected just fine to the internet. I cant figure out why the IOS Downgrader wont.

All im trying to do is run backup VC from the SD Menu. Im running 4.0U. Do i still need to downgrade/upgrade at this point? or should i be able to run the games now? (b/c it wont let me)

im grateful for ANY help here.

(me ^)

Well, i set up a static ip for myself, and instead of getting an error im getting a crash. the Exception DSI message again.

any help? This is nessesary to run the backups from the SD menu right? or is it just to upgrade to ver4.1?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
It is recommended to restore IOS15 after using it to patch IOS36. That should be the next step before installing cIOS.

When installing IOS wads, you should remove IOS36 and IOS15. Installing these wads after the fact is pointless because you have already installed them with TBR. Actually, installing it would probably be worse as I doubt that wad has nand flash access patch that you have the user doing previously in TBR.

You should note that if you are already on v4.1U, the only necessary wad to install is the cios60 (to enable SD card wad launching). Installing the others is not necessary if you are already on 4.1U.

Maybe a good idea to add cMIOS to the mix. It is an easy step that can be added at anytime and would allow the user gamecube backup playback as well.

On a final note, this WILL work with LU64+, only if the user only uses the TBR steps and the cIOSrev10 install. It has already been confirmed that TBR works on the new model Wii's. This would get cIOS on your new wii to play backups, but I am not so sure about installing cios60 on these new machines. I would have to wait for someone else to confirm that it works for SD wad playing on the new machines. But still, you'd get backups running
1.No need to restore IOS15 since you will downgrade it again very soon
2.the old IOS36 does have the trucha bug intact which is why we use IOS-Downgrader or WADs
3.its always best to leave extra steps intact in case someone messes something up or isnt sure about what they have
4.at the end of the guide I provide links to Wiigators GC loader
5.thanks for that info since I dont own a LU64 im just going on what people say

cyberrep said:
Hi guy I have a wii 3.4u LU65, I try to make softmod, but unsusscefull, I try many methods, I update to 4.1U to solve then....after many try, I receive only a black screen..

I try many dol files
These files load with bannerbomb:
wad manager 1.4 (donts install ios 36, 15 and 249, anothers ok)
freedom beta 2 (it´s install and make a softmoded wii, but I want to make the default system menu)
TBR (when I try to install ios to ios249, i receive a error ret 1035, higher than a 3094..)
ant wad channler intaled frezee after start
Any other dol´s black screen....
Do you have the HBC? If dols wont load from there try loading them using bannerbomb

franky86 said:
i just modded a friends 3.4u wii with this guide. everything went fine, but backups(in usb loader and from discs) are randomly crashing every once in a while. copies i know work fine and a usb drive ive put 100s of hours playing off of. i only have 4.0 on my wii, should i downgrade his from 4.1 to 4.0? i dont know what could be causing the crashes and thats the only thing different.
That doesnt make much sense since Backup loaders only run on cios. try installing 3.2 and reinstalling cios and run IOS-Downgrader see if that fixes it.

QUOTE(DemonicChocobo @ Jul 26 2009, 04:30 PM) I'm on Step 6, and whenever I select Downgrade IOS15, everything loads up fine and then I suddenly get a (DSI) Exception along with a code dump. What am I doing wrong?
can you install CIOS? if so you may skip the TBR steps

QUOTE(Riquisimo @ Jul 26 2009, 04:53 PM)
Well, i set up a static ip for myself, and instead of getting an error im getting a crash. the Exception DSI message again.

any help? This is nessesary to run the backups from the SD menu right? or is it just to upgrade to ver4.1?
Its technically not necesary but a good idea to restore trucha bugs.
Try clearing your internet settings and then reset them with a static IP and turn Wiiconnect24 on.
You can also use the offline guide to download WADs 1-18 and install those
If that still doesnt work you should be fine with just CIOS

will upload new hacks.ini soon

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Successfully completed all steps up to
"11) Run 4.1 Firmware-Updater."

and I run into an error,

"[+] Installing "System Menu 4.1U", please wait...
>> Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1036)"

I googled for a solution, but was only able to find one mention in English, where someone suggested to have 250 blocks free. I have 1750 free on the Wii's memory.

Any ideas?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
assassda said:
satel said:
last question : when i done the online upgrading the instructions talked about upgrading to 4.1 but once finished my wii is at 4.0 is this ok ?
did you download the latest package? Run firmware upgrader 4.1 again
so you saying i can run the 4.1 upgrader even after i've finished installing everything ?

lyautey

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
satel said:
i get link is broken error when i try to download the Online Downgrade Upgrade.zip !!

same here, could somebody please upload the pack to another mirror ?? thanks a lot

redsrule2500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attempted this update, but skipped these parts and went straight for the cIOS:

Code:
6) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Download IOS from NUS" then restart

7) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Download IOS from NUS"

because I am on 3.2U and thought I didn't need to do them.

Now when I attempt to update to 4.1 using the firmware updater, it fails on the System Menu part. Am I screwed?

I have since just attempted installing the IOS files (as WADs) that I'm missing to hopefully play the new games without it, but some are failing to install and I still am unable to play Tiger Woods 10!

Any help is appreciated GREATLY!
wacko.gif

Wii 3.2U
Wiikey 1.9b
Launch Wii
Installed Homebrew Channel, preloader, Bootmii, a couple IOS, backed up NAND.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
13) Install preloader. On the install screen press 1

14) Set your preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

oke I have an problem with these steps and it is this ive installed preloader with succes but when I try to open sys hack thingy I see CODEhacks for sm version (r450) were found no
Ive retried it one time printed out the guide so what did I do fault? :unsure

redsrule2500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephiran said:
QUOTE said:

14) Set your preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

oke I have an problem with these steps and it is this ive installed preloader with succes but when I try to open sys hack thingy I see CODEhacks for sm version (r450) were found no
Ive retried it one time printed out the guide so what did I do fault? :unsure

Sounds like you need to find and download a version of the 'hacks.ini' file and then place that on the root of your SD card.

Atrozation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi bro and i've read through your detailed tutorial
thank you for the tut but i just cant seem to solve my situation
Here is my situation:
My wii is already softmod when i bought it. Gamma 0.3
Recently i just tried to load virtual tennis 3 and Sports resort under backup channel
but in fact got a error #002*Blue Screen*
Thus as advice by goodmates in Gbatemp that i should update to Neogamma R6 instead and 002 errors should be fixed
I wanted to update but i cant find any help in forum

Just wanna ask u if i could check if my wii have its nand back uped?
Just in case because if i really update my wii its my first time updating it and i fear of bricking cases
and also how to check if my version is cIOS38 rev13b?
and hopefully for a detailed and good solutions for first time noobers like me. thanks!
thanks for your help guys!

Father Ted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
11) Run 4.1 Firmware-Updater.

12) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check.

Am already on 3.2e so just decided to do the following steps above.

All seemed to go fine with the frimware 4.1 updater but when I went back to the main menu noting was changed. Still on 3.2.
Same thing after step 12. I also did the preloader sttings. Thought that was fine but the annoying thing is every time I start up my Wii that stupid preloader starts up before everything else! How do I get rid of this and what did I do wrong with the update that didn't acctually work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I have cioscorp and all that installed to run backups but thats it!

T$unami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taka said:
QUOTE said:
Finally decided to update my Wii from 3.2 to 4.1. Followed your online guide to the letter, though I had some difficulty when it came to 11) Run 4.1 Firmware-Updater.
It downloaded the updates, but refused to install giving me 1036 error.

A quick search revealed two possibilies, either I didn't have enough space or I needed a patched ios60. Seeing as I had plenty of free space, I first installed ios60 patched and then updated. Success!

Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier, 85 pages is way too much to trawl through.
QUOTESame here and your fix worked a treat for me also, as a precaution I then re-installed the ios60 + patch. Maybe this should be added to the FAQ.

I'm receiving the same 1036 error when it fails to install using the 4.1 Firmware-Updater. To confirm, did you simply jump to step "12) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check" then run the 4.1 updater again? I'm assuming this is what you meant by a "IOS60 patched", right?

Yes, I jumped to 12 2) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check, did 11 4.1 updater again then 12 again and then continued as per instructions

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Warm Woolly Sheep said:
Successfully completed all steps up to
"11) Run 4.1 Firmware-Updater."

and I run into an error,

"[+] Installing "System Menu 4.1U", please wait...
>> Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1036)"

I googled for a solution, but was only able to find one mention in English, where someone suggested to have 250 blocks free. I have 1750 free on the Wii's memory.

Any ideas?

Solution for error -1036:
I downloaded a 4.0 firmware updater and ran that first, then ran the 4.1 updater. Everything went fine.

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I previously used the Ultimate 4.0 Guide to safely upgrade to 4.0 from 3.4, am I okay to update directly to 4.1 or is there something special I have to do? It seems like nothing changed in the directions except instead of updating to 4.0 it now says to update to 4.1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp