assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Updated the guide to include the hackmii installer... im sure you guys will let me know when it has compatibility issues with preloader, cios60 etc so bear with me. this should make things easier in the end though.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm shouldn't you still include having cIOS previously installed or being on 3.2 or lower as a prerequisite for the online guide?

Edit: Or maybe you should just include the downgrading and installing IOS35 steps (steps 6-8 of offline) in the online guide as well and just put a note to just do those two steps if you don't have cIOS previously installed?

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi,

I have my Wii right now at 3.1U v5 (MadWorld update) with wiikey 1 and HBC installed. I installed the BootMii to Boot2 and did a nand backup. I am following the offline guide to upgrade to 4.0U. I have everything set up properly and MooSFV also verified the files are correct, but when I put everything in the SD card, nothing shows up in my HBC. Don't the boot.dol files in the apps folder require a .png and .xml to show up in HBC ?

This is where I am stuck right now. Is there any way for them to show up on HBC ? or do I need to hunt for the .png and .xml of all the apps that are there in the apps folder ?

Edit: My HBC is at 1.0.3 and am using a 4 Gb Micro SDHC card with a Micro SD adapter
smile.gif

Edit II: Okay, it seems some SDHC cards aren't compatible with HBC. Thats pretty sad
frown.gif

Edit III: Okay, I was Googling about this, and someone recommended to use this app to format the SD card...

http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/#download

I downloaded this and formatted my Kingston 4 Gb Micro SDHC card, and then copied all the files, and then everything showed up on the HBC
biggrin.gif
I have now successfully upgraded my Wii to 4.0U. Thanx a lot assassda for all your hard work and to all those people who contributed their knowledge in the making of this GREAT GUIDE
biggrin.gif
Thank you so much
biggrin.gif
Now am off to install USB Loader
biggrin.gif

Edit IV: Alright, now this is weird. After everything was done, I removed all the files and this time only put the USB Loader GX on the card, and it's not being detected by HBC. Even other apps are not being detected by HBC. I removed my R4 DS 1 gb Micro SD card and formatted it and put all the apps on it, and then HBC was able to detect it. What's really weird is sometimes HBC detects my Kingston 4 Gb Micro SDHC card and sometimes it doesn't. Anyways, am pretty happy with what has happened right now
smile.gif
I'll just keep using that regular 1 gb Micro SD card. Thanx again
smile.gif

SONYEDDIE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused at this step:

"11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18"

What are WADs 01-18? Are they files you download?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SONYEDDIE said:
I'm confused at this step:

"11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18"

What are WADs 01-18? Are they files you download?

Read through the guide carefully and make sure you have done all of the steps. If you properly did the first 3 steps you should have them already on your card clearly labeled wads 01.IOS11-64-v10.wad through 18.ios61.wad

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Read through the guide carefully and make sure you have done all of the steps. If you properly did the first 3 steps you should have them already on your card clearly labeled wads 01.IOS11-64-v10.wad through 18.ios61.wad
I assume anyone who asks those questions is skimming the guide and obviously is not in the process of upgrading because when you launch WAD Manager it would be impossible to miss them

Has anyone tried the updated guide from scratch yet? Im still wondering if Bootmii causes any problems... so many people requested I add it here and yet no one has commented on it

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
assassda said:
nabster92 said:
I assume anyone who asks those questions is skimming the guide and obviously is not in the process of upgrading because when you launch WAD Manager it would be impossible to miss them

Has anyone tried the updated guide from scratch yet? Im still wondering if Bootmii causes any problems... so many people requested I add it here and yet no one has commented on it

Well, I followed your new guide
smile.gif
But I already had HBC installed way back, and I installed BootMii to Boot2 and took a complete NAND backup. I then changed MicroSD cards and shifted to my 4 Gb MicroSDHC. I copied all the contents, and followed your new offline guide from point #8 => (8) Load CMDVDX35.dol....)

Everything went fine
smile.gif
, although after I installed Preloader, when starting up, my Wii would go to BootMii and then when I selected Sys Menu, it would load preloader, and preloader would not accept my SDHC card
frown.gif
and it was a little annoying, so I did some research and came to know that you can uninstall preloader by installing a System Menu. I then loaded up Wad Manager and REINSTALLED SystemMenu417.wad, and the preloader was gone. Am not sure whether I need preloader. I'll have to do some research about it's pros and cons and will install it if need be
smile.gif

Successfully changed my Wii from 3.1U v5 (MadWorld Update - installed via backup disc using my modchip) to 4.0U and am pretty happy with the USB Loader GX
laugh.gif

bow.gif
for your effort.

InTheDeep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
assassda said:
I assume anyone who asks those questions is skimming the guide

Been reading your guide for 2 weeks it's kind of the chicken and the egg situation , as ive come here to install IOS's an cIOS's to upgrade an downgrade etc.. i already installed HBC BOOTMII an DVDX using BannerBomb .
So we come to
6) Install cIOS36 rev10 to IOS249 using Network install mode . what i just go online and allow the Ninty update ????? Explain please it would help .
Also do we need wii connect 24 on and does it have to be in standby mode ?? Network install mode is a bit ambiguous really .
7) Downgrade system IOS files using IOS Downgrader . ????? Explain please it would help
8) Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader even if you are already on 3.2 run this . ????? Explain please it would help
even Wii>HBC>WAD MAN v1.4>Choose IOS XX >install blah . would have helped ,
something atleast to GUIDE US Noobs who have never done this and dont want to brick our wii's ever if at all possible i wanna use the Wii ,
not learn how to unbrick first .
9) Run the 4.0 Updater . ????? Explain please it would help

Q.Im still wondering if Bootmii causes any problems... so many people requested I add it here and yet no one has commented on it
A.It's probably because it works as it should do and causes no problems plus the HackMii/Bootmii Guide for it is excellent with no Missing Steps or ambiguity left to foil the first time noober like me . They even have pics and techy stuff like that.

Sadly your guide is ambiguous for noobs from step 6 the point straight after HackMii/Bootmii is installed ( generally by following thier guide ) and leaves me baffled on a few accounts if i didnt care about bricking the wii i would have tried your guide by now and no dougbt id be another 1 posting £*%$ help ive bricked my wii .
Please consider adding some Wii>HBC>WAD MAN v1.4>Choose IOS XX >install blah. type help

Plus some reasons why we install the ios an cios in the order that we do would be nice .
Why its good or bad to upgrade/downgrade to versions

Does it matter what ios or cios we install 1st ?
u say Install cIOS36 rev10 to IOS249 using Network install mode

ToneEQ suggested using
IOS38 rev 13b . Probably because its latest version i assume .
in place of your cIOS36 rev10

Dogeggs guide i came across on another site said
Open the Homebrew Channel, load Wad Manager 1.4, leave settings as default, select IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and install it, then restart your Wii . As 1st ios to install .

You > cIOS36 rev10
ToneEQ > IOS38 rev 13b
Dogeggs > IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad

3 different 1's does it matter what ios/cios we install 1st ?? does this effect what the next ios/cios install should be ?

also what should the folder structure be after installing bootmii using bannerbomb as my sd card has all files folders still on it from installing bootmii using bannerbomb some help/guidence would be greatly appreciated .

And a list of IOS/cIOS/WADS/etc... we need to do this in the Prerequisites: list would help .

OK now then if after all that you feel like answering some Q's it would be great cheers .
My Wii is euro pal sys menu version 3.4
Ver. 3.4E
RVL-001(EURO)
LEH1913
HOME BREW CHANNEL USING ->-> IOS51 V18.25
SYS MENU: 3.4E boot1b boot2v3
BootMii installed to boot2 and nand backed up twice 1st after install of hbc and bootmii and then after installing dvdx

Untill i get usb hdd hopefully next week .
I wanna be able to play game cube/vc/ww/& Wii games off of the SD card if possible . What apps/launcher/loader do i need for this please ?

also whats the deal with preloader do i need it for running games off of sd and usb ? or do i need it at all ?

many thanks

InTheDeep

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
InTheDeep said:
assassda said:
I assume anyone who asks those questions is skimming the guide

Been reading your guide for 2 weeks it's kind of the chicken and the egg situation , as ive come here to install IOS's an cIOS's to upgrade an downgrade etc.. i already installed HBC BOOTMII an DVDX using BannerBomb .
So we come to
6) Install cIOS36 rev10 to IOS249 using Network install mode . what i just go online and allow the Ninty update ????? Explain please it would help .
This means run the cIOS36 rev10 installer that's in the download for that guide. If you copied the stuff to your sd card like the guide explicitly said it should show up in the HBC. When you run it it gives you an option to do a wad installation or a network installation.

Also do we need wii connect 24 on and does it have to be in standby mode ?? Network install mode is a bit ambiguous really .
No.

7) Downgrade system IOS files using IOS Downgrader . ????? Explain please it would help
Again, just run the IOS Downgrader app through the HBC
8) Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader even if you are already on 3.2 run this . ????? Explain please it would help
Same thing once again.
even Wii>HBC>WAD MAN v1.4>Choose IOS XX >install blah . would have helped ,
something atleast to GUIDE US Noobs who have never done this and dont want to brick our wii's ever if at all possible i wanna use the Wii ,
not learn how to unbrick first .
Wii>HBC>the app it is telling you to run. You're just confusing yourself more by trying to read further into what it's telling you to do.
9) Run the 4.0 Updater . ????? Explain please it would help
Again there is a 4.0 updater app that will be in the HBC if you copy over the downloaded files properly.

Q.Im still wondering if Bootmii causes any problems... so many people requested I add it here and yet no one has commented on it
A.It's probably because it works as it should do and causes no problems plus the HackMii/Bootmii Guide for it is excellent with no Missing Steps or ambiguity left to foil the first time noober like me . They even have pics and techy stuff like that.

Sadly your guide is ambiguous for noobs from step 6 the point straight after HackMii/Bootmii is installed ( generally by following thier guide ) and leaves me baffled on a few accounts if i didnt care about bricking the wii i would have tried your guide by now and no dougbt id be another 1 posting £*%$ help ive bricked my wii .
Please consider adding some Wii>HBC>WAD MAN v1.4>Choose IOS XX >install blah. type help
Frankly if you can't follow these directions, you shouldn't be doing this kind of stuff to begin with. The best way to avoid bricking yourself is by having some knowledge of what you're actually doing to your system, not following the guide with the prettiest pictures. Following those is actually probably more likely to get you bricked than this is. Also since you successfully installed bootmii to boot2 and have a NAND backup you pretty much CAN'T brick your Wii anyways.

Plus some reasons why we install the ios an cios in the order that we do would be nice .
Why its good or bad to upgrade/downgrade to versions

Does it matter what ios or cios we install 1st ?
u say Install cIOS36 rev10 to IOS249 using Network install mode
What cIOS you install first doesn't matter. Once you install one on your system, you can run any other revision's installer and it will just install over the previous one as they all just write over IOS249.

ToneEQ suggested using
IOS38 rev 13b . Probably because its latest version i assume .
in place of your cIOS36 rev10
People have different preferences, some people say there are a lot of bugs with rev13b, rev10 is a fairly stable cIOS revision, but it doesn't include usb support for other devices besides the usb drive you would use for a usb loader. Personally I use rev13a

Dogeggs guide i came across on another site said
Open the Homebrew Channel, load Wad Manager 1.4, leave settings as default, select IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and install it, then restart your Wii . As 1st ios to install .
The purpose of installing a normal IOS is to have an IOS on your system that is vulnerable so that it can be used to install your cIOS. Installing IOS16 will not work on 4.0 Wii's which is why downgrading and installing IOS35 is required to install cIOS and will even work on systems below 4.0 which is why assassda put that in his (offline) guide (though he should put those steps 8-10 of the offline guide between steps 5 and 6 of the online guide to make it complete) Downgrading and installing a vulnerable IOS35 will work on any firmware (just not LU64 type Wii's) and so IOS16 is not mentioned in this guide because it only works for lower firmwares.

You > cIOS36 rev10
stable
ToneEQ > IOS38 rev 13b
Most recent, possibly most buggy
Dogeggs > IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
Has nothing to really do with the above two but is used to be ABLE to install the above and only works on FW below 4.0

3 different 1's does it matter what ios/cios we install 1st ?? does this effect what the next ios/cios install should be ?

also what should the folder structure be after installing bootmii using bannerbomb as my sd card has all files folders still on it from installing bootmii using bannerbomb some help/guidence would be greatly appreciated .
Leave the bootmii folder on your card for bootmii, get rid of the bannerbomb files which should be the only thing in the private folder(unless you copied other VC games or any game saves to your sd card), and leave whatever apps and wads you need to do whatever else you want in their respective folders.

And a list of IOS/cIOS/WADS/etc... we need to do this in the Prerequisites: list would help .
Everything you need is provided in the download links before each guide, although as it stands the online guide also requires a prerequisite of having any cIOS installed beforehand or being on FW 3.2 or lower.

OK now then if after all that you feel like answering some Q's it would be great cheers .
My Wii is euro pal sys menu version 3.4
Ver. 3.4E
RVL-001(EURO)
LEH1913
HOME BREW CHANNEL USING ->-> IOS51 V18.25
SYS MENU: 3.4E boot1b boot2v3
BootMii installed to boot2 and nand backed up twice 1st after install of hbc and bootmii and then after installing dvdx

Untill i get usb hdd hopefully next week .
I wanna be able to play game cube/vc/ww/& Wii games off of the SD card if possible . What apps/launcher/loader do i need for this please ?

also whats the deal with preloader do i need it for running games off of sd and usb ? or do i need it at all ?
preloader is mainly for brick protection for those that can't install bootmii to boot2. It also allows you to install system menu hacks that can allow you to make the disc channel skip update checks, move the disc channel around, and other things like that. VC/Wiiware games can be played off of the SD card menu by simply updating to 4.0 at all, pirated VC/wiiware games require the IOS60 patch as stated in the guide. Gamecube games cannot be played off of any external device. The best you can do with that is be able to load gamecube backups after burning them to normal DVD's. The guide links to what you need in the backup loader section. You install the cMIOS that comes with and run them through that backup launcher. Running Wii games off an SD card would require a fairly large SD card as an average Wii game is about 2.5 GB at least. You're better off using an external hard drive and using any usb loader you want such as usb loader GX, beardface's coverfloader, or any other usb loader you prefer. This also requires the storage device that you use needs to be formatted to WBFS which can be done through the loader app itself from the Wii.

many thanks

InTheDeep

If you haven't installed any cIOS before on your Wii then you need to follow the offline guide at least up to step 10 (basically just to do steps 8-10 to install IOS35 and cios_fix.wad using IOS35. Skip steps 4-7 since you have bootmii already.) and then you can either continue with finishing the rest of it or start from step 6 of the online guide from that point if you have wifi.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the great guide. I started with a 3.4U virgin Wii, followed the offline guide and now have a 3.2U with HBC, Preloader .29 and Bootmii installed as IOS (no boot2 for me). I've followed the guide exactly apart from that I have also installed the 3 wads you need to get Madworld working. Everything works perfectly. When I did it, I was told FW 3.2 was the best to be on, but now that I read more here, I'm thinking that I would like to be able to play hacked wiiware and VC stuff off my SD card. I have a 16gb card just laying around so ....

I've tried to search for an exact guide on how to go from 3.2 to 4.0, and there seems to be quite a a few different ways. Some say to use Wani's 4.0 updater, some say just to install 3 wads. Whats the best way to do it? I found this in one of the threads here and it seems to be pretty simple. I'd like to do it offline as my connection is a little flaky right now.

1) Install BootMii and make a NAND backup
2) Install cIOS30rev10 and cMIOSrev3
3) Open HBC and start the WAD Installer
a) Install the CIOS60BF.wad
b) Install the System Menu v417 (for NTSC-U)
c) Install the IOS61 v4890
4) Party?!

Being that I've already got BootMii and cIOS30rev10 installed, all I would need to do is run a NAND backup then use Wad Manager 1.4 to install CIOS60BF.wad, System Menu v417.wad, and IOS61 v4890.wad all at once, and I would be good to go? Thanks in advance for any help.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Retrievil said:
Thanks for the great guide. I started with a 3.4U virgin Wii, followed the offline guide and now have a 3.2U with HBC, Preloader .29 and Bootmii installed as IOS (no boot2 for me). I've followed the guide exactly apart from that I have also installed the 3 wads you need to get Madworld working. Everything works perfectly. When I did it, I was told FW 3.2 was the best to be on, but now that I read more here, I'm thinking that I would like to be able to play hacked wiiware and VC stuff off my SD card. I have a 16gb card just laying around so ....

I've tried to search for an exact guide on how to go from 3.2 to 4.0, and there seems to be quite a a few different ways. Some say to use Wani's 4.0 updater, some say just to install 3 wads. Whats the best way to do it? I found this in one of the threads here and it seems to be pretty simple. I'd like to do it offline as my connection is a little flaky right now.

1) Install BootMii and make a NAND backup
2) Install cIOS30rev10 and cMIOSrev3
3) Open HBC and start the WAD Installer
a) Install the CIOS60BF.wad
b) Install the System Menu v417 (for NTSC-U)
c) Install the IOS61 v4890
4) Party?!

Being that I've already got BootMii and cIOS30rev10 installed, all I would need to do is run a NAND backup then use Wad Manager 1.4 to install CIOS60BF.wad, System Menu v417.wad, and IOS61 v4890.wad all at once, and I would be good to go? Thanks in advance for any help.

I would just follow the offline guide again putting 4.0 of your region as the desired menu in the prepare.bat app. Since you already have cIOS installed all you need to do is those first 3 steps from your computer to get all the wads you need and then do steps 12 and 13. If you don't already have a NAND backup do that first though. This way you can be sure you have all IOS's needed to be on 4.0. Also I think CIOS60BF is a trucha patched IOS60 meant for CIOSCORP and isn't really the actual one you would need to play wads from the SD card menu (would still most likely work, but you only need the patched version). I THINK the cIOS60.wad that you will get from the offline download pack is just the regularly patched IOS60, but I'm not positive on that. If you still can't load wads from the sd card menu after doing the offline guide then you could try just running the IOS60 patcher from the online guide, which isn't a very long process so as long as you have working internet at all it should be ok, but it should work as is without having to do that.

InTheDeep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Top man nabSTAR u are a gem
i owe u beers when this all works out
smile.gif

many thanks for all your fantastic help really appreciated indeed
smile.gif

Frankly if you can't follow these directions, you shouldn't be doing this kind of stuff to begin with. The best way to avoid bricking yourself is by having some knowledge of what you're actually doing to your system,I fear you could be right nabster . but damn it i aint givin up yet .
I wanted to do online install to get a better understanding of what im doing and how it all works .

If you haven't installed any cIOS before on your Wii then you need to follow the offline guide at least up to step 10 (basically just to do steps 8-10 to install IOS35 and cios_fix.wad using IOS35. Skip steps 4-7 since you have bootmii already.) and then you can either continue with finishing the rest of it or start from step 6 of the online guide from that point if you have wifi.
i now have all files needed and feel i can start at step 6
What cIOS you install first doesn't matter.
So it's ok to swap
cIOS36_rev10-Installer
for
cIOS38_rev13-Installer ?
and start step 6 using cIOS38_rev13-Installer ?
once this is cleared up its systems go for upgrade/downgrade

kudos and thanks
assassda
i may have moaned but ive stuck with it cause i believe its a goodun
and with help i may even get there

many thanks

InTheDeep

ps sorry if my last post sounded assy its more my frustration with meself being such an div
pps maybe suggest a few changes to assassda and u may get some more play time back

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
InTheDeep said:
smile.gif

smile.gif

nabster92 said:
Frankly if you can't follow these directions, you shouldn't be doing this kind of stuff to begin with. The best way to avoid bricking yourself is by having some knowledge of what you're actually doing to your system,I fear you could be right nabster . but damn it i aint givin up yet .
I wanted to do online install to get a better understanding of what im doing and how it all works .

As I said you may not be able to do the online guide off the bat, the cIOS installer will just give you an error and not install if you don't have a vulnerable IOS for it to use to install it. If you haven't installed that vulnerable IOS16 or the vulnerable IOS35 then you need to do either of those first, and then run the cIOS rev13 installer and tell it to use whichever one you installed.

i now have all files needed and feel i can start at step 6
What cIOS you install first doesn't matter.
So it's ok to swap
cIOS36_rev10-Installer
for
cIOS38_rev13-Installer ?
and start step 6 using cIOS38_rev13-Installer ?
once this is cleared up its systems go for upgrade/downgrade

Yes you can swap them, it's just a matter of which revision you prefer, they can also be installed over at any time by just running the installer you want at that time, but you still need a vulnerable IOS installed first as said above. Everything basically revolves around getting a cIOS installed, once you get it installed you're basically home free with running whatever you need from IOS249. There are multiple ways to achieve this however.

1.) If you're below FW 4.0 then you can still install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and then use wad manager 1.4 and select IOS16 and install cios_fix.wad. This is basically just a simple form/old revision of cIOS that is installed to IOS249 in the form a wad so that you can run any other cIOS installer using IOS249 to install it from that point. Any cIOS in wad form can replace cios_fix.wad such as ciosv7.wad or something. With recent cIOS installers however such as rev12 and rev13 I believe Waninkoko provided an option to choose what IOS to use. Generally you would just use IOS249 to update your existing cIOS revision (or if you installed cios_fix.wad) but by giving this option cios_fix.wad is not needed and you can just select that IOS16 that you installed for the installer to use directly. So basically you just install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and then run the rev13 installer and select IOS16 to use.

2.) This option will work with any FW as long as it is not an LU64 type Wii (generally Wii's bought in 2009 with a boot2v4) In this method (which is provided in the offline guide) you downgrade IOS35 using that cmdvdx35 app and then install a vulnerable IOS35 because on FW 4.0 there is a stub IOS16 that prevents installing that so you need to downgrade IOS35 first to allow you to install the vulnerable one. This is basically just to accomplish the same thing as installing IOS16 but in a way that is possible on 4.0. Once you install IOS35 the rest is the same as method 1 where you either install cios_fix.wad using IOS35 in wad manager 1.4 or just run cIOS rev13 installer and select IOS35 to install.

3.) This option works on any Wii including LU64 type Wii's as it does not involve installing any downgraded IOS's on your system. It involves using bootmii installed as an IOS and then something called cboot2 which will basically make your Wii boot a custom wad manager using an IOS that is on your SD card when you boot up the IOS bootmii through the HBC. With this you can install the cios_fix.wad or the LU64.wad (which is basically just cIOS rev11 I believe) and then you can update your cIOS normally from an installer at that point.

4.) I believe WiiPower (sorry if I put the wrong name here) made some app called Trucha Bug Restorer or something along those lines that is another method to get cIOS installed, but it's still kinda in beta I suppose. Not too sure how this method exactly works, but I don't doubt it works well.

kudos and thanks
assassda

many thanks

InTheDeep

ps sorry if my last post sounded assy its more my frustration with meself being such an div
pps maybe suggest a few changes to assassda and u may get some more play time back

Bolded and italics = new info I posted.

Venom_Tag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a couple of questions from a noob:
1. After installing the 4.0 using this guide will my programs and stuff from before the update to 4.0 still be on my wii ?
2. Will motionplus work with this or is there an update inorder to use motionplus ?
3. Is there anything that I should uninstall from my wii ?

InTheDeep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smile.gif

smile.gif

As I said you may not be able to do the online guide off the bat, the cIOS installer will just give you an error and not install if you don't have a vulnerable IOS for it to use to install it. If you haven't installed that vulnerable IOS16 or the vulnerable IOS35 then you need to do either of those first, and then run the cIOS rev13 installer and tell it to use whichever one you installed.

yep wifi sorted
cant believe after all ths time i cant just do the online install lol gutted ,
ok so looks like its steps 8-10 of the offline
then onto step 6 of online
swapping cIOS36_rev10-Installer for cIOS38_rev13-Installer

nabster92
massive thanks
you have helped me understand more in your posts than weeks of me reading .
so a massive BIGUP to you for your time and excellent explanations kudos well deserved

assassda
kudos and thanks

many thanks

InTheDeep

Nada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
assassda said:
8) Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader even if you are already on 3.2 run this

11) It is highly recommended that you install preloader to prevent bricks. On the install screen press 1

These 2 points are not clear to me and I would be happy if someone could explain.
-Why does on need to downgrade to 3.2 if one already is on 3.2? (I'm currently on 3.2E)
-I haven't really messed or researched preloader much, but why is it needed to prevent bricks - I've researched BootMii and as far as I can gather, that is BootMii's job (usless you draw a line between preventing and recovering from bricks of course).

Thanks for any replies!

Reiniku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on what I believe is the a wii with 3.3u installed but with the Oct 23rd fix since I'm able to load VC Wads and the like. How should I go about following this guide if I wanted to retain the ability to install VC and WiiWare Wads?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Retrievil said:
yeah just run prepare.bat and install IOS60 IOS61 and SystemMenu417
without bootmii boot2 theres a very small chance of bricking when you install these WADs so just install preloader before and then again after you install WADs

Venom_Tag said:
Just a couple of questions from a noob:
1. After installing the 4.0 using this guide will my programs and stuff from before the update to 4.0 still be on my wii ?
2. Will motionplus work with this or is there an update inorder to use motionplus ?
3. Is there anything that I should uninstall from my wii ?
1.the apps are on your SD card, so backup your apps folder before formatting it
2.works fine
3.no read the FAQ

Nada said:
These 2 points are not clear to me and I would be happy if someone could explain.
-Why does on need to downgrade to 3.2 if one already is on 3.2? (I'm currently on 3.2E)
-I haven't really messed or researched preloader much, but why is it needed to prevent bricks
-trying to be safe
-if you corrupt your system menu then you need preloader or boot2 bootmii

QUOTE(Reiniku @ Jul 3 2009, 04:26 PM)
I'm currently on what I believe is the a wii with 3.3u installed but with the Oct 23rd fix since I'm able to load VC Wads and the like. How should I go about following this guide if I wanted to retain the ability to install VC and WiiWare Wads?
Check Wii Settings it should say in the corner of the screen what version you have
Running either version of the guide retains VC and WW

Venom_Tag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks assassda
biggrin.gif

Edit: 2) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol
When I do this step no dialog box comes up asking to load boot.dol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up