Not open for further replies.

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Since my Wii has a wiikey installed, can I manually upgrade it from 3.2 to 4.0 through this guide and still launch my Wii dvds through the disc channel? Can I still play them just by applying regionfrii + brick blocker, as I used to do so far?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiihacker3000 said:
1) i installed preloader and finished now im playing backup launcher, i have 4 burned games, mario kart , carnival games, wii play , and mario and sonic at the olympics. mario kart and carnival games workv perfectly but wii play and mario and sonic at the olympics give me black screen when i save or i am about to play the game.
is it a glitch? or a bad copy? or bad source?

2) i would like to install cioscorp but i cant do cioscorp wad from softmii package because i have preloader and bootmii boot2 both installed.
so is there another way of getting the wads?
1) I cant give support on specific problems sorry, try Gamma Loader with different settings or use usb loader
2) All you need from the softmii package is the cioscorp WAD files, and all you need to do is install them using WAD Manager

QUOTE(Speed Freak @ May 26 2009, 01:13 PM) Since my Wii has a wiikey installed, can I manually upgrade it from 3.2 to 4.0 through this guide and still launch my Wii dvds through the disc channel? Can I still play them just by applying regionfrii + brick blocker, as I used to do so far?
You can use this guide with a modchip and wont have any problems. you can still play them using regionfrii and brick blocker without using preloader settings if youd like.

locke06037

Trophies
XP
Country
This is one very detailed guide. Thanks for this!
grog.gif

I have one problem though after following the offline upgrade, I can't seem to boot my backup games from wiigator's or gecko os.

I read through and thinking on installing cioscorps. Is this needed or are there any fix for this?

edit: installed cioscorp wads and ios60 from the first page guide and still when i load backup games with wiigator loader gamma, it says there is no dvd in the drive and dumps err message when pressed B.

When i try to run directly in disc channel it got an error
Code:
Error #001
unauthorized device has been detected.

Gecko OS loads it fine.

ModderFokker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
5) Run the IOS60 updater
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel

Damn....i think i accidently also installed IOS61 and also didnt patch IOS61

Whats the best thing to do now...(or wont it matter that much ?)

Or should i flash my nand again and start all over ?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, on step two first I was getting error ret = -116, but after doing some research I tried again with a new connection and security turned off on my wi-fi and got past that. When I get to "If you agree press A, press B to restart your Wii" I press A and it immediately goes to "Restarting Wii, press any button" Is that right? it just doesn't actually look like it's done anything and I'm not sure if I should go on to the next step. It's possible I've already downgraded my IOS files before, I've run so many things on this system I've lost track of them all.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sallama said:
patched to 4.0 system menu of the device how korean wii update?

please check before you do this, but I heard installing the patched IOS60 wad and the ciosrev10 files, then updating through nintendo's servers works. if you hear if this method works or not, please let us know! the same goes for jap wii's.

sallama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bubbleboy said:
please check before you do this, but I heard installing the patched IOS60 wad and the ciosrev10 files, then updating through nintendo's servers works. if you hear if this method works or not, please let us know! the same goes for jap wii's.

already installed cIOS36rev10
I'm using to update winankoko.. Everything is successful in IOS60, IOS61, etc.
In the final stage of error -1 is error loading system menu 4.0U

Looks that way when I look at my settings AnyRegion
CODEConsole Area Settings : USA
Game Region Setting: USA
Console Video Mode : NTSC
Country Code : 1=JPN 49=USA 110=UK
Shop Country Code : 48
System Menu Region : USA

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oliverbomb said:
I'm on 3.1, do I still need to downgrade to 3.2... with the cIOS downgrader 1.2?
dont skip any steps

ModderFokker said:
Damn....i think i accidently also installed IOS61 and also didnt patch IOS61

Whats the best thing to do now...(or wont it matter that much ?)

Or should i flash my nand again and start all over ?
Waninkokos updater already installed IOS61 but installing IOS61 isnt a big deal, everything should still work.

QUOTE(BlueStar @ May 28 2009, 08:38 AM)
OK, on step two first I was getting error ret = -116, but after doing some research I tried again with a new connection and security turned off on my wi-fi and got past that. When I get to "If you agree press A, press B to restart your Wii" I press A and it immediately goes to "Restarting Wii, press any button" Is that right? it just doesn't actually look like it's done anything and I'm not sure if I should go on to the next step. It's possible I've already downgraded my IOS files before, I've run so many things on this system I've lost track of them all.
If IOS-Downgrader doesnt do anything then you already have the correct versions you can continue

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
i get a Big Black Screen with alot of numbers when i go on wad maneger too long installing wads, i cant stay in wad maneger more then 60 seconds before i get the big black screen of death! and i have to hold the power button just to turn it off!!!

i cant install wiiware games because they take way too long in wad maneger

K

Kurisuellegarden

Does anyone need the files all ready in the right order in a zip package that just needs to be unzipped onto your SD card? o-o

I'm just wondering...I have them all set up according to order on mine. xD

I can just zip it up and upload it.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kurisuellegarden said:
Does anyone need the files all ready in the right order in a zip package that just needs to be unzipped onto your SD card? o-o

I'm just wondering...I have them all set up according to order on mine. xD

I can just zip it up and upload it.
do you mean the online package? that would be a good idea. but dont include any IOS or cIOS files, those are illegal to distribute

just uploaded the online package in one zip for you

tottoritoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble with my EA Sports Active backup. I followed the guide to the letter, and all of my older originals and backups, both from the systems native US region and import Japan region, worked fine from the disc channel.

I've tried two different releases, both marked US NTSC. The disc channel recognizes the game, but when I start it, it tells me that there's an error and that I need to eject the disc and restart the system. I burned both discs on quality media at low speeds.

The game does appear to load from Gamma, but I'm a stickler for getting it to work from the disc channel. What could be the matter?

marioxb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the offline method of upgrading to 4.0. Everything works great, except the shop channel. When I try to use it, it tells me that I need to upgrade my Wii. I'm already on 4.0, so is there a way around this, while keeping the ability to use Any Region Changer, etc?

Nevermind, I got it to work by upgrading the official way. Only problem then was Any Region Changer and some other programs were broken. I fixed that by downgrading to 3.2u again, then following the steps of the offline upgrade (I want to make sure I can use this on friend's Wiis as well, without an internet connection) again.

I am attempting to dump my filesystem now and create a WAD of the new shop channel.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tottoritoro said:
I'm having trouble with my EA Sports Active backup. I followed the guide to the letter, and all of my older originals and backups, both from the systems native US region and import Japan region, worked fine from the disc channel.

I've tried two different releases, both marked US NTSC. The disc channel recognizes the game, but when I start it, it tells me that there's an error and that I need to eject the disc and restart the system. I burned both discs on quality media at low speeds.

The game does appear to load from Gamma, but I'm a stickler for getting it to work from the disc channel. What could be the matter?
try scrubbing the release and using backup-creator. sorry i cant help much on this problem

QUOTE(marioxb @ May 30 2009, 11:23 AM) I used the offline method of upgrading to 4.0. Everything works great, except the shop channel. When I try to use it, it tells me that I need to upgrade my Wii. I'm already on 4.0, so is there a way around this, while keeping the ability to use Any Region Changer, etc?

Nevermind, I got it to work by upgrading the official way. Only problem then was Any Region Changer and some other programs were broken. I fixed that by downgrading to 3.2u again, then following the steps of the offline upgrade (I want to make sure I can use this on friend's Wiis as well, without an internet connection) again.

I am attempting to dump my filesystem now and create a WAD of the new shop channel.
i think its safe to update only the shop channel from nintendo

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone PLEASE help. I have tried upgrading 4 times, and everything works fine without fail, but EVERY TIME I try to click the SD menu it freezes. Is there any step that I might have missed that would help with this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol