2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
assassda or wii ninja

This is gana sound noobish but.... can some one provide me a link on where t get IOS30 from? because im affraid to get wrong version (Plus I cant find it)so please spell out full name of IOS30 that i should get. btw is it
IOS30-64-v1040? oh and i cant find the link to the page of a site for it or the ios30 itselfso by any chance could some 1 post it for me and write instruction how to install it, i dont want to mess up.

Edit: im surching on wiibrew for it but.... no luck i never used wiibrew before lol....

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yoshimashin said:
I am having a problem when I try to patch the IOS60 file. I say no then yes twice, and when it goes to download the files it gives me an error saying something about an HTTP protocol error. I am using a wireless connection and every other app that needed internet access worked fine.

This is pissing me off to no end.
try clearing your settings and re setting them. also remove any gamecube cards/controllers

Chibicon said:
I'm running on a 3.2U that was downgraded from a 3.4U.

My Wii already has the following:
Homebrew Channel 1.0.2
Preloader 0.28 (with some hacks enabled)
Bootmii installed on the boot (backup nand stored on laptop)
cIOSCORP
mIOS patched

It can run my originals & backups and install/uninstall wads with no problem. I'd like to not lose any of the functionality that my Wii already possesses. I'd just like to make sure that installing to 4.0U won't disable anything that I currently use. I'd just stick to 3.2U, but I want to update my channels and the SD Card Menu seems useful.

I would also like to ask if I should following the guide step by step seeing as I already have preloader, cIOSCORP, and the mIOS is patched from the SoftMii package or will some of the steps be redundant. Better safe than sorry I suppose.
dont skip any steps you must update and then reinstall cioscorp/mios read the FAQ

Gazoinks said:
BillandAlisha said:
I hate to be a noob, but I am stuck on step 3. When I ran the prepare file it made both SD1 and SD2 folders.

In SD1 it has the folder"private" and boot.dol
In SD2 it has the folder"Apps" "Wad" boot.dol, hacks IOS36-64-v1042.wad

Do I just go ahead and copy both folders onto my SD?
I have the same problem, what do I do here? I downloaded the pack that it gives you at the start of the tutorial. I'm guessing SD1 is if you don't have the HBC channel, is that right?
download the new version with only one folder

QUOTE(2yugimoto @ May 20 2009, 11:54 AM)
assassda or wii ninja

This is gana sound noobish but.... can some one provide me a link on where t get IOS30 from? because im affraid to get wrong version (Plus I cant find it)so please spell out full name of IOS30 that i should get. btw is it
IOS30-64-v1040? oh and i cant find the link to the page of a site for it or the ios30 itselfso by any chance could some 1 post it for me and write instruction how to install it, i dont want to mess up.

Edit: im surching on wiibrew for it but.... no luck i never used wiibrew before lol....
just run prepare.bat...

loufe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 4.0
I would like to run backups and install the WADS for those backup channels

Help? I'm not completely useless but nobody seems to want to POINT IT OUT because this guide has almost nothing to do with downgrading

Thanks.

Flare7642

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
Gazoinks said:
BillandAlisha said:
I hate to be a noob, but I am stuck on step 3. When I ran the prepare file it made both SD1 and SD2 folders.

In SD1 it has the folder"private" and boot.dol
In SD2 it has the folder"Apps" "Wad" boot.dol, hacks IOS36-64-v1042.wad

Do I just go ahead and copy both folders onto my SD?
I have the same problem, what do I do here? I downloaded the pack that it gives you at the start of the tutorial. I'm guessing SD1 is if you don't have the HBC channel, is that right?
download the new version with only one folder

I just tested it myself, Assassda, the archived prepare.bat in your guide still creates two folders: SD1 and SD2.

SD1 seems to contain bannerbomb and the boot.dol for CMDVDX35, while SD2 contains all of the needed files (including another CMDVDX35) and a boot.dol for Wad Manager 1.4.

The solution to those without HBC would be to to run the contents of SD1 with bannerbomb first, and the then replace it with SD2. To all others, SD1 can be skipped altogether.

jonjosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if you have system Menu 3.1 and want to do this?

I can't upgrade to 4.0 because I don't have any wifi.

Please help.
biggrin.gif

Flare7642

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide has two methods, online and offline. If you don't have Wifi, that would mean you're limited to the offline.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following the ONLINE guide, I've gotten everything working except VC/Wiiware SD loading from 4.0, but that's because I forgot to run the IOS60 updater.
Now the issue, I no longer have access to WiFi on my Wii, and all I need is that patched IOS60 to get my install completed - I don't want cIOSCorp.

My question is, would installing this file IOS60BF.wad give me the VC/Wiiware loading on the 4.0 SD card menu?
Otherwise what other offline way can I get an updated IOS60 that's patched -- without installing cIOSCorp?

EDIT: Nevermind, downloaded from NUS and freethebug'd the WAD.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2yugimoto said:
after i install ios 30 should i restart? and then system menue 289.wad and restart? and is ios30 a wad in wad maneger or a homebrew application?
nope just install ios30.wad then install systemmenu289.wad

loufe said:
I would like to run backups and install the WADS for those backup channels
Help? I'm not completely useless but nobody seems to want to POINT IT OUT because this guide has almost nothing to do with downgrading
This guide is for getting 4.0 working or to get away from 4.0. just follow the entire guide or read another thread

QUOTE(Flare7642 @ May 20 2009, 06:43 PM)
I just tested it myself, Assassda, the archived prepare.bat in your guide still creates two folders: SD1 and SD2.
The solution to those without HBC would be to to run the contents of SD1 with bannerbomb first, and the then replace it with SD2. To all others, SD1 can be skipped altogether.
apologies, fixed now. but basically the older release with sd1 and sd2 you just used them one at a time because bannerbomb only loads one dol but i added loadmii to the new version of the pack

Kerdex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: NEVERMIND THE PROBLEM WORKED ITSELF OUT!

I'm a having a problem with the OFFLINE version of the guide.

I'm attempting to downgrade from 4.0U(upgraded) to 3.2U, but when I get to this step:
9) If you do not have cIOS installed yet Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 choose IOS35 and install cios_fix.wad then restart

My Wii goes to a black screen and my Wii remote turns off when I try to run WAD-Manager_v4.0.(since I'm lazy I just use it to do all he restarting.
tongue.gif
) So I assume that it is already installed and I skip to the next step:
10) Run cIOS36_rev10-Installer and choose WAD Installation

My belief is that the problem is caused by installing IOS35-64-v1040.wad, while it could just be that I'm not waiting long enough for the app to load which doesn't make sense because it loaded instantly the first time.

All help is much appreciated, and I'm sorry my first thread had to be one asking for help. Please understand that this IS a complicated process.
tongue.gif

Thanks in advance, GBAtemp.

-Kerdex

powser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already have cIOS installed on my 3.2U. I want to upgrade to 4.0U, keeping all IOS patched. Do I still need to follow Steps A-B for comex's ios35 patch? Since I already have cIOS, I do not need ios35 already, is that correct?

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
assassda

it dident work it keeps giving me a black screen with error stuff still.

What you think i should do?

Option 1. format wii and install the HBC and start from beguinning of the guide

or

Option 2. uninstall HBC and delete all hacks i have made using a program (if there is 1 please name it or give link)

or

Option 3. (you give me an option)

btw what is Shared2Clean?

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Im on 3.2E atm and am using StarFall, do i need to set all the options within StarFall back to default before doing the steps in this guide, or doesnt it matter??

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
ive updated to 4.0 now but becoz HDC v.102 doesnt support SDHC, i wnt to downgrade HBC back to 1.01. Can i do this by just running the 1.01 installer again, or how do i uninstall 1.02 1st?

The Bishop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the .dol files from all the steps minus the one that appeared to have its own set path for the apps directory are those to stay on the root of the SD Card? If so does the Homebrew channel do all of the installs for steps 1 and beyond?

powser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody installed 4.0U using this guide from a 3.2U Korean / Japanese wii modded with Anyregion changer? Did it work?

tottoritoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've followed all of the instructions, and it looks like I've upgraded to 4.0 with the ability to play backups. However, what I really want is to be able to play retail import Wii games.

I used to have that functionality with 3.2, but now it's gone.

Is there anything I can do to get the ability to play import retail games back? (4.0U wanting to play Japanese games).

Thanks for the guide!

The Bishop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got this running now question is tho i did the IOS downgrader (step 2) and i saw nothing patch all it did was pop-up hit any button to restart your Wii has it done anything?

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
i have a 4.0U wii and i have installed and i have a HBC from long ago and ive installed this from the offline guide

A) Run CMDVDX35 and choose Downgrade IOS35. It might say network error just ignore it and choose Exit

B) Run WAD Manager choose IOS35 and install IOS35-64-v1040.wad then restart

----------------------------------------

9) If you do not have cIOS installed yet Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 choose IOS35 and install cios_fix.wad then restart

10) Run cIOS36_rev10-Installer and choose WAD Installation

11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night