Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
assassda said:
Macky: This is an internet issue. Ive had this problem please trust me. look into buying an ethernet adapter or try moving the wii to a different location before posting again

Well it doesnt happen when I use the other channels or other homebrew programs, its only this one thing that doesn't work, the Wii is less than 30cm away from my AP. Im not going to fork out $50 just for an Ethernet adapter that might not fix the problem...

seejay01462

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Assassda. I just wanted to say thanks a lot for the guide. Everything is working perfectly
smile.gif

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I just noticed one problem. I'm not 100% what is causing it but this is whats happening:
WHen I Boot up wii the wii discs load just fine. However, whenever I go into the homebrew channel then exit out of it... when wii reboots the disc says 'this disc cannot be read'
I turn off the wii and turn it back on the disc reads just fine.
If I go into a game and then exit out of it the disc still reads fine.
It's only if I go into homebrew channel, then come back out without completely turning the power off then on again that it messes up. It does it for every game every single time.

I'm not sure if this was happening before I did this tutorial but I didnt notice it if it was. I think something went wrong and thats why theres the little bug.
Anyone else experience this and does anyone know how I can fix it?

To fix my problem, should I try to reinstall The Homebrew channel... or System menu 4.0?
If I do reinstall them am I going to need to do some of the steps from this guide all over again? or should it be ok still.

Last thing, if I'm going to be installing 4.0 over again is it better to install Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater or can I install 4.0 system wad?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why did u add this to the guide

1) Run NUSD with the title "0000000100000024" and v"1042" check "Pack WAD" and hit "Start NUS Download"

http://wiibrew.org/w/images/6/6d/NUSD_v1.zip

2) Rename "0000000100000024.wad" to "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" and put it on your SD card X:/IOS36-64-v1042.wad

are these 2 steps still important for me to do because i already am able to do what i need to for a 4.0 wii.

i already got a 4.0 wii from your other guide before you edited with those steps.i have to say i got bricked twice from that guide before you added these steps maybe because i installed preloader after the firmware update then this the ios60 again this it really installed because i had my gc controllers unplunged again and this time i didn't forget to take out my memory cards.the ios60 install was my first brick but at least i had preloader installed at that time.then of coarse the CIOS60BF.wad bricked me i knew which i expected because your guide says that.my bricks all happened yesterday because that is when i decided to reinstall ios60 and cioscrop.don't know why i wanted to get ios60 installed but i i guess because i wanted to go into the shop channel again because i guess that is what it was for.

anyway thanks for the guide it helped.i'm able to do everything a 4.0 wii can do for about a week now and that was before i installed ios60.also i kind of liked getting bricked because i never got bricked before and i always wanted to unbrick myself.

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
okay didnt get far stuck on first step install cios36 rev9 it just gives me error and resets the wii not sure if i have it in the right place my sd card loos like apps/cios36rev9/boot.dol...
and i put the wad i downloaded in step 1 in a seperate wads folder...

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
having serious issues with the upgrader 4.0 keeps giving me error half way through can i just update through nintendo and then carry on the other steps or not recommended,,,

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThaDraGun said:
I just noticed one problem. I'm not 100% what is causing it but this is whats happening:
this happens to me frequently. just turn the wii off and on again

seejay01462 said:
Assassda. I just wanted to say thanks a lot for the guide. Everything is working perfectly
smile.gif

You're Welcome!

QUOTE(fst312 @ Apr 11 2009, 08:10 PM)
why did u add this to the guide
if youve done the old guide youre fine im not adding content. just making it easier

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the triple post, but please give me an answer...these guys are giving replies waay to quick and these threads are quicky moving to the next pages and are close to getting quickly "ignored"

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
followed the guide step be step went ok but now when i go to boot wad manager it tells me its not a valid wii app waninkos update 4.0 wasnt working after all day trying so i ended up getting the update from nintendo is this why i still followed all other steps...

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
also, all the files that you supplied us from the link, we have to rename all the DOLs to "boot.dol" right?
yes, read the FAQ!

QUOTE(mickthestud @ Apr 12 2009, 04:10 AM) followed the guide step be step went ok but now when i go to boot wad manager it tells me its not a valid wii app waninkos update 4.0 wasnt working after all day trying so i ended up getting the update from nintendo is this why i still followed all other steps...
format your sd card and put it on again in X:/apps/firmware-updater/boot.dol

madmartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I went through the entire thing step by step and everything worked without errors.. but I still have 3.2 on my Wii?

Anyone have an idea where I screwed up and what step I should do over?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
madmartigan said:
Okay I went through the entire thing step by step and everything worked without errors.. but I still have 3.2 on my Wii?

Anyone have an idea where I screwed up and what step I should do over?
Im guessing the updater part
rolleyes.gif

start again from the top and make sure you keep an eye on it because if the internet connection fails it may just quit and restart so run it a few times untill it says completed 100%

forumguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda - thanks for the guide. I read everything many times and did the research. I was on 3.2U and now on 4.0U Everything worked great. I appreciate the instructions.
Only 2 areas I need to figure out now....
USB microphone that was working before that isn't now is my older USB microphone. I read of a patch somewhere, so I'm off to find that.
The other area that I have questions on is I have only 1 hack in the preloader (disk update check). I added the hacks.ini to the root of the SD, but it says it can't find it... I've read the instructions many times and downloaded it again... I guess I'll keep looking for more direction on this.

Lastly, is it safe to update the Nintendo Channel?

drstupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forumguy said:
The other area that I have questions on is I have only 1 hack in the preloader (disk update check). I added the hacks.ini to the root of the SD, but it says it can't find it... I've read the instructions many times and downloaded it again... I guess I'll keep looking for more direction on this.
Try the hacks at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks (if you are on a US or Eur Wii at least) - US worked for me. Other 4.0U hacks I found came up empty in Preloader but the wiibrew.org list worked.

forumguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drstupid said:
forumguy said:
Try the hacks at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks (if you are on a US or Eur Wii at least) - US worked for me. Other 4.0U hacks I found came up empty in Preloader but the wiibrew.org list worked.

Thanks drstupid, that worked. 1 down!

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for this guide and all the needed links. It worked perfectly. : )

Thank you very much.

mellowman78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already hacked my 3.4 Wii with the Twilight Hack and installed the HB Channel several months ago.
Last week I upgraded to 4.0 by using the builtin Systemupdate function from the Wii-menu.

I am currently running "official" (?) 4.0 and HB Channel works well, also installing WiiWare/WAD works without problems.

Is there any possibility to update from regular 4.0 to the 4.0 version from Waninkoko?

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying