Not open for further replies.

wiiguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
wiiguy said:
OK, two questions. Why are these steps needed? All you do is put it in the sd card, and dont run it or anything?
step 3 uses the WAD

QUOTEWhy is this step last? If I wanted to prevent bricks, why wasn't this the first step? [/b]
you can install it earlier but you will need to reinstall it after updating again and there is nothing risky in the previous steps

Step 3 uses cIOS36 Rev10, not IOS36-64-v1042, right? I was under the impression these were 2 different .wads.

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, the mediafire link for the cIOS36 rev 10 errored on me, is the link broke is just being tempremental for me here?

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so could someone please tell me what to do after entering preloader? as im not too familiar with the options of installing it the correct way to have it prevent bricks

happyxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i installed CiosCorp wads and installed the CIOS60BF.wad but still cant load backups from the disc channel. any help?

chuudra

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry if it's already been asked before but each time I try to boot the cIOS-Dowgrader_v1.2 it doesn't boot and just resets my wii. I've already used the cIOS36_rev10-Installer to install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad file... not sure what to do now, any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: My system is 3.4E btw

Wiindel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK guys hope that I get some help.
Updated ios36 rev08 to rev 10.
Works still fine.
Now the problem is at the cios downgrader 1.2.
I think it stucks when it tries to initialize to the network.
It tried it 10 times but sometimes it gets dumped and then it stucks again.

I tested my Internet connection but it works fine, because i updated the homebrew browser on my SD Card minutes later that day and
downloaded Gecko OS 1.8 on my SD Card too.
But it still stucks at the cios downgrader network initializing.

Anyone got an idea?

wiiguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the purpose of IOS36-64-v1042.wad? I never says to install it. In step 3, it says to install cIOS36 rev10 in "wad install mode" but it is not a .wad.
At what point do I install IOS36-64-v1042.wad?
I assume IOS36-64-v1042.wad and cios36 rev10 (downloaded on step 3) are 2 different files.
Futhermore, why would I put IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root of the SD? I though .wads had to be in the .wad folder?

Which brings me to my final question. Are those files the same thing? Do I just use the one I am familiar with running? Either the .wad or the .dol?

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
i am having serious issues getting peloader to install it keeps giving me that trucha signing error but doing some reading it says to install that wad through wad manager but i was under the impression i already insatalled that wad in step three how do you install it a second time through wad manager i have place the wad in the root of my sd card...

ttabbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiguy said:
What is the purpose of IOS36-64-v1042.wad? I never says to install it. In step 3, it says to install cIOS36 rev10 in "wad install mode" but it is not a .wad.
I assume IOS36-64-v1042.wad and cios36 rev10 (downloaded on step 3) are 2 different files.
Futhermore, why would I put IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root of the SD? I though .wads had to be in the .wad folder?

Which brings me to my final question. Are those files the same thing? Do I just use the one I am familiar with running? Either the .wad or the .dol?

You don't install it. The cIOS installer uses the data in it to install itself. You can get the same stuff from the network install, but some people were having trouble getting the data to download from the Wii, so the guide maker included the ability to do it from a PC. The WAD is in the root dir because that's where the cIOS installer looks for it.

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wiiguy said:

IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root of the SD is used by cIOS36_rev10-Installer.dol to install the IOS249 (the cIOS).
I think some parts of the .WAD were used and than patched and than installed onto the Wii.
DO NOT INSTALL THE WAD WITH THE WAD MANAGER !!
lecture.gif

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
the tut didnt work for so i updated with nintendo update.

6) Run the IOS60 updater
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel

when I pressed a to confirm patch it went to istall shop channel, i think i had pressed it twice. so it was updating 2/18 and I switched off my console.

So far im on v4.0E hbc works and homebrew.........

wiiguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supagusti said:
wiiguy said:

IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root of the SD is used by cIOS36_rev10-Installer.dol to install the IOS249 (the cIOS).
I think some parts of the .WAD were used and than patched and than installed onto the Wii.
lecture.gif
Thanks, finally a good answer!

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mickthestud said:
i am having serious issues getting peloader to install it keeps giving me that trucha signing error but doing some reading it says to install that wad through wad manager but i was under the impression i already insatalled that wad in step three how do you install it a second time through wad manager i have place the wad in the root of my sd card...
cIOS installer uses the WAD to make a cIOS and install it
installing the WAD beforehand using wad manager may fix IOS36 bugs when installing preloader and is not dangerous

chuudra said:
Oh never mind, it seems like i didn't have October 23rd fix. xP
mind explaining the solution for other people with the same problem?

supagusti said:
lecture.gif
while this explanation is correct there should not be any danger to install the wad using wad manager. doing so fixes some preloader install errors (when an updated IOS36 has been installed)

QUOTE(SanzioSan @ Apr 17 2009, 05:14 PM)
so theres no way to load pirated wads from the sd card menu?
this guide does allow for running illegitimate WADs from the sd card menu as explained in the guide

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiguy said:
assassda said:
wiiguy said:
OK, two questions. Why are these steps needed? All you do is put it in the sd card, and dont run it or anything?
step 3 uses the WAD

QUOTEWhy is this step last? If I wanted to prevent bricks, why wasn't this the first step? [/b]
you can install it earlier but you will need to reinstall it after updating again and there is nothing risky in the previous steps

Step 3 uses cIOS36 Rev10, not IOS36-64-v1042, right? I was under the impression these were 2 different .wads.

Ok don't know everything but I know this, the IOS36-64-1042.wad is the original Trucha Wad. The cios36 rev8-10 dols require the original IOS36-64-1042.was. It patches this and installs the patched version. Rev 5,6 and 7 were not dols they were originally wad files. So keep a backup of the IOS36-1042.wad you will need it in the future for revisions. Also if you decide to install Startpatch or Preloader you may need to install the IOS36-64-1042.wad and then install the preloader or startpatch. Once you are done then reinstall Wanni's updated rev 10 or 9.

Now I find it interesting that the directions to installing the system menu 4 is requiring down grading. I have updated quite a few Wii's and have found that after installing everything pre sm4, verify that the back loader works, then installing ios60 Free the bug.wad, and then run Wanni's System Menu 4 update have worked without any problems.

Anyhow, good luck,

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
so how dou you install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad with wad manager when that wad has to be in the root of your sd card and not in the folder with the other wads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.