Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterHand300

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Help When I Turn On The Wii Preloader Comes Up But when i press a the wii remote is not lighting up and it stays like that help
unsure.gif

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MasterHand300 said:
Is There Anyway I Can Uninstall Preloader 029
Help When I Turn On The Wii Preloader Comes Up But when i press a the wii remote is not lighting up and it stays like that help
unsure.gif

First of all. Read the forum rules. Dont double post, and wait for a response.

Your first question is answered in the FAQ so READ THE POST FIRST

Make sure your wiimotes are synced properly and make sure they are charged. Turn the wii off and on again. you can also navigate the menus with a GC controller

MasterHand300

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
assassda said:
MasterHand300 said:
Is There Anyway I Can Uninstall Preloader 029
unsure.gif

First of all. Read the forum rules. Dont double post, and wait for a response.

Your first question is answered in the FAQ so READ THE POST FIRST

Make sure your wiimotes are synced properly and make sure they are charged. Turn the wii off and on again. you can also navigate the menus with a GC controller

Thanks i Got It And Can You Send Me A PM With All The CIOSCORP WAds I Need To Install Plz

MustangGTR

Trophies
Website
burningbullets.forumotion.net
XP
Country
assassda said:
This is the ULTIMATE Tutorial for everything you need for System Menu 4.0

A step didnt work, can I go on?

Again, NO. Especially do not upgrade to 4.0 without installing cIOS or you can not install it!

So what to do if I am stupid and done it that way?
unsure.gif

I'm so stupid grrr...
hate2.gif

I was on 3.2E, then I installed HBC and though I HAVE TO upgrade on 4.0E. But now I recognized that It was the biggest fault ever
mad.gif

I think somewhere in this Thread you said that I have to wait for a new cIOS to come out. How long can this take?

Thanks,
MustangGTR

EDIT:Any is there any way to set the Wii back to the default system? Some Wii Fix or something? (Does this still work for 4.0E without cIOS? I found it somewhere here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945&st=0)

Dunphy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, I know it says "No to install the shop channel" but can I still access the store if I select NO? Just want to be able to download my games I erased again.

CrunchySock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunphy: the wii shop channel was already installed durring the 4.0 patching process... everything I have purchased still works (Turbographix games, Internet channel, and Rock Band 2 DLC)

CrunchySock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lexlth said:
CrunchySock said:
First off great guide and very straight forward

However I no longer have usb support for Rock Band instruments in RB2, and I wanted to know if anyone else had the same results?

Previously I used Mrkinator's Rock Band Launcher channel which installed a custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232(admittedly I am not sure I know what all of that means but figured I should add in case it might mean the difference in someone being able to help me)

I've tried running his patch after this one... but it fails, I am assuming due to the differences in the new IOS?

Really what I am after is simply to see if anyone else has succesfully used this patch and been able to still play Rock Band with the original instruments(ie: not the cheesy guitar that many others are using that uses a Wiimote, I am a drummer so that solves nothing for me)

If you installed IOS36 rev9, I think it does not support USB 1.1. My Konami Mics does not work anymore. Just reinstall IOS36 rev8 and they work again... hope it is the same problem to the others accessories....

Thanks a TON! booted up RB2 flawlessly

I ordered a IDE to USB 2.0 enclosure for one of my "spare" hard drives... I am curious to know if this will kill the ability to load from 2.0 disks.. will post my results as soon as I get everything hooked up

thagerty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please tell me if i am good to go with my system for 4.0

I have 3.1U Wiikey 1.9s
-have the newest Homebrew Channel installed as well as all the needed IOS ( 55,53,and 58) for USB Loader 1.1 (222,249,etc) which is working great for me! I can run Gater, backup, loader,etc...

Can i install no problem using this guide, or any special steps i need?

Will i be able to run all my Homebrew and custom USB Loader Channels all from SD Card? If so.. then how does that work??? Can i Also load games through the Disc Channels like normal????

Any help is appreciated!!!

Lucifarius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have been all over the thread and so far I haven't seen anything that can help me

I updated my wii to 4.0 through the Waninkoko updater. I thought I had installed a CIOS but I must have been mistaken because the CIOS downgrader does not work, it just restarts my wii when i try to run it. Is there anyway I can downgrade back to 3.2U with just Waninkoko 4.0 without a CIOS? Or is there some reason the CIOS downgrader just reboots my wii. (remember i though i already had a recent CIOS installed before this)

I saw someone mention Wadinstaller IOS16 should still work and I downloaded a copy of it but I'm not sure what I should do with it in regards to downgrading.

And finally if nothing I mentioned leaves any hope to still downgrade, would something like this http://savemii.net/ work as a fail-safe to downgrade no matter what I currently have or do not have installed on my wii?

Thanks in advance

Edit, I don't think Wadinstaller IOS16 still works, I just tried to install a VC game and I get error -2011

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thagerty said:
sounds good to go just read the guide you have everything in the requirements section

QUOTE(Lucifarius @ Apr 7 2009, 12:13 PM) anyway I can downgrade back to 3.2U with just Waninkoko 4.0 without a CIOS?
Edit, I don't think Wadinstaller IOS16 still works, I just tried to install a VC game and I get error -2011
no youre stuck on 4.0 until a new exploit comes out, be patient
4.0 blocks wad manager IOS16

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
assassda said:
thagerty said:
sounds good to go just read the guide you have everything in the requirements section

QUOTE(Lucifarius @ Apr 7 2009, 12:13 PM) anyway I can downgrade back to 3.2U with just Waninkoko 4.0 without a CIOS?
no youre stuck on 4.0 until a new exploit comes out, be patient
4.0 blocks wad manager IOS16
That's wrong
wink2.gif

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
assassda said:
1) Run NUSD with the title "0000000100000024" and v"1042" check "Pack WAD" and hit "Start NUS Download"

http://wiibrew.org/w/images/6/6d/NUSD_v1.zip

2) Rename "0000000100000024.wad" to "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" and put it on your SD card X:/IOS36-64-v1042.wad

you just added these steps and i had already used your guide what do these steps do and do i need to do them even though i have already followed your guide?

gimmeth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.0 hangs on "IOS60" >> Downloading content #06. It's been there for like half an hour. I'm scared to do anything. What's going on?

Macky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Umm im a bit confused. what file extension is "cIOS36 rev9" supposed to be? its a .dol right? do i just change it to boot.dol to use the HB channel?

EDIT: Got it going bit im having another problem with the 4.0 updater, I keep getting a -1 error...

CrunchySock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lubbo said:
assassda said:
1) Run NUSD with the title "0000000100000024" and v"1042" check "Pack WAD" and hit "Start NUS Download"

http://wiibrew.org/w/images/6/6d/NUSD_v1.zip

2) Rename "0000000100000024.wad" to "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" and put it on your SD card X:/IOS36-64-v1042.wad

you just added these steps and i had already used your guide what do these steps do and do i need to do them even though i have already followed your guide?

Might want someone to confirm this before taking my word for it... but the IOS36-64-v1042.wad is the IOS36 Rev8 that gives usb 1.1 support... I ran this after everything else and its running perfectly

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get The Wii Backup Channel to work. Same with the Gamecube Back Up Channel (it's just files that need to be made

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.. i want to downgrade my 4.0 to 3.2U i have IOS61 installed trucha patched and i have IOS60BF with dip and i am wanting to downgrade to 3.2 is it possible to just use CIOS downgrader and go to 3.2..?

thagerty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! This Guide worked great for me!

I was at 3.1 U Wiikey 1.9s HBC Channel already installed and USB Loader 1.1 working,etc...

I followed the guide exactly, and now I am up to 4.0 (custom) running USB Loader 1.1 Game Channels from my SD card, and VC and Wiiware as well from SD Card. All works great! The only thing I didn't install was Preloader as i don't really need to with Wiikey... though I might for possible brick proofing... but i can wait for that!

Is there ANY way to get Red Steel to work on a Wii without a Mod Chip? I have friends who are running Backup Loader and don't have a mod chip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work