Hacking ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

monk3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great guide, although it seems to be changing every now and then with steps that i didnt do. If anyone is interested i originally used SoftMii 2.1.1, did all the steps apart from Downgrading again and works perfectly. Thanks! Although i didn't uninstall IOS 249 but all seems to be working so can't understand what that step was for?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smartpal said:
Is there anyway to install the cIOScorp wads not manually with wad manager? There is a installer for the package but I don't know how to use it. :S
yes take the cios installer from softmii and put all the wads in X:/cioscorp/

QUOTE(monk3r @ Apr 6 2009, 07:16 AM) Great guide, although it seems to be changing every now and then with steps that i didnt do. If anyone is interested i originally used SoftMii 2.1.1, did all the steps apart from Downgrading again and works perfectly. Thanks! Although i didn't uninstall IOS 249 but all seems to be working so can't understand what that step was for?
deleting IOS249 is not listed in my guide, its only a suggestion for people having issues

sofakng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice guide!

I'm currently at System Menu 3.3 with preloader 0.29 installed (and cios rev9) and I'd like to upgrade to System Menu 4.0.

Can I just follow the guide or do I have to uninstall preloader first?

I definitely don't want to brick (or semi-brick) my Wii, heh.

EDIT: Also, why does the guide say to run the IOS60 updater but say NO to IOS61 and the shop channel?

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering:

I have updated 2 of 3 of my wii's to 4.0 with success. The only thing I did not follow was running the iosdowngrader. Everything seems to be working great for the past 2 days, usb loader, gamma, games in the game channel, wad managers, vc games etc.

So what is the idea behind runing the iosdowngrader?

Xx.Doom.xX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the advantages of using cIOScorp to run games through the disc channel? Does it improve load times and quality? Also, if I don't have preloader installed and I update to 4.0 will I get automatic updates whenever another update from Nintendo comes out? If so, does preloader always start up right when you power on your Wii? Is it possible that you can interchange from Preloader to the regular System Menu? My family would be confused if they ever turned on the Wii and the Preloader menu showed up.

Thanks in advance.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I installed the IOS60 with FreeTheBug then this should do the same thing which is why I have not had issues.

Thanks,

yumdoritos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting "current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed"

What is going on? I've done everything correct, and I've done it all three times but every time I keep getting this message. Can nyone help?

CrunchySock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off great guide and very straight forward

However I no longer have usb support for Rock Band instruments in RB2, and I wanted to know if anyone else had the same results?

Previously I used Mrkinator's Rock Band Launcher channel which installed a custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232(admittedly I am not sure I know what all of that means but figured I should add in case it might mean the difference in someone being able to help me)

I've tried running his patch after this one... but it fails, I am assuming due to the differences in the new IOS?

Really what I am after is simply to see if anyone else has succesfully used this patch and been able to still play Rock Band with the original instruments(ie: not the cheesy guitar that many others are using that uses a Wiimote, I am a drummer so that solves nothing for me)

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yumdoritos said:

What is going on? I've done everything correct, and I've done it all three times but every time I keep getting this message. Can nyone help?

It's already answered here... run IOS downgrader and reinstall...

QUOTE(CrunchySock @ Apr 6 2009, 08:45 PM) First off great guide and very straight forward

However I no longer have usb support for Rock Band instruments in RB2, and I wanted to know if anyone else had the same results?

Previously I used Mrkinator's Rock Band Launcher channel which installed a custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232(admittedly I am not sure I know what all of that means but figured I should add in case it might mean the difference in someone being able to help me)

I've tried running his patch after this one... but it fails, I am assuming due to the differences in the new IOS?

Really what I am after is simply to see if anyone else has succesfully used this patch and been able to still play Rock Band with the original instruments(ie: not the cheesy guitar that many others are using that uses a Wiimote, I am a drummer so that solves nothing for me)

If you installed IOS36 rev9, I think it does not support USB 1.1. My Konami Mics does not work anymore. Just reinstall IOS36 rev8 and they work again... hope it is the same problem to the others accessories....

MasterHand300

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Where Do I Put IOS wad On My SD card In The WAD Folder Or What
blink.gif

Or can I Use The internet Way For Rev9 Installer
unsure.gif

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the tutorial. its awesome. i followed it 100%.

some spots i thought might have been mixed up, but i said im just going to follow it 100% since i dont know too much about the wii scene since the cios details started showing up.

i was wondering why we had to install the rev9 first, THEN downgrade, i thoght maybe we should downgrade first, then install rev9, but i just followed the instructions and i had no problems so i guess its good.

in my head, i thought downgrading after installing rev9 would remove rev9 but i guess i just dont know exactly what rev9 did?
smile.gif

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sofakng:
No need to uninstall anything first just run the steps. IOS60 is the system menu the others arent important

dun4cheap:
Just as a precaution to avoid problems you might have on 4.0

Xx.Doom.xX said:
What are the advantages of using cIOScorp to run games through the disc channel?
If I don't have preloader installed and I update to 4.0 will I get automatic updates whenever another update from Nintendo comes out?
Is it possible that you can interchange from Preloader to the regular System Menu?
It looks nicer? not too much of an advantage I guess. Nintendo doesnt do automatic updates, you can always turn off your internet if they start doing that. You can set preloader to show on startup or just go straight to the system menu

yumdoritos said:
did you read the FAQ? run cIOS Downgrader to 3.2

QUOTE(CrunchySock @ Apr 6 2009, 06:45 PM)
Previously I used Mrkinator's Rock Band Launcher channel which installed a custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232
Thats the same thing I use and Ive gotten Softchip to work on 4.0. Since it is dealing with custom IOSs you may need to install all of CIOSCORP to get Softchip working but im not positive.

silvershadow:
you need cIOS rev9 to run cIOS Downgrader
wink.gif

MasterHand300:
yes X:/hacks.ini

yumdoritos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I've said before, I've followed the guide perfectly. But I keep getting this error. I've installed the cIOS he was talking aboot, downgraded, then upgraded using Waninkoko's thing, did the IOS60 thing, everything! But the preloader is still being retarded.

Xx.Doom.xX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
Xx.Doom.xX said:
What are the advantages of using cIOScorp to run games through the disc channel?
If I don't have preloader installed and I update to 4.0 will I get automatic updates whenever another update from Nintendo comes out?
Is it possible that you can interchange from Preloader to the regular System Menu?
It looks nicer? not too much of an advantage I guess. Nintendo doesnt do automatic updates, you can always turn off your internet if they start doing that. You can set preloader to show on startup or just go straight to the system menu
Thanks for answering. I guess I'll install cIOScorp anyways. And I could have swore that update 3.4 or 4.0 added automatic updates, I must have been wrong.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yumdoritos said:
As I've said before, I've followed the guide perfectly. But I keep getting this error. I've installed the cIOS he was talking aboot, downgraded, then upgraded using Waninkoko's thing, did the IOS60 thing, everything! But the preloader is still being retarded.
the last thing i can think of then would be to install the original IOS36-64-v1042.wad (made with this guide) or cIOS36 from CIOSCORP

please try those (in that order preferably) and let me know which one works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1