nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slave said:
Hi there, the Offline guide tells to Go in the SD card channel and run a file... but the problem is I dont even have the SD card channel... and I have no Wifi internet to update my console to get it... what do I do?

It doesn't tell you to go to the sd card menu, it says to go into the wii options menu in the bottom left of your system menu, click on data management, then click on channels, then click SD card.

RobySchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
RobySchwarz said:
Another question:
I have EA Grand Slam Tennis that ask me to install the 3.4e firmware.
How can i skip this? Only with the preloader?
Why it ask me to update if now i have 4.1E?

Any suggestion?

Jeffry

Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
Jeffry said:
Sure! But I must write you sometning more.. I was try one manual yesterday.. and last step was downgrade.. I dont know how, but I did 2 steps..
1. run cios37 installer
2. in HBC run Bannerbomb and run fw downgrader
3. and than I installed FW 2.1E.. it was highest FW version which I could choose there..

All was all right, but only SD Card Channels entry freeze console on this FW version.. That next I was updated console by the system update (wifi) on current version 4.1E and uninstall cios37 by AnyTitleDeleterMOD. And now my console works like before, with original games
smile.gif

what do you think about it? I'm not sure that downgrade FW it's same like downgrade cios and ios in steps 9 and 10, like you write berfore - probably not..

Ok that, I'm going to try this manual without steps 9 and 10, and then I'll write something about the result
smile.gif

There's just so many things wrong in that process you do I don't even...

the fw downgrader was completely unnecessary and either you didn't realize you could scroll down to more recent firmwares or it was a REALLY old fw downgrader that should not have been used at all. Absolutely no reason to downgrade all the way to 2.1.

Also I'm not sure what revision that cIOS37 installer was, but if having a fw downgrader that only goes to 2.1 is any indication its probably a really old cIOS isntaller that was still based off of IOS37. That being said cIOS installers do not install to the IOS they are based off of so by deleting IOS37 you just deleted an official IOS on your system that the system needs for something else. All cIOS's generally install to IOS249. IOS's should never under any circumstances be uninstalled or deleted.

IOS downgrader downgrades all of the IOS's on your system to how they were on 3.2 when they all had the trucha bug intact. cIOS downgrader downgrades the actual firmware like that fw downgrader you used but generally you were supposed to select 3.2 in it. Neither of them are necessary anymore to softmod a Wii.

Hmm, sure it was really stupid.. but now when you know about my situation.. what do you advise me? Can I try this manual, like you wrote berore (without these two steps), or now it can be a risk? Or If I could go another way? Don't know - like Wasabi or DriveKey chip? Please could you advice me?
Thank you very much

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jeffry said:
nabster92 said:
Jeffry said:
Sure! But I must write you sometning more.. I was try one manual yesterday.. and last step was downgrade.. I dont know how, but I did 2 steps..
1. run cios37 installer
2. in HBC run Bannerbomb and run fw downgrader
3. and than I installed FW 2.1E.. it was highest FW version which I could choose there..

All was all right, but only SD Card Channels entry freeze console on this FW version.. That next I was updated console by the system update (wifi) on current version 4.1E and uninstall cios37 by AnyTitleDeleterMOD. And now my console works like before, with original games
smile.gif

what do you think about it? I'm not sure that downgrade FW it's same like downgrade cios and ios in steps 9 and 10, like you write berfore - probably not..

Ok that, I'm going to try this manual without steps 9 and 10, and then I'll write something about the result
smile.gif

There's just so many things wrong in that process you do I don't even...

the fw downgrader was completely unnecessary and either you didn't realize you could scroll down to more recent firmwares or it was a REALLY old fw downgrader that should not have been used at all. Absolutely no reason to downgrade all the way to 2.1.

Also I'm not sure what revision that cIOS37 installer was, but if having a fw downgrader that only goes to 2.1 is any indication its probably a really old cIOS isntaller that was still based off of IOS37. That being said cIOS installers do not install to the IOS they are based off of so by deleting IOS37 you just deleted an official IOS on your system that the system needs for something else. All cIOS's generally install to IOS249. IOS's should never under any circumstances be uninstalled or deleted.

IOS downgrader downgrades all of the IOS's on your system to how they were on 3.2 when they all had the trucha bug intact. cIOS downgrader downgrades the actual firmware like that fw downgrader you used but generally you were supposed to select 3.2 in it. Neither of them are necessary anymore to softmod a Wii.

Hmm, sure it was really stupid.. but now when you know about my situation.. what do you advise me? Can I try this manual, like you wrote berore (without these two steps), or now it can be a risk? Or If I could go another way? Don't know - like Wasabi or DriveKey chip? Please could you advice me?
Thank you very much

Well since your Wii is still alive and kicking after that whole ordeal I think it's safe to say it's NOT a boot2v4 Wii and probably boot2v3 since you can't do a boot2 install of bootmii.

So you're on 4.1E now after an official update and deleting IOS37 right?

Anyways, first off since I don't think you actually removed your cIOS, run the cIOS rev14 installer and select IOS249 and do a network installation instead of wad installation.

But if that doesn't work and gives you like a ret -2011 error or something like that, then you need to run the TBR first to downgrade IOS15, use IOS15 to install IOS36 to IOS36 with the trucha bug and ES_identify patch, then restore IOS15. Then run the installer again and choose IOS36 instead of 249.

Then, once that works, I think you could run dop-IOS and check if there is anything on IOS37 anymore and if not have it install the most recent one there. And while you're there install the most recent IOS60 with the sig hash check as well.

The reason your SD card menu froze before was most likely because you still had bannerbomb on your sd card. Check your SD card if it is still there. It should be in SD:\private\wii\title\aktn\content.bin or something. Delete that aktn folder and what's in it.

That should pretty much be all you have to do.

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
Coming from the PSP scene where everything is really straightforward, I find that the Wii is a lot more complex.

Is there any way for me to start from scratch since I've been running so much stuff trying to get a game to work that I would prefer to start from the first possible step to avoid having something wrong on the Wii.

As I said before my Wii is 3.4U and I have the cIOS38 Rev14 installed and bootmii installed as a app on the Homebrew channel since i couldn't installed the other way.

Thanks for the help.

mattb1987

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, im trying to do the offline guide to hacking my wii. Im currently on firmware 3.4e and tried to get it to 4.1e. I have been trying for days so i have finally decided to ask for help! I seem to be stuck on stage 2. When MooSFV is checking the files the final one, which is systemmenuv450.wad, is coming up as a bad file. Obviously I dont want to get this wrong, so could anybody tell me what the problem is and how to fix it?

Also when the files that are correct come up with the green ticks at the side on MooSFV am i doing the right thing by just crossing it off, or am i supposed to be doing something else?

Sorry to sound stupid, im just really struggling with it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

insanepotato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
numbat.cs.rmit.edu.au
XP
Country
i am having the same problem

every time i run the prepare i get corrupt files.
I tried the 3.2e and the 4.0e. Everytime there are bad files and everytime it says it cant find some files... something along the lines of 000000010000000f/00000010000000f.wad?

Each time i delete the entire folder and re-extract it from the zip file to be safe.

I dont know what i am doing wrong. I have not put anything onto my wii yet, since moo tells me SytemMenuv418.wad is bad.
My wii is a 3.4e, i want to upgrade/downgrade to a version which supports preloader.

I am using offline method as i dont have wifi.

-thanks in advance

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
arapozo said:
Coming from the PSP scene where everything is really straightforward, I find that the Wii is a lot more complex.

Is there any way for me to start from scratch since I've been running so much stuff trying to get a game to work that I would prefer to start from the first possible step to avoid having something wrong on the Wii.

As I said before my Wii is 3.4U and I have the cIOS38 Rev14 installed and bootmii installed as a app on the Homebrew channel since i couldn't installed the other way.

Thanks for the help.

Run the dop-IOS step to install IOS60 then run the 4.1 updater. (Yes in that order)

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
insanepotato said:
i am having the same problem

every time i run the prepare i get corrupt files.
I tried the 3.2e and the 4.0e. Everytime there are bad files and everytime it says it cant find some files... something along the lines of 000000010000000f/00000010000000f.wad?

Each time i delete the entire folder and re-extract it from the zip file to be safe.

I dont know what i am doing wrong. I have not put anything onto my wii yet, since moo tells me SytemMenuv418.wad is bad.
My wii is a 3.4e, i want to upgrade/downgrade to a version which supports preloader.

I am using offline method as i dont have wifi.

-thanks in advance

yeah, i've been stuck dowloading tmd.1040 on the 450 4.1E downolads, gets to 00000018 and then goes on forever. The big 'N' is probably playing with files or their location or it is just slow at the moment. Will try again in a few hours! This has happened before but is normally seen to quite qucikly by assassda!

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: Has been happening for about 45mins now on a 5mb download connection with nothing running in the background! will try again!

insanepotato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
numbat.cs.rmit.edu.au
XP
Country
melodical said:
EDIT: Has been happening for about 45mins now on a 5mb download connection with nothing running in the background! will try again!

i have a feeling that the NUSD 0.2 included in the pack is glitchy. Sometimes i will get .NET runtime errors or it will freeze mid download, not network usage. Sometimes it will freeze while writting certificate, max cpu usage.
hate2.gif

I just close it, delete the entire folder, and start from scratch.

I really hope someone finds out why this is happening, maybe then it can be fixed

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
insanepotato said:
melodical said:

i have a feeling that the NUSD 0.2 included in the pack is glitchy. Sometimes i will get .NET runtime errors or it will freeze mid download, not network usage. Sometimes it will freeze while writting certificate, max cpu usage.
hate2.gif

I just close it, delete the entire folder, and start from scratch.

I really hope someone finds out why this is happening, maybe then it can be fixed

PROBLEM SOLVED. Used my second windows 2008 server pc and it downloaded without problems!! I had the same probs on the winxp box about a month ago when i followed the 4.0 guide. Forgot i used the server box before!!

If having similar prob try a laptop or another pc.

Does not work on my XP service pack 3 pc but works ok on windows server 2008, must be a windows update issue....that is if your on windows... Try a windows update, maybe a .net service pack 3.5 issue or similar.
biggrin.gif

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi AGAIN folks!

I was on official 3.4E firmware then i used the 'offline guide' and have managed to install bootmii to boot2 and have got a nand backup and homebrew working ok. I used the PAL 450 4.1E in the prepare.bat and everything seemed cool moo sfv didn't flag any issues with files.

* Removed a wiikey 2 clip-on before modding and original games worked fine after!
* SD Card is sandisk mmc in sandisk sd sleeve 2GB and inserted directly into the wii sd slot.

I get to step 11 and have run into problems:

At step 11 I run wad manager and try and select ios version to use:ios249, but i dont get the option of choosing ios249 in order to install wads after following the offline guide (step 11 offline guide) the nearest ios i have is for ios254. I have followed the
guide to the letter!!!!

I also saw a ret = -2011 error when trying to install trucha bug as per instructions. I have also followed the 'offline guide' to the letter! The trucha program did seem to go through ok and then the screen froze/locked up after install and i had to do a 4 second power off to restart the wii. (This may be normal, im not sure!)

I undertand that this error means tat the trucha bug is required and/or missing.

Where do i go from here??

(also on the homebrew channel it says 1.0.3 IOS55 v18.25...stange have not seen this before!!)

EDIT:
Wii still says im on 3.4E???
I've read its a trucha installation error but need someone to point me in the right direction, i.e is it cool to follow the OFFLINE guide again from step 6 OFFLINE i.e :

6) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Download IOS from NUS" then restart

Or maybe something else is wrong???

unsure.gif

ps i also have internet/wifi access to wii and wiiconnect24 is disabled!
There are no gamecube controller or any other type of memory cards or usb inserted.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
melodical said:
Hi AGAIN folks!

I was on official 3.4E firmware then i used the 'offline guide' and have managed to install bootmii to boot2 and have got a nand backup and homebrew working ok. I used the PAL 450 4.1E in the prepare.bat and everything seemed cool moo sfv didn't flag any issues with files.

* Removed a wiikey 2 clip-on before modding and original games worked fine after!
* SD Card is sandisk mmc in sandisk sd sleeve 2GB and inserted directly into the wii sd slot.

I get to step 11 and have run into problems:

At step 11 I run wad manager and try and select ios version to use:ios249, but i dont get the option of choosing ios249 in order to install wads after following the offline guide (step 11 offline guide) the nearest ios i have is for ios254. I have followed the
guide to the letter!!!!

I also saw a ret = -2011 error when trying to install trucha bug as per instructions. I have also followed the 'offline guide' to the letter! The trucha program did seem to go through ok and then the screen froze/locked up after install and i had to do a 4 second power off to restart the wii. (This may be normal, im not sure!)

I undertand that this error means tat the trucha bug is required and/or missing.

Where do i go from here??

(also on the homebrew channel it says 1.0.3 IOS55 v18.25...stange have not seen this before!!)

EDIT:
Wii still says im on 3.4E???
I've read its a trucha installation error but need someone to point me in the right direction, i.e is it cool to follow the OFFLINE guide again from step 6 OFFLINE i.e :

6) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Download IOS from NUS" then restart

Or maybe something else is wrong???

unsure.gif

ps i also have internet/wifi access to wii and wiiconnect24 is disabled!
There are no gamecube controller or any other type of memory cards or usb inserted.

Yes errors are not normal. If you got an error when doing something, you shouldn't just continue anyways. Figure out why there was an error first. If the first error you got was in the Trucha Bug restorer then yes start from that step (but the step that you quoted is step 6 from the ONLINE guide so maybe you're reading something wrong...) but since you have wifi access you should just do the online guide. wiiconnect24 doesn't matter and should be off, but if it's still connected to the internet then just do the online guide from step 6

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Well spotted matey, I was following the OFFLINE guide not the online one! This is the first time i used the trucha bug remover as the last wii i successfullymodded was previously on 3.1E so i did'nt need to use it.

I quoted from the online guide when i meant to quote from the OFFLINE guide, sorry to confuse things!:

What i should have said and meant was:

Should or go back to this step:

8) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Load IOS from sd card" then restart

If so shall i go with the online guide or continue and do the offline guide again from step mentioned above?

Uninstall anything first? i.e uninstall cIOS36_rev10 first?

Thanks again nabster

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
melodical said:
Well spotted matey, I was following the OFFLINE guide not the online one!

I quoted from the online guide when i meant to quote from the OFFLINE guide, sorry to confuse things!:

What i should have said and meant was:

Should or go back to this step:

8) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Load IOS from sd card" then restart

If so shall i go with the online guide or continue and do the offline guide again from step mentioned above?

Uninstall anything first?

Thanks again nabster

Don't uninstall anything. You can pretty much redo this guide as many times as you want and it will just reinstall the same thing over itself.

If you have wifi there was really no reason to go through the trouble of doing the offline guide.

Since you (presumably) already have the files from the offline guide you might as well just do that one then and save the time it would take to download them from the Wii. Just start from the trucha bug restorer step.

This is how it's supposed to look when you use the trucha bug restorer (the online way at least): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc...re=channel_page

Since you have wifi you could do the trucha bug restorer part just like that downloading from NUS as well and then just continue with the offline guide from step 10 afterwards

Edit: If cIOS rev10 actually did install properly then you wouldn't need to do any of this trucha bug restoring stuff as you would already have it in IOS249 because of that. You said there were errors though so it wouldn't have actually installed anything.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried the offline again and got to step 9 and got the following error:

9) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Load IOS from sd card"

On screen info:
Getting IOS36 revision 3094...

Checking Titleid and reviosion...
Loading contents................done
Reading file into memory complete.
Decrypting IOS...
Checking hashes...
Patching trucha bug into ES module(#14)...patched 1 hash check(s)
Patching ES_Identify in ES module(#14)...patch applied 1 time(s)
Patching nand permission in ES module(#14)...patch applied 1 time(s)
Trucha signing the tmd...
Encrypting IOS...
Preparations complete

Press A to start the install...
Installing...

ES_AddtitleStart returned: -2011
You need to use an IOS with the trucha bug.
That's what the IOS15 downgrade is good for...
IOS36 installation failed.
press any button to exit.

Just to confirm........your are saying i should try the ONLINE guide instead? from step 6:

7) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Download IOS from NUS"

Have you come across this problem before nabster?? Is it common?

Cheers.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
melodical said:
Tried the offline again and got to step 9 and got the following error:

9) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Load IOS from sd card"

On screen info:
Getting IOS36 revision 3094...

Checking Titleid and reviosion...
Loading contents................done
Reading file into memory complete.
Decrypting IOS...
Checking hashes...
Patching trucha bug into ES module(#14)...patched 1 hash check(s)
Patching ES_Identify in ES module(#14)...patch applied 1 time(s)
Patching nand permission in ES module(#14)...patch applied 1 time(s)
Trucha signing the tmd...
Encrypting IOS...
Preparations complete

Press A to start the install...
Installing...

ES_AddtitleStart returned: -2011
You need to use an IOS with the trucha bug.
That's what the IOS15 downgrade is good for...
IOS36 installation failed.

press any button to exit.

Just to confirm........your are saying i should try the ONLINE guide instead? from step 6:

7) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Download IOS from NUS"

Have you come across this problem before nabster?? Is it common?

Cheers.

You don't seem to be downgrading IOS15 properly, are you sure there wasn't some error in downgrading IOS15 before you did that? Or did you forget to do it in the first place.

I was saying you could follow that video I linked to in the last post exactly as it's done there so you could see exactly what everything is SUPPOSED to look like when you do it. Then you could continue from step 10 of the offline guide

Edit: And just to be sure...at the first screen when it asks for what IOS to use in the TBR, you aren't pressing B are you? You should be pressing A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1