Hacking ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm is there any way to use these tools without having the wii hooked up to the internet? i do not have that capability currently.

otherwise, great guide
smile.gif

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MFDC12 said:
hmmm is there any way to use these tools without having the wii hooked up to the internet? i do not have that capability currently.

otherwise, great guide
smile.gif
you can offline downgrade using this guide
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=138713

then you can install CIOSCORP and enjoy all the features besides 4.0

or if you are an expert you can try manually ugrading using the same method as in that thread. i may write a tutorial about this soon

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Can't get 4.0 updater to launch
tongue.gif
code dumps on net init

ethernet only, wifi won't connect in wii menu (can't find ssid error during connection test, found my ssid via search for acc. pts)

launched w/ latest hbc, loadmii, preloader 0.29 .dol inst.

all crash!

was 3.1u
went to 3.2u, reinst'd preloader and cios rev 10

everything works cept usb 2 inst. for mplayer ce and waninkoko 4

Co.OL Kyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I held reset as it said "The System Menu is corrupted", nothing happened, it didnt reset to the Homebrew Channel.

So I turned it off, and now, my Wii is fully bricked
mad.gif

... what happened?

Preloader wont load...

EDIT: Oh I had to RAPIDLY hold reset button straight after I power the Wii on without a disk in the drive
tongue.gif

donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sorry if this sounds like a noob question;

I am wondering if the standalone installer of cISOCORP that is bundled with softmii 2.9.6 is safer and more brick proof than manually installing the 21 or 22 wads?

Softmii install instructions say to install cIOSCORP before preloader to avoid having to reinstall preloader because ios60 is over written and corrupts the system menu.

5) Run the Homebrew Channel, and select "cIOSCORP" to install Disc Channel Backup loading. The insatller may freeze for a bit, but it will eventually work.

6) From the Homebrew Channel, load "Preloader 0.29". Read the warning and press 1 to install. After install, your Wii should reboot and load the Preloader menu. If it does not, power your Wii down and then turn it back on. As soon as you press power to turn it back on, hold down reset to load the Preloader menu. WARNING: If you install a new IOS 60 after installing Preloader, you need to re-install Preloader to avoid an error message and a non-functioning System Menu.

You will need to rename the appropriate hacks file for your region in the pack to hacks.ini and then place it on the root of sd card, then you can proceed with this install.

7) Select "System Hacks" in the Preloader menu, and enable all the hacks you would like. "Skip Disc Update" is required for proper backup loading from disc channel. Select "Save Settings" and wait for confirmation message to display "Settings Saved". Press B to go back, and enter Settings. Set "Autoboot: System Menu" (using the D-Pad Arrows), then select save settings. Press B to return to main Preloader menu.

Would this cIOSCORP app be a one stop shop for installing all necessary files?
Also would you have to still install cIOS60BF.wad?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
donowprod said:
im not sure about the new version of softmii. if you want to use the new softmii then follow this guide until the cioscorp part and then use their guide.
im going to update this guide with two methods soon

ONLINE with new softmii installer
COMPLETELY OFFLINE for everyone with internet issues

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gllt said:
Can't get 4.0 updater to launch
tongue.gif
code dumps on net init

ethernet only, wifi won't connect in wii menu (can't find ssid error during connection test, found my ssid via search for acc. pts)

launched w/ latest hbc, loadmii, preloader 0.29 .dol inst.

all crash!

was 3.1u
went to 3.2u, reinst'd preloader and cios rev 10

everything works cept usb 2 inst. for mplayer ce and waninkoko 4

I was also getting code dumps. I now know from personal testing that cios rev 10 and I have read also rev 9 do not support wired ethernet. Until he releases a new rev my best advice is to get your wireless connection resolved.

@ assassda - Great guide, Thank You.
smile.gif

I would suggest that you update your prerequisites to specify a wireless internet connection as I belive this has caused a few people issues.

strell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donowprod said:
I used the later steps of the SoftMii package to finish my 4.0U upgrade. Everything works now except Guitar Hero World Tour (which was working previously). Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero Metallica have no problems, but GHWT doesn't even work through Gamma channel now. It's been so long since I got it working last that I don't know if this is a function of the new cIOSCORP or I'm just forgetting to do something.

donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the feedback!

It seems there is always some type of incompatibility problem with the new update to 4.0

I have no incompatibility problems with 3.2u using starfall under cios36 rev 10 except for not being able to boot backups from the disk channel and of course the wii shop channel which I never use.

I really want the disk channel feature working again for ease of use for family members and have USB Loader working as well

Do you think Waninkoko update his menu rebooter app to work with cIOS 36 rev 11? I think it worked up until rev 8 or 9?

I would like to stay on 3.2U until all the bugs are worked out of 4.0.

Is there a way to load backups through the disk channel with the current Cios version 10 on 3.2U using the newest version of CIOSCORP and Preloader?

Is there less chance of bricking installing cioscorp and preloader 0.29 on 3.2u due to IOS60 not being used?

Sorry for changing the subject from 4.0u to 3.2u

Thanks ,
Dono

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
donowprod said:
I really want the disk channel feature working again for ease of use for family members and have USB Loader working as well
just install preloader and cioscorp without cios60 and you can boot from disc channel

thebawp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
assassda said:
donowprod said:
im not sure about the new version of softmii. if you want to use the new softmii then follow this guide until the cioscorp part and then use their guide.
im going to update this guide with two methods soon

ONLINE with new softmii installer
COMPLETELY OFFLINE for everyone with internet issues

I'll look forward to the second one!

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Tripp said:
I was also getting code dumps. I now know from personal testing that cios rev 10 and I have read also rev 9 do not support wired ethernet. Until he releases a new rev my best advice is to get your wireless connection resolved.

Danke, for taking the time to test things like these which people like me should be doing with all the free time I have.
tongue.gif

Also I thought rev10 was basically broke with wired ethernet too since you have to remove related settings or stuff like Brawl freezes looking for a connection, unless that's usbloader related eh? I do know I stopped experiencing weird freezes, apart from the one to two minute one I get when I first start zelda TP a couple minutes into the game and the geometry glitches in some places of the game that happen.

Edit; D'oh, big [/OT] there

thanks for the guide!

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm on 4.0U and everything seems to be working fine. I'm just looking for a little clarification as to how to run the WiiWare/VC wads straight off of the SD card. Here is what I'm doing:

1. Load game wad into wad folder on SD card.
2. Install game wad through WadManager
3. Go into Wii save data and copy installed game data to SD card
4. Go into SD channel and try to copied game

Is this the proper way of running game channels through the SD card? Because when I try this, the game channel doesn't show up on my SD card. Great guide through and through! Except for that minor hiccup, I was able to follow it all the way. All I'm missing is a step-by-step for the issue above! yay.gif

Just trying to get an answer for my post a while back.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
raphzthename said:
QUOTE said:
I'm on 4.0U and everything seems to be working fine. I'm just looking for a little clarification as to how to run the WiiWare/VC wads straight off of the SD card. Here is what I'm doing:

1. Load game wad into wad folder on SD card.
2. Install game wad through WadManager
3. Go into Wii save data and copy installed game data to SD card
4. Go into SD channel and try to copied game

Is this the proper way of running game channels through the SD card? Because when I try this, the game channel doesn't show up on my SD card. Great guide through and through! Except for that minor hiccup, I was able to follow it all the way. All I'm missing is a step-by-step for the issue above! yay.gif

Just trying to get an answer for my post a while back.

That is what i do and it works fine it takes a while for the games to show up in the SD Menu though

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raphzthename said:
what i did was install using WAD Manager and then use the "Move" command... I dont think you can use copy

QUOTE(Link5084 @ Apr 27 2009, 07:12 AM) Wait, I thought Preloader doesnt work with 4.0? Also, does this guide keep the trucha bug intact?
the newest version 0.29 does. trucha bug is intact if you install cioscorp

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the black knight said:
have an sec I am currutly on 3.2e I didnt start do i need to do the first steps too?
learn some forum etiquette. dont double post, watch your spelling, and dont expect us to tell you everything

if you actually read the first post you would know what to do. so why dont you read the entire guide and the faq and if you still have problems come ask a coherent question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr