uLoader v5.2 unofficial

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by granberro, Mar 21, 2011.

Mar 21, 2011

uLoader v5.2 unofficial by granberro at 9:12 PM (9,097 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. granberro
    OP

Newcomer granberro Member

Spain
    Hi,

Let me bring you my fork of Hermes uLoader. There are just a couple of features:

- RockBand 2 loading time halved when NAND emulation is on.
    - RockBand 3 DLC on NAND hangs fixed (a nasty workaround in fact [​IMG] )

Binaries can be found here and source code here

PS: If you downloaded from Megaupload, disregard that file and download it again.

2. Skater4599

Member Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm not a Uloader user (The UI makes my eyes bleed).. but your improvements look like great ones, Thanks for your contribution and letting us know! [​IMG]

Any contribution to make homebrew better is awesome in my book

masterpad likes this.
  3. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    I would kiss you if you add SNEEK DI with wbfs file and NTFS support.

4. ashexx

Newcomer ashexx Member

United States
    Awesome! This may allow for an overall fix for having separate nand emus for rock band 2 & rock band 3 (for me at least). Would you mind uploading it to other filehosters as well? Megaupload says file is temp unavailable. [​IMG]

5. Narolez

Member Narolez GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Nice work! Keep it up! [​IMG]

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    When I first read this title, I thought "someone finally slapped a decent user interface on this thing".

I'd say "alas"...but that would be ignorant. I'm sure decent rock band support will have some folks cheering as well. [​IMG]

7. xfcrowman

Member xfcrowman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's good to see that some people are continuing work on Hermes' loader. Although I agree that the GUI is quite ugly, I like using it for nand emulation purposes.

@granberro - are there any plans to continue working on either uloader or the hermes cIOS? I have always hoped that someone would update his cIOS so that you could use a IOS56 base, since IOS56 + 57 gives you the best compatibility.

8. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Thank you! I use uloader to play all my DLC and other rock bands/guitar hero music from rock band 2. Can't wait to cut down the load time.

9. granberro
    OP

Spain
    I do not like the GUI either, but I do not have either the knowledge neither the time to improve other areas.

Regards,

10. vexing

Newcomer vexing Advanced Member

United States
    sweet. just curious, have you had any luck getting rawksd customs to work in rock band 3?

11. granberro
    OP

Spain
    Have not tried yet, but will do.

Cheers

12. borissaid

Member borissaid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Haven't tried the alt_dol provided but the other one refuses to load any DLC off of my FAT partition... official 5.1E works fine for RB2. Is it possible that the drive compatability has been changed?

13. granberro
    OP

Spain
    Hi, to reduce load time, that version uses a special tmd file. It is explained in one text file included in the .rar. Download the .rar file again if you don┬Ęt have that file.

graNBerro

14. borissaid

Member borissaid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I found a recompiled version with your changes on a spanish site (actual uloader thread) ... that version works fine with my RB2 but freezes on loading dlc in RB3 (buzzing sound on loading files 1 of whatever) with cios223 and hangs with cios224 indefinitely at the same point.

15. granberro
    OP

Spain
    Try that one

16. duffmmann

United States
    Ok, I must be doing something wrong, i downloaded the latest version from mediafire in your first post. I believe I follow the instructions, they're not too clear:

trimrbtmd.exe How to
    To reduce loading times for RB2 and RB3, uLoader uses trimmed tmd files containing only the songs you have on emulated NAND.
    For RB2, launch trimrbtmd 2 in any of the folders \nand\title0010005\735a4@45\content
    For RB3, launch trimrbtmd 3 in any of the folders \nand\title0010005\735a4@45\content
    This process is one off, unless you add/remove songs, if so repeat it in the affected folder.

So what I do is put the trimrbrtmd.exe in one of my nand folders: nand\title0010005\735a4@45\content. I run cmd.exe
    and get to the point where I run trimrbtmd in the folder, this is my command: trimrbtmd 2

I hit enter and the only message I get is: there are 509 files in this tmd (or something along those lines, can't recall off the top of my head. but then nothing more seems to happn, no new tmd is created or anything like that. And then when I run this new version of uloader with my nand dlc saves activated, the game starts up full speed, but none of my nand dlc loads. What am I doing wrong? The nand dlc will load if I move back to my previous version of uloader, I must be missing a step here or something. Please help.

17. granberro
    OP

Spain
    Nothing wrong there. It seems you have all DLC, so nothing for the trimmer to do. Just copy title.tmd to title.tmd2 and title.tm3 and should work,

18. duffmmann

United States

Oh I see, so there should be a file called title.tmd2 and title.tmd3 in each content folder? That could explain the no loading, giving it a go now.

19. duffmmann

United States
    Seems to work after i did that. Load time is definitely cut in half (don't have to wait like at all at the drummer load screen in RB2). A problem I have is that many songs aren't showing up. This may just be a case that I missed copying one or more title.tmds. I'll recheck and report my findings.

20. DaRtHiAn

Newcomer DaRtHiAn Newbie

Chile
    i just can`t make this work ... I loaded some DLC from rock band 3 tools i can`t get it to work (yes it is in .app)

when i load rock band 3 it just won`t show any DLC ... how do i fix this? .. i tried the trim but i have all the dlc from the ticket so it nothing happened, i renamed the ticket to "ticket.tmd3" and started the game but i nothing show up ... what i am doing wrong :S?

pd: anyway, good job on this .. i think you have been underpriced (: