Uloader DVD Error -2

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by randayanday, Apr 3, 2012.

1. randayanday
    OP

randayanday Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2012

Hey i cant fix this error , i have a Macbook Pro and i have been burning Wii games with it for about a year now and had no problems , my super drive in my mac broke recently so i brought a external DVD burner which uses two USB ports to connect to my Macbook , , but now when i burn games using it and load them in Uloader i get "DVD Error -2" and Errors in other loaders like NeoGamma , i'm doing the exact same thing i did with my super drive in Disk Utility, iv used two different games and the same thing happened with the same error , any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. ps. i'm not to fond on using an external hard drive instead of DVDs . I tried a USB stick with one of the games and that worked fine but it was only 8 GIG and only holds one game at a time where i have heaps of blank DVD-RW

2. robilyn

robilyn Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2011
    Italy
    It's better to use DVD-R instead of DVD-RW: Wii doesn't like DVD-RW.

3. AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Jan 14, 2012
    Ideas factory :)
    Not all DVD media are Wii-Compatible maybe you changed the brand, also check + and - DVDs (for instance the new DVD-R 16x silver princo doesn't work while the old up to 16x DVD-R white princo work fine).
    Remember also to burn at 4x, I use ImageBurn for this and it always does the job well.

4. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    The OP isnt dumb hes been doing it for some time. Also He has a mac , maybe you can post a link for imgburn that works on a mac ????????

Personally would suggest using USB loaders and to invest in a SA USB Drive , i dont know the reason you have the error sorry .

5. AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Jan 14, 2012
    Ideas factory :)
    I suggested to try with another media type
    for imgburn alt. for mac see here: http://alternativeto.net/software/imgburn/?platform=mac