Homebrew uLaunch v0.2 released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Dec 1, 2019.

1. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    Tried the first version but it took too long (like 10-20+ seconds) to open the home menu while in a game, personally I'm going to wait a few more for a few updates to pass before I try this again :)

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    This is not an OS replacement tho. Its home menu replacement.

lordelan and slaphappygamer like this.
  3. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    The argument is absolutely idiotic. SX OS offers unique features to the CFW community. Wether it has or not used some code from other CFW who cares!! Aslong as it benefits the community as a whole.
    Besides. The piracy argument is really dumb. We all know people pirate just as hard on atmosphere.
    The ONLY reason people get their panties in a twist is because some code was used/reused and someone is making money on (part) of their code and it doesn't follow some hacker /etique.
    Meanwhile they likely are pirating themselves. Who cares if some of the code was "pirated" Hypocrites. Oh and EGO.
    But im sure you people here will shit all over this post to keep up "appearences"

Andalitez and m_babble like this.
  4. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    Fuck @XorTroll for excluding features because "MUH PIRACY!!!!!!!" It's the reason why GoldLeaf doesn't support NSZ installation (whoever made GoldBricks you are awesome)

SuperHans111 likes this.
  5. 1NOOB

1NOOB GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2006
    Canada
    Inside My Head...
    did you ever code something ? its long hard work depending on what your working on , but someone taking your hard work and making profit out of it is just a good exemple of capitalism as it can be . also you do not seem to agree that homebrew can be used in an legal way . there is a line between the two for a reason . if you assume that everyone who hack the switch is for illegal purpose ,then you send a bad image wich should not be the case , you should be able to promote hacking the switch legaly , without promoting the use of illegal keys,files,etc /imreallyhighrightnowsodontbother

nachuz and CheddaGuap like this.
  6. momin

momin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2008
    A GUI based homebrew without a screenshot of the GUI. :cry:

7. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    No one is going to risk a ban to get some custom skins and homebrew that is available on almost every device in existence

8. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    You're wrong there, I have 2 Nintendo Switch systems so I don't care about one getting banned as long as I can try out things created by the community

9. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Get yourself together, kid.
    He did nothing to make it incompatible with SX OS. Instead it's TX's fault because of their eShop replacement code. XorTroll already stated that a few posts back.

Poor thing spamming the F*** word without reading first.

@XorTroll: Amazing update. You literally implemented anything missed in v0.1 to be a somewhat complete stable qLaunch replacement, fixing what wasn't working there already.
    Now I'm looking forward to future updates to see what you will come up with. :)

10. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Ubisoft: Can Ulaunch??
    Me: No Ucan't. >_<

11. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Can't un see.