Homebrew uLaunch v0.2 released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Dec 1, 2019.

Front-page Homebrew
    [​IMG]

@XorTroll has just released the first major update for his Switch HOME menu reimplementation, uLaunch! Version 0.2 introduces a brand new feature called Quick Menu, which allows for easy and immediate access to various functions & sub-menus without using the touch screen, and can be brought up anytime by pressing (Z)L,(Z)R or the analog sticks. Two new applets (album and controller settings) as well as a power menu have been added to uLaunch, all of which can be accessed from the aforementioned Quick Menu. Many new entries are now available in the settings, including several toggles for the Switch's hardware and software features (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, etc) and console-specific info (Serial Number & MAC Address).

Last, but not least, a new PC companion application, uViewer, has also been released! This app works both as a replacement for the previously released QForegroundViewer, as it incorporates all of its screen streaming functionalities in itself, and also includes an entry creator, thus allowing you to easily make your own custom entries for uLaunch. An uViewer DLL plugin for RetroArch is also available, which can be useful if you wish to create ROM forwarders.

As usual, the official changelog can be read below:
    :download: Download
    :arrow: Source
    :arrow: Official GBAtemp Thread

Discussion (32 replies)
  1. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    At first I though it's 2.0, but it's just 0.2. Oh well, I'll wait some more.

2. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    Anyone try using Bluetooth headphones with this?

Owenge, 98otiss and NoNAND like this.
  3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    that logo is kinda....phallic :creep:

other than that cool release:creep:

4. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Why and also how?

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Dec 1, 2019
  5. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    The name made me think this was some Ubisoft thing at first (cf Uplay)

Seriously cool to see progress on this!

NoNAND likes this.
  6. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    For a second I thought uLaunchELF got an update.

Very neat!
    More consoles/handhelds should get alternate home menu's/dashboards/system menus n what not!

7. TheGreek Boy

TheGreek Boy GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 9, 2016
    Greece
    Behind you.
    sxos?

Owenge and m_babble like this.
  8. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2018
    United States
    Sounds like a good to have thing that may cause issues with choixdujour and stuff

9. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    With Lakka as well as the Android rom for the switch, you can use Bluetooth headphones. There must be multiple stacks?/versions of the Bluetooth protocol. Ones where devices such as controllers can sync and work, but headphones are not allowed. Since this seems to be an os replacement, I was curious if Bluetooth headphones stack?/version are enabled.

98otiss likes this.
  10. minomore

minomore Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2015
    got a couple of questions, 1. the youtube app isnt working and nor is the internet, also how do you delete games now? many thanks and great work

11. Teletron1

Teletron1 Space Tech Engineer

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH
    Not to go there but it looks like a vibrator more then a missle :unsure: but who am I to judge . Nice work

gamesquest1 likes this.
  12. m_babble

m_babble Elder Phantom

Dec 12, 2004
    United States
    Seconded. Working?

13. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    Only for Atmosphere ;)
    XorTroll try his best to make apps not compatible with illegal CFWs such as SX OS

14. XorTroll

XorTroll Tired of classic HOME menu

pip Developer
    Dec 28, 2017
    Spain
    Nowhere
    Heh... trying to block compatibility is something pointless I won't bother doing.
    I've heard SX OS issues with uLaunch because the main menu of the project takes over eShop applet, so opening it makes SX OS nag. Didn't even know SX did nag for that, but it definitely isn't something I should take care of.
    I've considered changing the current donor applets, but doing so might result in a mess, having to force users to delete certain folders... so better to continue like this.

MorningBlunt, lordelan and nachuz like this.
  15. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame Annoying Member

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Mom's house
    My immediate thought lol

16. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    Pretty cool. rom forwarders sound cool but making them doesn't would it be possible to make all games forwarders? Is there anything guaranteed crash inducing? Does v0.2 probably imply that a typical kid who doesn't know anything shouldn't have this installed on their switch?

17. TheGreek Boy

TheGreek Boy GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 9, 2016
    Greece
    Behind you.
    What do you mean "illegal" cfw? Its a cfw like atmosphere but you need to buy a license...

18. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2015
    United States
    I've been told that it uses Nintendo's code for its XCI mounting implementation. Something along the lines of using their code and then pointing it to a virtual location instead of the gamecard slot.

19. 1NOOB

1NOOB GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2006
    Canada
    Inside My Head...
    sxos promote the play of backup and doesnt care about using nintendo keys and "private" stuffs , while atmosphere , is giving you the basic access of things but doesnt touch anything of those , anything else is up to the user , so nsp are decripted witn a key , they will install ,only if you have the files to let you do it , as of xci , you need to either decrypt them with illegal shared key , or exctract your own key . anyone correct me if im wrong .

sxos is basicly the equivalent of some dude at the corner of the street selling repackaged stuffs of free content with all the illegal stuffs ready so you just pay for the free stuffs and dont have to care about doing the process that is required the free way.

Last edited by 1NOOB, Dec 1, 2019