Gaming [uk]Need a new PC

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As long as you do not need a new monitor and the other usual junk or a SLI/crossfire system £700 is more than enough to net you a decent games machine.

If you are around here then I assume software is not a problem so it might be worth looking at a barebones system- careful if you do though as barebones has become somewhat of a catch all term in the last few years and some still use the original (proper?) meaning of case, motherboard, PSU, CPU and ram- you sort disc drives, hard drives and everything else while others mean you get a box that will plug in and go- you sort operating system, monitor(s), mouse and keyboard.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ have a fairly decent example of the latter sort of thing.

I will ask though are you planning to salvage anything; we have all seen motherboards take out everything but there is still a chance some stuff works?

HaniKazmi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
While I can salvage most of my old stuff, it was all very low end and years old, so I'd rather start new, only carrying over my harddrive. I only need a base unit, as I still have a monitor, keyboard etc. I'm considering the packard-bell ixetreme i8819nfor £670, is that good value?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."