PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I just got my DS Lite back from Nintendo the other day, my hinge had snapped too. It was well out of warranty as it's a launch DS Lite but they repaired the hinge free of charge and sent it back anyway.

Just send it to Nintendo.

Cranberry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Opium said:
I just got my DS Lite back from Nintendo the other day, my hinge had snapped too. It was well out of warranty as it's a launch DS Lite but they repaired the hinge free of charge and sent it back anyway.

Just send it to Nintendo.

Are you joking?! The hinge only has a crack in it, the repair place is close by, we still have the warranty, and they said it'll cost $50 to fix it! And that's apparently with a discount.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
O_O

so , what is the hinge xD

is it the internals of the middle or the long thing of where the mic is ?

cause the long thing with the mic hole is like gone xD not the internals of it . my mistake . unless the white thing is the hinge is it !?

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
The hinge holds the top and bottom screen together (with the cables inside that connect the top screen to the innards of your ds) and the crack gets a free repair by Nintendo:

QUOTE said:
Nintendo Agrees To Fix DS Lite Hinge Cracks

Video Games – Following a number of substantiated online reports of hinge cracks on the recently US-launched Nintendo DS Lite portable, Nintendo of America has opted to offer free repairs to anyone who calls the company's support line to report the issue.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh that's convinient ^^

but still i would prefer if i did it my self . i kinda made up my mind between letting thieves do it or doing it myself .

i'm more on the doing it my self side . multiple reasons why : will learn something , cheaper and will have it ASAP once it's done !
on the thieves side : professional , won't break , reliable .

now for the cons .

My Self : Might Break , Has had no Experience what so ever !
Thieves : gotta wait a while , shipping pretty pricey ( $30 Supply Case , $50 don't Supply Case )

so yea still just thinking , probably gonna wait for thieves to post his guide ^^

Cranberry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Curley5959 said:
The hinge holds the top and bottom screen together (with the cables inside that connect the top screen to the innards of your ds) and the crack gets a free repair by Nintendo:

QUOTE said:
Nintendo Agrees To Fix DS Lite Hinge Cracks

Video Games – Following a number of substantiated online reports of hinge cracks on the recently US-launched Nintendo DS Lite portable, Nintendo of America has opted to offer free repairs to anyone who calls the company's support line to report the issue.

Where did you get the quote from?

Edit: It says Nintendo of America. I live in Canada, and when I called customer support, they said the crack was not a manufacturing defect, and it wasn't covered in our warranty (We still have the warranty), so it'd cost ~56$ to fix it.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you just killed me
cry.gif

i guess i'm just gonna have to mod it myself then
dry.gif

at least im gonna learn something ^-^

twinkleface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This hinge thing is so common to those people who have DS lites. If you have the courage to replace the shell by yourself, well that's fine. There are guides on how to install these things.

As of the moment, I am afraid of what may happen to my DS Lite. I do not want to encounter this broken hinge problem.
hate2.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
heey look he's from philippines too xD

anywayz ....

yea lots of people get's this problem . i just noticed that on my sister's DS Lite a crack is starting to form on the part where my DS Hinge broke .

i fell kinda confident now that i have rad other people posts . so i guess i can survive doing it too ! but if it's still then i would gladly ask someone else to do it for me xD ( but with a price of course ) i'm just waiting for thieves to ptos his guide on switching replacement cases !

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
Holt said:
your DS hinge survived as long as mine ^^ ( october 21 ,2008 shall be 3 years of survival xD )

but now i think i might as well just replace the hinge my self !

That's probably a good choice, after all, a two year relationship can't just be replaced by a new one
wink.gif

Good luck at fixing it!

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yep i know whatcha mean !

lawl now i need help choosing which case to get xD

a black case ( so i can have a black a white DS !! )

or

a Plain Old White One

or

a Plain old Black One

or

a Zelda One

or

a crimson / black dragon one ?

=========================

all are under $20 so that's no problem while the shipping is free too !

might get a black to fuse or a crimson/black dragon one ? which one ?

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
PharaohsVizier said:
and then if they still don't agree, go yell at them about the price of gas and that the guy on the phone said they'd do it for free, blah blah blah.

I lol'd so hard
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(kevenka @ Jul 25 2008, 11:37 PM) Xcaliber, where is your avatar from?

If I'm not mistaken it's from the Anime "Death Note".

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vizier ~ LMAO . but nah i wouldn't do that xD sure it would be alright but i don't think my dad is gonna let me go all the way to richmond hill just to get my DS fixed . he would just say " oh go save your money and buy a new one or somethin ? "

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome