Ubisoft unveils Uplay PC

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
OKQH2.jpg

Ubisoft, considered one of the worst companies pumping out PC games today, due to their draconian DRM, has decided to take a cue from Steam and Origin. They will be revamping their own online store, labeling it Uplay PC.

Like origin, the store is fairly sparse in inventory, featuring only games published by Ubisoft. Social features, achievements, avatars, and an under-one-roof-storefront to come at a later date.

icon11.gif
Source

Let's hope they won't be releasing their games exclusively in the Uplay PC store, but they most likely will.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Such bullshit. It makes more sense to just sell their games through Steam. It's well known in many gaming circles and Ubisoft doesn't have to waste money on advertising their own service.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such bullshit. It makes more sense to just sell their games through Steam. It's well known in many gaming circles and Ubisoft doesn't have to waste money on advertising their own service.

But they cut out the middleman with this and they don't have to worry about Steam's rules and regulations.

I'm not defending them, it's just the truth. Cut Steam out of your sales and they get all the profit and they write their own rules.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I read the title of this thread and thought i'd already had Uplay so i had to go check.

I do have it, i've had it since i purchased Driver San Fransisco in the Steam Sales and they advertise their games that are on Steam on it.

So this means Uplay for only Ubi Soft games?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.cinemable...ames-45764.html

Some games are $1 others are 75% off the original price.

Uplay has been around for some time now.

I've had no problem with DRM, cracks are great (ok we shouldn't have to do that for games we've bought) though haven't they ditched DRM for recent games?

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country

But they cut out the middleman with this and they don't have to worry about Steam's rules and regulations.

I'm not defending them, it's just the truth. Cut Steam out of your sales and they get all the profit and they write their own rules.

That's true and Ubisoft still has to pay for the development of the webstore, either contract or hire staff to maintain the site and the advertising. With Steam, Valve gets a cut and Ubisoft just pays taxes on their profits. Ubisoft clearly doesn't understand their customers. The least they could do is not make the games exclusive to their own service.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've had no problem with DRM, cracks are great (ok we shouldn't have to do that for games we've bought) though haven't they ditched DRM for recent games?

I think they ditched the "always online" DRM for their games since Asscreed II.

Also From Dust for $1 is nice. Unfortunately I spent my $1 on that Humble Bundle.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

I think they ditched the "always online" DRM for their games since Asscreed II.

Also From Dust for $1 is nice. Unfortunately I spent my $1 on that Humble Bundle.

I wouldn't know. I haven't bought an Ubisoft PC game since Far Cry.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What I'm hoping is that they'll release their games both there and in other stores such as Steam. Make the games cheaper in your own store, but give the option for users to completely ignore your store should they want to.

D

Deleted_171835

Hey Rayman Origins PC doesn't have any DRM (not even SteamWorks).

Thanks but no thanks Ubisoft, there are too many damn clients.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes