Ubisoft reveals Assassin's Creed: Infinity, will possibly be an online, live service game

fersffds.png

After releasing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla at the end of last year, Ubisoft is already looking towards the future for the Assassin's Creed franchise. A new game is early on in development, and will attempt to "evolve" the series, Ubisoft has confirmed. The reveal of the code-named Assassin's Creed: Infinity follows a report from Bloomberg's Jason Schreier, who leaked the existence of the project, stating that insider sources claimed that the game would be an online game, with multiple playable settings and time periods.

Infinity will also see the first instance of Ubisoft's Montreal and Quebec studios collaborating on an Assassin's Creed title, bringing together the two teams who have previously worked on numerous different Assassin's Creed games throughout the years. Nathalie Bouchard, Managing Director at Ubisoft Montreal put out a press release explaining that Infinity will see the franchise change alongside the gaming industry, which implies the concept of a live-service, constantly updating Assassin's Creed as Schreier reported, though does not officially confirm such.

This change means we’re also evolving along with the video game industry. The pandemic and working from home have fundamentally changed the way we produce games, giving us a moment to reflect on our organization. Assassin’s Creed was born within the walls of Ubisoft Montreal and the studio built an incredible foundation for the franchise with the immense skill and creativity of its teams before Ubisoft Quebec then took the lead with Assassin’s Creed Syndicate and Odyssey, demonstrating its ability to drive the franchise even further.

:arrow: Source

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
If Ubisoft really go to the free-microtransaction games route, I might even start to playing their games, not that I like this microtransaction model, but I don't like Ubisoft games as much as it costs.

For loyal fans, I think it sucks tho. I would hate to see a series that I really like going to this route.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let AC die please.

After Desmond died idk what even going on anymore. I stopped at Origins I have to pick it back up but ehh I liked the older ones AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations , and AC4 , and Unity was the last one I liked.

Reactions: ChronoTrig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let AC die please.

After Desmond died idk what even going on anymore. I stopped at Origins I have to pick it back up but ehh I liked the older ones AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations , and AC4 , and Unity was the last one I liked.
The problem is that they kept introducing characters to the plot making it more complex. The stories are fine, but they're not the same without the original characters. I thought that killing off Desmond in ACIII would mean that they could bring him back in a future installment with the use of a certain piece of Eden (The Shrouds from Syndicate), but that went out the window when they confirmed that the shrouds can't bring people back to life.

Last edited by Deleted member 534570,

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw, I can't wait to pay 29.99 for an Altair/Ezio skin.

But seriously though,
people should stop shilling these type of games.
While the idea does sound interesting, it's going to be such a horrible experience.
And remember,
Online Only = Timed Trial

With that logic no one should ever play an MMO.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh boy, another Ubisoft live live service! I can’t wait for everything to be monetized the fuck out of and the game to just be a 3/10 but people keep playing it because live service games are predatory as fuck!

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
Even though I very much like Apex...

The GaaS concept irks me.
The day comes, when the servers shut down..
And they won't give you a 'custom server option' either.

NWFC is kept alive with an insane amount of reverse engineering work preceeding it, and only works cause Nintys servers use p2p and are super barebones.
Current games ? For-get-it.

Man. This sucks.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ill just wait and see, if isnt for me I wont be angry. I find it funny how self entitled everyone is online these days, if nobody likes it nobody will buy it and they wont do it again. If other people like it and YOU DON'T, oh well.. its a business and plenty of other games to play.

Last edited by kevin corms,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1