• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 2,113
  • Replies 13
  • Likes 5
D

Deleted_171835

OP

Videogamer.com got a close look at the tablet features in Ubisoft's game, Watch Dogs

This time, however, the demo concluded with a demonstration of a real-time iPad app that supports a kind of meta-game - much in the manner of Microsoft's Xbox SmartGlass.

Here players were presented with a wireframe map of futuristic Chicago, drawn in a similar style to the one that used in the press conference demo. The map can be scrolled and zoomed, with pop-up boxes and icons providing real-time information about the game in progress.

"As we said, everything is connected - and we've extended that to mobile devices," said the Ubisoft demonstrator. "We have Chicago in the palm of your hand. Everything that you've seen in the game will be accessible, so different shops - pharmacies, gun shops - will also be available here. You can see everything.

"Remember the theatre that we saw? You can go and check the details, what the layout is, so that you can plan your mission. You can also get information about the organisers - facts about DeMarco."

But it's not just NPCs who fall under the app's scrutiny. Other human players will also find that their details have been uploaded to the CTOS - the American information network in Watch Dogs' cyberpunk future.

"You can monitor bad guys, and you can also monitor your friends. That way you can see your friends in real time - what they are doing, and how they did it. You can access their mission log and prepare yourself in the same way."

During the course of the main demo, Pierce took the time to 'profile' a female NPC - scanning her and then adding her details to the CTOS. This meant that new data was added to the tablet app - information that wouldn't have been there otherwise.

Why the fuck isn't this announced for Wii U yet?

http://www.videogame...t_features.html

Reactions: 5 people

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun multiplayer mode: Other players use their hacking skills to "hack" your tablet/smartphone and mess with your interface. Think about it, Ubisoft.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Smartglass doesn't seem so... smart... to me.
Couldn't I just get all that info by browsing the internet on my phone?
Probably would be quicker than making sure I have enough charge, my wifi is turned on, launching a stupid app, connecting to the 360, etc etc etc.

Am I wrong?

byronjj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably would be quicker than making sure I have enough charge, my wifi is turned on, launching a stupid app, connecting to the 360, etc etc etc.

Am I wrong?
No you'r not wrong but doesn't it take some minimal effort to find help online also?

Reactions: 1 person

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country

Am I wrong?
No you'r not wrong but doesn't it take some minimal effort to find help online also?

Yeah I think that's my point.
It doesnt make anything better... or worse. Its just the damn same thing we had before but with a new name and an icon on your phone/360 to say connected.
lolz

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

xdmario1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was I the only one who was amazed at this game? This has to be one of the best things to come out of E3 this year.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a picture of Miyamoto checking out the Ubisoft booth specifically looking at "Watch Dogs". Maybe, just maybe.
BTW this picture is brought to you by GoNintendo!

miyamoto(1).jpg

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a picture of Miyamoto checking out the Ubisoft booth specifically looking at "Watch Dogs". Maybe, just maybe.
BTW this picture is brought to you by GoNintendo!

miyamoto(1).jpg
He probably like what the... Ubisoft, there is a touch screen controller right over here.
http://wiiublog.com/watch-dogs-on-the-wii-u-is-not-out-of-the-question-says-ubisoft/

It will definitely come out on the Wii U. 90% sure of it.

I don't see it coming out at the same time as the other versions, which is a shame.
Come on now. Like literally two post up. Smh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: collecting the coins, or wall busting through the game