Hacking TX SX Faq #2 (Homebrew on all firmware Support and Payload Loading from SD Card!!!

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm even happier I pre-ordered my TX SX

• Q: Does SX OS supports online gaming?
    A:
    SX OS supports playing online. However, we can't guarantee Nintendo is not able to detect you are using SX OS.
  • Q: Does SX OS support Emunand?
    A:
    Currently it doesn't. This is a feature we can add in the future, but it is low in the priority list because of the small interest to the general public. But because Xecuter SX is also used by advanced user, we will add Emunand support at some point.

This doesn't make sense, nothing in this new fact was substantial enough for to be "even happier"

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad to see them spell out the dongle license issue, even though in contradicts what they said in the last FAQ.

How does it contradict the last FAQ?
  • Q: Can I buy one SX Pro and one SX OS license separately, and use the dongle and tool with two switches?
    A:
    Yes, you can buy additional SX OS Licenses and use one dongle and tool for all your Switch consoles.
You need to buy a software license per switch, they suppport more than one licence per dongle.

This is what they said before:
  • Q: Is SX OS tied to my console/dongle?
    A:
    Yes. In case of SX Pro the license is tied to your dongle and console. In case of SX Lite the license is tied to your license code and console.
It seems consistent to me

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Quantumcat

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
This doesn't make sense, nothing in this new fact was substantial enough for to be "even happier"

I cant speak for jakkal but i think they added some really good stuff. Homebrew at launch, custom payloads, FAT32 support for backups, etc etc...

No "safe" online? What did you think? Hacking and using "ilegal" games and be able to play online no problem? Cmon.

Reactions: Xzi

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant speak for jakkal but i think they added some really good stuff. Homebrew at launch, custom payloads, FAT32 support for backups, etc etc...

No "safe" online? What did you think? Hacking and using "ilegal" games and be able to play online no problem? Cmon.
I don't think there is homebrew at launch, the backup support was from the first faq. I'm just saying i'm a little suspicious now about new members,

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I don't think there is homebrew at launch, the backup support was from the first faq. I'm just saying i'm a little suspicious now about new members,

Read the FAQ, we would have homebrew at launch and im not talking about backup support, im talking about FAT32 support without having to update to use exFAT sd cards and thats a good thing.

Suspicious about what? I dont get that. Im not a TX fan nor hater, but they are offering something good. It costs money but i think its worth it right now without Atmosphere.

Reactions: Centergaming

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Well they now say there is. It doesn't sound like their own work, but then who knows who is actually working on this.

https://team-xecuter.com/faq-2-xecuter-sx-family/

Q: Can SX products run homebrew software as well?
A:
The initial release of SX OS will have support for running homebrew software for all firmware versions.
In the initial release, launching the homebrew menu can be done by starting the photoviewer application while holding the R button on the Joy-Con. A file called "hbmenu.nro" needs to be on the root of the microSD card and a folder "switch" needs to contain all the homebrew applications.
We will naturally continue to improve homebrew support and easy of use in future update.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: TheZander

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the FAQ, we would have homebrew at launch and im not talking about backup support, im talking about FAT32 support without having to update to use exFAT sd cards and thats a good thing.

Suspicious about what? I dont get that. Im not a TX fan nor hater, but they are offering something good. It costs money but i think its worth it right now without Atmosphere.
That's the thing, back in the day people used to worship modchip makers. However it seems things have shifted so I'm trying not to jump on some hate band wagon. But I've watched a lot of infomericals and "real customer not a paid actor testimonials" to where reading in bold someone is even happier pre(wtf)ordering something. And they don't even support emuNAND so it's nothing that great. Once again I'm not going to just tear into these guys, they're old school and with out them and people of the like console hacking stuff wouldn't be where it's at today. However if I was running a mod chip thing, I would see GBATemp's user base as a highly profitable market place. It would be in my best interest to put my trusted team members in the forums talking up Funke at the water coolers.

I don't really care, but it sounds like a bogus customer testimonial.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would see GBATemp's user base as a highly profitable market place. It would be in my best interest to put my trusted team members in the forums talking up Funke at the water coolers.

Like how kate missed out that fusee gelee was a tethered exploit in the original hype?

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
That's the thing, back in the day people used to worship modchip makers. However it seems things have shifted so I'm trying not to jump on some hate band wagon. But I've watched a lot of infomericals and "real customer not a paid actor testimonials" to where reading in bold someone is even happier pre(wtf)ordering something. And they don't even support emuNAND so it's nothing that great. Once again I'm not going to just tear into these guys, they're old school and with out them and people of the like console hacking stuff wouldn't be where it's at today. However if I was running a mod chip thing, I would see GBATemp's user base as a highly profitable market place. It would be in my best interest to put my trusted team members in the forums talking up Funke at the water coolers.

Oh, i know what you mean now but you know, most people arround here are not 10 year old and can make a decision based on facts and information. I would like to think im one of those persons and i could get one of TX items/license because i read and informed myself and i like what they are offering, not because 2 or 3 guys are talking good stuff about them.

Anyway, EmuNAND is probably the only "major" drawback and its not even that, so i dont think is fair to say is not good because of that.

Reactions: Draxzelex

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow you're an idiot if you think I'm a part of tx team
I got the faq from max console and decided to share it here. What are you even on about?

Most people like me who pre-ordered are excited and rightly so.

Reactions: Centergaming

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I pre-ordered! I can count the number of times I took my Wii/Wii U on-line to do some gaming on one hand. (Basically, NEVER!) So I could give a flying f*ck about getting banned. I just want my backups and that day is soon approaching, thanks T-X!

I have a 1.0.0 Switch and a 2nd one that is currently sitting on FW 4.1. Might use the SX on the virgin 1.0 console and go legit with my 4.1. Or vice versa. Decisions, decisions.

I wonder if the boys at Toilet overflow ego-fail are sitting around debating between releasing a full on, backup loading, CFW 1 day before the SX ships (just to stick it to T-X..... assuming they have the brain power to pull that off) or they going to stand by and watch T-X rake in lots of cash while they eat 'member berries and think about their 2 minutes of fame in the Switch scene? :) I think their morals won't allow them to thwart T-X's plans even though the thought of somebody profiting off of piracy sickens them. Oh wells................ can't WAIT for my pre-order to ship!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

Reactions: IceTeaX

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I pre-ordered! I can count the number of times I took my Wii/Wii U on-line to do some gaming on one hand. (Basically, NEVER!) So I could give a flying f*ck about getting banned. I just want my backups and that day is soon approaching, thanks T-X!

I have a 1.0.0 Switch and a 2nd one that is currently sitting on FW 4.1. Might use the SX on the virgin 1.0 console and go legit with my 4.1. Or vice versa. Decisions, decisions.

I wonder if the boys at Toilet overflow ego-fail are sitting around debating between releasing a full on, backup loading, CFW 1 day before the SX ships (just to stick it to T-X..... assuming they have the brain power to pull that off) or they going to stand by and watch T-X rake in lots of cash while they eat 'member berries and think about their 2 minutes of fame in the Switch scene? :) I think their morals won't allow them to thwart T-X's plans even though the thought of somebody profiting off of piracy sickens them. Oh wells................ can't WAIT for my pre-order to ship!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

I myself have 2 switches as well, keeping one for online and the other for tx and atmosphere.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patience is so low with these ones. Atmosphere is really not that far off, and it will do all this and more. I don't really get the fuss.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, i know what you mean now but you know, most people arround here are not 10 year old and can make a decision based on facts and information. I would like to think im one of those persons and i could get one of TX items/license because i read and informed myself and i like what they are offering, not because 2 or 3 guys are talking good stuff about them.

Anyway, EmuNAND is probably the only "major" drawback and its not even that, so i dont think is fair to say is not good because of that.

It could be my lack of knowledge in this, but without emuNAND if you are on a lower firmware how will you play newer games without updating? About making informed decisions, it's 25 dollars not exactly breaking the bank but I see absolutely no reason to clamor for this.

Like how kate missed out that fusee gelee was a tethered exploit in the original hype?

idk what youre talking about, but I'm not saying there is any competing backup loader on the market. There is absolutely nothing out there right now that is on tier with this. No reason for people to believe that atmosphere will have backup launching. This is the only option.

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patience is so low with these ones. Atmosphere is really not that far off, and it will do all this and more. I don't really get the fuss.
Once someone gets trust one access and backup loading then I'll be excited about atmosphere. Cuz last I heard atmosphere won't be bypassing trust zone to prevent piracy

Let's see if they'll enable piracy when they've been against it so much

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama

To be fair, we dont know. Soon could be a month or two. I hope is before June 15, that would be awesome for the community.

With TX CFW supporting homebrew im not sure Atmosphere can do "all this and more". The point of Atmosphere is homebrew, right? We can get that with TX, so i dont see what "more" could be. Still, is free tho, so +1 for that.

Reactions: carlito1095t

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow you're an idiot if you think I'm a part of tx team
I got the faq from max console and decided to share it here. What are you even on about?

Most people like me who pre-ordered are excited and rightly so.
I might be an idiot, but what exactly made you even more happy that you preordered software with this faq? I'm genuinely curious because I think you were just using figure of speech because the faq was as lackluster as the first.

But seriously, I don't understand the benefit in preordering software. You realize the dongle is pretty useless without it? it's like a mini computer that has nothing on it at all. The software and the license is the unique part. I just never preorder games, because I don't see the benefit but you seem even more satisfied given this faq.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
idk what youre talking about

I'm saying people hype their own stuff, it's human nature.

There is absolutely nothing out there right now that is on tier with this.

This isn't out either.

No reason for people to believe that atmosphere will have backup launching. This is the only option.

Right, but there is also no reason to believe that atmosphere won't get all the same functionality as SX OS. Pre-orders are driven by Fear Of Missing out as nobody can predict the future.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: MaxAni

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
It could be my lack of knowledge in this, but without emuNAND if you are on a lower firmware how will you play newer games without updating? About making informed decisions, it's 25 dollars not exactly breaking the bank but I see absolutely no reason to clamor for this.

Thats true but if you are getting TX License/dongle whats the point on staying low? Their product is based on the idea to use their dongle to load CFW. Softmod CFW could be a thing but we dont know when and how hard it would be.

WillFeng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Got a question.
According to the Q&A, TX notice us that we will get banned if you play online game.
But TX also says we could connect to the sever to upgrade the console system and even the games.. without alerting us we might get banned in this way.

So, does that mean, I wont get banned if I connect to internet to download update information for a game? what about going the eshop to purchase DLC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol