Two questions. n3ds and gateway. \(^__^)/

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Online, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Online
    OP

Online GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2015
    Is it safe to update Gateway emunand to latest version? What will happen if I do? Will my emunand brick?

and

How do you play DSroms using the Blue Gateway card on the n3ds model? I want to learn so I don't screw up settings and stuff

Thanks.

2. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    on the N3DS emunand is only supported up to version 9.5.0
    And you'll need to install bluecardfix.cia to sysnand to use the blue card

Online likes this.
  3. Online
    OP

Online GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2015
    got it Thank you!

4. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Caveats:

1. Don't EVER update from eShop. This will update sysNAND
    2. Don't EVER click "Run system update" if the system prompts you. This will update sysNAND - This only happens when the files have been downloaded to the unit, and the prompt only comes up once every 24 hours. There's a way to get rid of it, but I forget how.

ALWAYS Go into System Settings in emuNAND, verify you see "GW" in front of your version number, then go to Other Options > System Update. This will update your emuNAND.
    Note: When you enter system settings in emuNAND, once you exit, you will be booted to sysNAND. Keep this in mind also as accidental sysNAND updates have occurred from this too.

Edit: If you have N3DS, you can't do the above until latest version is supported. Instead you need to download the 9.5.0-23 files as LameBoy mentioned with 3DNUS and run SysUpdater to install them.

Online likes this.
  5. Online
    OP

Online GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2015
    Thanks for that info. There's just 1 other thing I can't seem to figure out,

how do I install bluecardfix.cia to sysnand :( ??

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    go to the GW menu, hold X when your over "boot gateway mode", the text will change to "boot sysnand gateway mode" (or something like that), hit A while still holding X and it will give you a warning about booting into sysnand just hit ok, then use dev menu to install bluecardfix.cia

Online likes this.