Two For One

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by TwinBlades, Mar 16, 2009.

Mar 16, 2009

Two For One by TwinBlades at 9:46 PM (656 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Is it possible to use WPA but use some kind of software on the computer to make it WEP so the DS can acces? This maybe confusing but wat I'm trying to say is keep it in WPA but make it WEP for the DS? I heard that the WEP is weaker and anyone can hack into our network under 3MIN (read from lots of article). I dont want to risk that even thought my dad installed like 5 different virus/firewall/hackerfree/ etc programs.

2. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Forgot to mention, can anyone from another location hack into our interweb? No matter where they are or do they have to be near the wifi signal?

3. lil-devil

Member lil-devil GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    paranoid much?
    1. No unless you use a usb wifi dongle which that way you can just plug it in when you want to go online and also the nintendo one online allows nintendo product to connect to it tho im sure theres a way around it to let normal computers to connect to it =]
    2. read number 1
    3. Yes it is, i can crack it in about a min as long as it's being used =] proby shorter for people with faster computers =]
    4. the only reason people hack into your network is to steal your internet and use it for pay per *mb/gb* stuff so installing all those stuffs are more or less useless [​IMG] well not useless but doesn't stop hackers [​IMG]
    5. Yes, they just have to trace down an ip, but this is a lot harder but still do able
    6. yes from anywhere in the wold, good Oooo internet =]