Hacking Two annoying problems with akaio 1.8.1

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In short, not sure where else I can share this, or if there's somewhere I can submit a bug report to the AKAIO devs to hopefully get it addressed.

I went from 1.7.1 to 1.8.1, in part because some of the newer games required it (and the Bypass Antipiracy options absent in 1.7.1). Well, with AKAIO in general, I can't hop from app to app anymore like I used to, and appreciated with the acekard loader and akaio previously. I can soft-reset back to akaio after loading a game fine, but then if I reload the same game, or load a different one, it just black screens. It doesn't matter if it's homebrew, a real game, or anything. The same thing happens every time and it's pretty annoying to say the least.
hate2.gif
Given that I usually liked to switch back and forth between games on a whim, this rather gets in the way of doing just that.

Second issue, pertaining specifically to Sonic Colors. For whatever reason, even after enabling the bypass AP and stuff specifically to its ROM, it won't seem to "hold" any save data or progress. Each new time I reload the game from scratch, I run the risk of simply having to start from scratch as well, and lately the game won't even let me off the initial 'planet' to explore the others, even after meeting the requirements to open up the other areas.
closedeyes.gif

HWID I have is 44, so it is a legit Acekard 2i, so I don't know what the deal or problem is here.
unsure.gif

*EDIT* On a somewhat related note, one thing that's rather annoying is how the akaio never seems to "respect" the configured settings in the ini file, whether I change them internally from the loader, or within the .ini file on my computer. Has there been any remedy to that?

Invghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sonic Colors was never fixed by 1.8.1, and neither was golden sun dark dawn or 999.

You'll have to wait for AKAIO to release a non DS destroying release of 1.8.2 lol.

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually Golden sun is workin fine?
I was just playin the other day... o.o

1.8.2 was messed up
It bricked carts
DO NOT UPDATE IF YOU CAN EVEN FIND IT
You have a slight chance of bricking your AK

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invghost said:
Sonic Colors was never fixed by 1.8.1, and neither was golden sun dark dawn or 999.
I can confirm that Golden Sun works perfectly fine with AAP enabled.

As for your problems with AKAIO 1.8.1, codezer0, the next release should fix Sonic Colors without even needing AAP mode enabled since it was fixed in the problematic 1.8.2. The AAP feature was also improved, aside from some conflicts the AKAIO team was not aware of that led to bricking incidents. I suggest waiting for the new version of AKAIO to be released or patching the Sonic Colors ROM and turning AAP off.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late bump, but had to say...

Thank god, 1.8.5 fixed my problems, and I can hop from game to game again
biggrin.gif

Just wish I could hop from homebrew to homebrew as well. but hell this is already a lot better than I was before.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In short, if I'm say running snemul or jenesisDS or NESDS, I can't soft-reset back to akaio; I gotta turn it off and back on again. Even though last I checked, I did set some kind of option for a homebrew reset; I went with IRQ hook if I remember correctly.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... my three emu's are snemulDS, jEnesisDS, and nesDS... neither IRQ or SWI hooks will allow me to soft-reset back to the loader.

Eh... compared to not being able to hop from games at all in 1.8.1, I'll deal with it for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.