• Start date
  • Views 8,102
  • Replies 31
D

Deleted User

OP
Source
screenshot_236784.jpg

Remember seeing Super Mario Galaxy in 720p and praying to the stars Nintendo would see it and give us a bloody HD-capable Wii? That was cool. This is cooler.

That was simply SMG running in a higher screen resolution. But here, someone has taken a hammer and chisel to Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and swapped out the actual textures for high-resolution ones that pack far more detail than the game originally does. The results are stunning.

The shots on this page are taken from the GameCube version of the game running on an emulator, and show before and after comparisons of the ninja work being done by Emutalk forum member 'AaronLite'.

Before...
screenshot_236787_thumb300.jpg

After...
screenshot_236786.jpg

One shows a completely retextured bridge, and the other a complete overhaul of a forest scene with new grass, new textures on the tree, the fence and, basically, everything. This is quite possibly close to what the game would have looked like if it were on a high-end console like PS3 or 360.

Roll on the Wii HD.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've come to a point where I like my games to look like games so I'm actually happy with the Wii being underpowered. Just get rid of the jagged lines and it'll be perfect for me.

What there is in the sources pics could probably be done on the Wii, this was a GC port after all.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fuck, this is awesome! Man, I'd love to replay Twilight Princess with those textures.
Too bad my computer can't handle GC emulation, let alone with those HD textures.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
them guys at emutalk are some talented retexturers. i followed for a long time before i got my wii, all i had was pc with emulators. well i had segacd and dreamcast, but thats not the point.

i might play through some games on emulators if they get retextured. that would be cool.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Crazzy1 said:
I WANT EET.
Except it's for the Wii
ohnoes.png
I has a Gamecube
ohnoes.png
Actually, you can run it using the Dolphin Emulator.
The actual Wii won't work with it.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
Crazzy1 said:
I WANT EET.
Except it's for the Wii
ohnoes.png
I has a Gamecube
ohnoes.png
Actually, you can run it using the Dolphin Emulator.
The actual Wii won't work with it.
That's not true, the wii version's textures are lacking in quality just because it was a straight port of the gamecube version.
You could realistically create higher-res textures for the wii version, then USB load it as such. Not necessarily HD though since you'll still be limited to VGA resolution, but it'd look much better.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Looks great! Perhaps the next time I return to Twilight Princess, it'll be enough time that I've upgraded my computer to be powerful enough to handle this and I can play it with Bluetooth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte