Twilight Hack - I hate to ask

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WildWon, Nov 4, 2008.

Nov 4, 2008

Twilight Hack - I hate to ask by WildWon at 1:33 PM (1,448 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Hey guys,

I did the Twilight Hack a while back and installed one of the original HBC's (honestly, i don't remember which), and things were working great.
    Then, when the novelty wore off, my Wii started collecting dust.

So now, i decided to get into whats going on now in the scene, and i turned on the Wii and just removed the HBC channel that was there (this was before Wad Manager was available, when i put it on), but i didn't remove the wad, i just del'd the channel.

So i got the jfjfjf pack thats listed on another thread, but now, when i try to run anything via the Twilight Hack, as Link runs back, the screen goes black, and info flashes by, but it always stops at "Loading Binary..." (or something like that, sorry, not in front of me) but goes no further.

I've tried all sorts of .elfs (and .dols, just to try different options heh) and they all lock.

Now, a question - I have a release day Wii, and i had run the Twilight Hack when it had first appeared. Do i need to change the save file to a newer hack?
    (i have NOT updated to 3.3... i believe... i say that because i don't have net access at home, and i haven't for months. Also, i didn't have the wii directly connected. I *WILL* check that tonight, and i'll do the newer hack if need be, but i didn't look because i didn't think mine updated.)
    But if i'm not at 3.3, do newer .elfs need a newer TH?

Anyhoo, if others have faced this same problem, and theres a thread, please point me to it. I did do a quick check and didn't see a thread, so i apologize if i'm just a tard [​IMG]

Thanks Tempers! You kick ass.

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    you require the new files.... from homebrew channel website..

3. WildWon
    OP

United States
    I'll check this beast out and see what happens. Thanks!

4. WildWon
    OP

United States
    This isn't meant as a bump but more as a followup.

Djdynamite, thanks! Snagged the new HBC (and the twilight hack beta) and it all installed wonderfully. I was actually still running on the Twilight Hack Alpha, and once i got beta and the new pieces, everything has been working like a charm.

Now, to start working with other aspects of installing things (wads work wonderfully, and its the first time i've delved into that little area, so much fun [​IMG]

So, thanks for the help dj! You kick ass (even if it was an exasperated answer [​IMG] [​IMG])

5. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    No problem mate, its just easier to search google to be honest,
    Got to say I am a CHEEKY C*NT when it comes to giving some HELP lol [​IMG]
    At least I Help, but I do have to give some Crude comments to such stupid questions hehe

6. WildWon
    OP

United States
    Where the problem was though, is that i HAD the hack installed. Then i del'd the HBC and nothing else was installing using my current TH. And where Google is a wonderful tool, when was the last time a google search actually brought up useful info. Especially when there are other spesific problems for which you're looking for answers? I get fed up with Google.

And we have a wonderful forum here, so i figger i'll ask here, and if something helps, cool, if not, i'll explain better [​IMG]

Also, notice that i willingly accepted the burn with a smile, because i know its a overasked question. But i DID try to work through it myself (for about 2 hours, and it ended with a GC controller being hucked at the ground with decent speed when things weren't working.)

All in all, thank you, and don't be surprised if i ask another "common" question later on [​IMG]

7. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    LOL, HAHAHA [​IMG]
    We all get angry sometimes, mainly when i try sorting through cables down the back of the t.v. so much elec equipment, doesn't help when the cats mess about every so often, they get a good lift off and punch through the Air lol, the lass doesn't like it too much haha. (usually the F**k about with my 5.1 speaker wires!). such a wind up.

8. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    djdynamite123 throws a bit of a wobble from time to time but in the end he knows his stuff and hes a good guy to help you out.
    Once he sees you doing a bit of work for yourself he will usually give you the answer - its the lazy feckers that get most of the abuse.

9. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    Got it in one djtaz lol [​IMG]

10. WildWon
    OP

United States
    Well, i'm getting older, and i'm learning about why old people suck for tech type things... my mind can't wrap around certain things anymore, and i've had to ask that "How do i do this?" question a lot more in the past year or so than in the past :\

But, on the upside, i try to work it out myself before i just ask "CAN I PLAYZ GBA GAMES ON MY R4?!" or "HOW CAN I PLAY N64 GAMEZ ON MY CYCLO?!" [​IMG]

But now that we're on that topic..... KIDDING.

And yea, i can see that Dynamite knows his stuff. I"ve seen just shy of a metric shit-ton of his posts recently, but they're all on topic (albeit maybe a bit flamey sometimes, but not w/out merit), and actually helpful (a combo you don't see a lot on other forums anymore [​IMG])

Keep up the helpful/painful work Dynamite! You got a thumbs up in my book (at this point [​IMG])

11. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    cheers, there wont be NO change from my posts lol [​IMG]

12. WildWon
    OP

United States
    Hahaha, wouldn't expect it [​IMG]