Homebrew Twilight Boxart I delete my data.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,635
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
Information:

Console: Nintendo DSi XL 1.4.5 U.

Twilight Menu version: v16.6.0.

Twilight Boxart version: 0.7.

Explanation: A few days ago, I was thinking about introducing Boxarts to the games I had in the Twilight Menu, so I started looking. Whenever I was looking for where to get Boxarts for Twilight Menu, people recommended Twilight Boxart, so I downloaded it to try. Once downloaded, I proceeded to open the program, configure it, put the SD in, scan it and start it. After a few minutes, the program throws an error (I think it said that the location could not be found, I do not remember), I closed it so that another appears, and then another, another, another and so on until the program "finished downloading the Boxarts ". After those errors I am going to check my SD, only to find the unfortunate result ... I delete all my data, other than that Windows forced me to format my SD in order to use it ...

I would appreciate someone with experience on this, to answer if it was the program or an "external agent" that caused this loss of data to the SD. If not, I would appreciate if someone could recommend a page to download the Boxarts manually.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
TwilightBoxart never deletes any files, it's simply not in the code. It will only (over)write boxart files and that's it. It seems more likely that the excessive writes to the SD have caused it to corrupt.

If you want to try a 'safer' way you could point the output location to another location (not your SD) and copy the files manually later on, but it would only be extra work without any real benefit. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.