Hacking twilgiht hack and banner bomb

ibmer08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello i recently bought a wii which is already soft modified.. i think it has twilight hack for i have browsed the wii saved games and found a twilight hack save.. on my channel screen i have one channel called val chip and i use it to play backup games.. i dont have the homebrew channel.. my question is.. can i install bannerbomb along with the twilight hack? and also can i install new wad files on my wii knowing it is already soft modified?? thank you!! i will really appreciate the help..
wacko.gif

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
bannerbomb and twilight hack are two separate hacks. They don't interfere with each other. So you can have them both if you want.
Personnaly I'd rather use only one of them (either use twilight hack or remove it and "install" bannerbomb) having them both seems silly...
Be careful, depending on your wii system menu version (>= 4.0) twilight hack may not work.
For your 2nd question, the only fact that your wii is softmodded don't prevent you from installing new wads, you just have to know :
- what version is your wii system menu ?
- what cIOS do you have to install them ?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well the twilight hack is pretty useless unless you have Twilight Princess and are also on a lower system menu version. I'd recommend using bannerbomb, it'll work and you don't need a wii game to launch it.

Personally I'd start over and follow a guide like this one. At least you'll know what you are putting on your wii.

ibmer08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my system menu is 3.1u.. i dont know what cios i have installed.. im really noob on this kind of things.. but if i install bannerbomb.. is it ok to install it on my current system menu? and also can i install usbloader if i have bannerbomb? and how do i install channels?? sorry for the very noobish questions..

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First of all you should install the Homebrew Channel, by running the Hackmii installer. The Hackmii installer can be started with Bannerbomb.
Next i would install a cIOS249 (rev14). After that you can copy apps like USB Loader or Wad Manager to the apps folder on your sd card and run them through the HBC.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wow, u guys are sad... lol

there r 4 exploits (Twilight, BannerBomb, SmashStack and Indiana Pwns), and they each accomplish the same thing. All they do is launch the boot.dol or the boot.elf which is saved in the root of your sd card. This is usually the hackmii installer boot.elf file.

So launching an exploit does NOTHING, the wii uses the exploit to launch an app... so there are no compatibility issues because the exploits do not install anything themselves!

now there IS a compatibility issue if you had cioscorp 3.5 or below (there is v3.6 now) installed then try to run the hackmii installer, u will notice an invulnerable ios 'error'. If you get this error, search the threads for an answer, I've answered that Q at least 4 times in the past.

anyways, its all good, we were all noobs once

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-