wiequadrat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
well i guess the title of the topic itself should be add "warning spoiler" since some post with spoiler didn't have spoiler tag. just my 2 cent
cool.gif

btw just want to ask again. there's a limit of 200 pin but it seems weird that the scroll bar still can go through many rows beyond 200. after i finished week 3 will the limit be enlarge? or do i have to do (buy) something?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiequadrat said:
btw just want to ask again. there's a limit of 200 pin but it seems weird that the scroll bar still can go through many rows beyond 200. after i finished week 3 will the limit be enlarge? or do i have to do (buy) something?
I'm assuming you're talking about Stockpile pins. For Mastered pins, there's one slot for every pin type.

I don't think there's any way to increase the max number of stockpile pins you can carry. The most it will let you have is 200.

I think that the reason there are more than 200 slots, is so that you don't get screwed if you're near the 200 limit and you get a bunch of pins from a battle. It's not that uncommon to chain 6 or 7 battles together and end up with 30 - 40 pins from it.

If you go over 200, the next time you're in the pin menu, the game will tell you that you are over the limit. You'll get a message like "You're over the 200 pin limit on stockpiled pins. Get rid of 7 pins" Something like that.

So the extra slots on the stockpile menu are there to let you choose which pins you want to get rid of. That's my take anyway. Could be wrong. I'm not 100% finished with all the post-game stuff yet.

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serabii said:
pnut said:
Anyone know the importance of setting an item when you mingle? Does a different item mean a different level of aliens coming?

nope aliens are randomly generated and items (standardly) equip on mingle only pops out in your virtual store, thus let your friend buy...

JJBro1 said:
how do you make shiki more effective without spamming the d pad? Or is that the only way?

spamming is the only way, shiki's attack pattern is very recognizable (unless you equip an item that changes tho) but nonetheless her attack pattern is like a trident, unlike Beat and Joashua's

QUOTE(pnut @ May 22 2008, 03:13 AM)
I have a question about the decks. Sometimes if I hit L or R, some of my pins change to one that I had in another deck.... It seems random though. Anyone got ideas on what and how this works?

It just selects the sub pins you set in the menu during battles. These sub pins is for pins that often use by accident.

for example you got love me tether and angel magnum and you want to use angel magnum but executes Love me tether but if you set either one of them to sub then it'll not execute either one at the same time.

setting sub pins is easy just go on any of your filled pin decks (1-4) and highlight what you want to sub then click on L or R and there will be a (sub) sign over the pin you selected.. and there you go. During battle when sub pins are set they are highlighted as off or in an transparent color, it will only be activated when L or R is pushed.

Thank you for the wealth of information!

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you raise bravery, and post spoilers in your posts cuz i got super duper spoiled by some guy replying on here that
joshua shoots neku
with out any spoiler warnings, and when i read that i just started the 1st joshua chapter, grrr im so mad!

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you use
joshua
effectively. It was easy with shiki cuz all i did was spam the dpad but with
Joshua
i actually have to know what im doing and its hard to concentrate on him and neku at the same time. BTW what difficulty do you guys play on?

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JJBro1 said:
how do you use
joshua
effectively. It was easy with shiki cuz all i did was spam the dpad but with
Joshua
i actually have to know what im doing and its hard to concentrate on him and neku at the same time. BTW what difficulty do you guys play on?
You have to be a bit good with Math?

I thought Joshua was the easiest compared to Shiki and Beat...>_>

wiequadrat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thank you again for answering.

and one more question please. if i want to master all the pin, do i have to master the pin that evolve too, meaning i have to force master the pin using the wrong methods. or evolving the pin meaning i will have 2 mastery on two pin automatically?

Grandleon82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you have to master each and every pin INDIVIDUALLY. if you master ice risers (evolution of ice blow) that only counts as one mastered pin. so yeah, you will have to force master it using non-evolution methods.

wiequadrat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
i think you can buy it at joshua week day 3 or 4 but of course you will miss the 3rd fushion of joshua since both of the upgrade required 2 scalatite..... just don't buy useless sticker until you have all the slots upgrades.

maz-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe the sticker is still available during the third week, so there's no rush in buying it..though it certainly helps to buy it ASAP.

D

Deleted User

ok, first off, i didn't want to start a new thread for help for this game, but i need help. and the spoilers in this thread are absolutely awful. I think I almost had the game ruined for me more than several times. So excuse me if my question was answered, but I only lightly skimmed the pages here in fear of having everything ruined. Can we have a non spoilers thread or something?

Anywho. I am having severe trouble with the battle system in this game. I have trouble just controlling Neku only. I Just got to I think the second chapter, right after

neku almost kills shiki or whatever her name is

I had a lot of trouble with beating the three wolves after polishing the Hakama(sp?) statue, and then even more with the battle after that. Am I missing something with how this battle system works?

Also, I am having a hell of a time dodging with Neku. I just seem to die all the time against what should be easy noise because I don't really understand fully how to dodge. It seems like he only dodges about half the time I try.

Also, how the hell do you all actually go about controlling the top screen character. I can barely handle the bottom screen, let alone two at once!

Flameburst

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you get the healing thing yet? If you did put in in a slot and use it when you're dying. I personally like close range weapons since you just slash to attack. I play on manual for the top screen since i glance up every so often while spamming the keys. If you really can't control the top, set it to autoplay in the menu and just watch the bottom screen.

D

Deleted User

Flameburst said:
Did you get the healing thing yet? If you did put in in a slot and use it when you're dying. I personally like close range weapons since you just slash to attack. I play on manual for the top screen since i glance up every so often while spamming the keys. If you really can't control the top, set it to autoplay in the menu and just watch the bottom screen.

I got the cure drink, and I set that to one of my pin slots, and it helps, but sometimes I still seem to just get owned. Any suggestions on dodging? That seems to be my main problem. If I could just effectively avoid attacks, I could probably do a lot better.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RomanHelmet said:
Flameburst said:

I got the cure drink, and I set that to one of my pin slots, and it helps, but sometimes I still seem to just get owned. Any suggestions on dodging? That seems to be my main problem. If I could just effectively avoid attacks, I could probably do a lot better.
Really the only way to dodge would be to put the stylus on Neku and drag him around the screen. Don't lift it up.

As far as your top screen, just set it to Auto:Fast for a while and ignore it until you are more familiar with the battle mechanics of your top screen player.

Other than that, you need to eat a lot of food to get your attack and defense up.

As for attack, at that point in the game I relied heavily on a slasher that would knock the enemy back with it's finishing move. Do you have Masamune yet (No 81)? If not, I think it's sold in 104. You could always cheat with the DS's calendar and evolve it using SDPP. I think you can get it all the way to Yoshimitsu just by altering the DS's calendar a few times. I can clarify that process further if that doesn't make sense.

Really, if you're slashing with a knock-back finisher, you shouldn't need to dodge all that much at that point in the game. If you find your pins are running out too fast, then make sure you're using them up completely before you switch attacks. So slash until it's gone, then shoot the noise with a penetrating beam until your slasher resets. Throw in an ice pillar if you still need more time. You'll get the hang of it before long.

Hope that helps some.

D

Deleted User

thanks a lot szyslak. I have been forcing myself to battle a little bit more over the past hour, and I think it's coming a little better. I just got my fusion pin from that one dude, and I'm starting to understand how to control the keypaths for shiki. This battle system is really deep. I think once I get the hang of it, it's gonna be really awesome.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I misinterpreted how far you were. You probably don't have access to a good slasher yet. You will soon though, and more of what I said aove will be applicable. You'll also get access to "Easy" mode, which you can switch on and off at any time. So if you have difficulty in a particular area, eat some food, battle on easy for a while, then switch back.

And you're right about the depth of the battle system. That's part of what kept me playing for so long. The Pin Evolution system is even deeper, and can really get addictive if you're not careful.

Just keep playing till you get better pins and farther in the story. If you give this game a chance, it really is incredible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...