TWEWY Freezes after tutorial

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Sykes19, Nov 9, 2009.

Nov 9, 2009

TWEWY Freezes after tutorial by Sykes19 at 10:35 PM (1,322 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Sykes19
    OP

Newcomer Sykes19 Newbie

United States
    I'm running a clean The World Ends With You on my M3i Zero (on a DSi) with Sakura v1.43. I don't have any bizarre settings like cheats, soft reset, or anything. Every time I complete the tutorial with the frogs and it plays the cut scene, it locks up as soon as my character passes the guy with the gray hood. I searched the forums for this problem, and I found people who had the same problem, but with another card (G6), and a firmware update fixed it. I got my card just a couple days ago, so I'm assuming my firmware is up to date. Those threads were over a year old though, and they all died off with people still asking for help.

Anybody know what could be wrong? I had just formatted my card before I put the ROM on here.

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Keeping opening and closing the lid of your DSi really fast and you should get past the freezing.

3. Sykes19
    OP

Newcomer Sykes19 Newbie

United States
    HAHAHA! SERIOUSLY!? I'm sorry, that's the most hilarious fix I've ever heard of [​IMG] Hahaha. A'ight I'll try that. Thanks for the quick reply.

4. cooldudechand

Member cooldudechand GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Did it work for you.... because for me many gamez freezes

5. burp61

Newcomer burp61 Member

United States
    wat microsd card do you have

6. Sykes19
    OP

Newcomer Sykes19 Newbie

United States
    Actually the next time I tried it it didn't lock up. To be honest though, around that time I switched from a crappy 1GB Class 2 card to a Jap 4GB Class 4, and that might have been what fixed it. It hasn't locked up on my since, and I'm almost at the end. Could very well be the SD card.

7. TrainerAbu

Member TrainerAbu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It always freezes for me at that point, too. Even if I close and open the lid a bunch. It takes too long to get there for me to try it more than the 4 times I have. I wish it didn't do that T_T.

8. Sykes19
    OP

Newcomer Sykes19 Newbie

United States
    Oh! I know what I did; I formatted my card. I still don't know if I switched to the class 4 card at that point or not, but I recommend formatting your SD card using a non-windows formatting program. (I used Panasonic's SDFormatter).

9. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    It should work. Are you doing it correctly?

10. burp61

Newcomer burp61 Member

United States
    @trainerabu try using a better sd card or try formatting it with the panasonic sd formatter as sykes suggested.