OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soggypizza.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Canada
I recall a certain introductory video from E3 '11 where the Game switched to the controller while some sports went up on the TV..
Can we safely assume that TVii can be used at the same time as at least some games? [those that don't absolutely need 2 screens]
perhaps this is what some that 1GB for the OS is for?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm...hold on a second, there. You can watch television while playing games (or: one person watching television with the other one gaming). Games that don't require both screens.

In addition to that, that TVii is some sort of advanced television guide/VCR/video on demand service. From what I've seen, these are mostly touchscreen controlled (with the television screen not doing too much until you actually select something to play). And that automatically makes it pretty hard to play games at that same time.

However, once you've got something set up to be played...I think it'll be possible. Using netflix to stream something to your television while at the same time using your controller for a one-screen game. I haven't seen it confirmed...but it is about the only reason I can think of why the OS may need that amount of memory.

BornInBlack

GangnamTemp
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soggypizza.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Erm...hold on a second, there. You can watch television while playing games (or: one person watching television with the other one gaming). Games that don't require both screens.

Precisely, it was one of the main points they brought up in 2011, how past systems 'hog' the tv and wii u changes that, however it was way before TVii was announced. most likely in production though

In addition to that, that TVii is some sort of advanced television guide/VCR/video on demand service. From what I've seen, these are mostly touchscreen controlled (with the television screen not doing too much until you actually select something to play). And that automatically makes it pretty hard to play games at that same time.

Yea the UI is centered around the pad, but look at the 3ds: it allowed you to 'pause' at any time via the home menu- only you were limited to the system apps from there. maybe TVii is one of WiiU's system app, or better yet Wii U can handle more than 1 app that demands more than just a system app a la 3DS

However, once you've got something set up to be played...I think it'll be possible. Using netflix to stream something to your television while at the same time using your controller for a one-screen game. I haven't seen it confirmed...but it is about the only reason I can think of why the OS may need that amount of memory.

My thoughts exactly

I'm guessing this is a: Maybe?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the whole idea was that people could watch something on the actual TV while you play games using the Wii U gamepad. That doesn't necessarily mean you can play videos on the Wii U while playing games at the same time. But who knows? We'll see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?