Hacking Tutorial to using USB Loader v1.1 and FAQs

Prawnmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find the original questions or an answer to it:
Is it possible to copy WBFS formatted iso's from one USB drive to another? I filled up a 60GB drive and rather than have to rip them all again I'd like to copy to another USB drive...
Thanks in advance!

reginator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for answering me TJ. I was slow to find out about all this USB loader stuff, and there wasn't really anything actually explaining what it can and can not do. I have another question still though, can you play say, PAL games like Distaster: DoC and so on on an NTSC wii like this through the USB loader? If not, is there a way of making that work? I've never had access to a dvd burner so i never really bothered to learn how to play backups before, and if the USB loader is as easy as it sounds, thats totally amazing.

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Still having problems with that damn USB Loader: everything works fine, I can format the partition via the PC and add games via the PC, but when I connect the hard drive to my Wii, I recognizes the partition, but it says "No Games found!", altough I've added 2 of them on my PC.
Help?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Egonny said:
Still having problems with that damn USB Loader: everything works fine, I can format the partition via the PC and add games via the PC, but when I connect the hard drive to my Wii, I recognizes the partition, but it says "No Games found!", altough I've added 2 of them on my PC.
Help?

Not sure if it will make any difference but I thought most people were using the Wii to format the the HDD but adding the games via a PC - that seemed to work best.

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to get online play working while using a USB LAN adapter? I get an error 51420 at best and a game freeze at worst, and this is true for every game with online compatibility I've tried.

While I'm at it, is there a mod that adds Gamecube controller compatibility?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
referencer said:
Does anyone know how to get online play working while using a USB LAN adapter? I get an error 51420 at best and a game freeze at worst, and this is true for every game with online compatibility I've tried.

NO VERSION currently available of USBLoader (original code or mod) lets you use the LAN adapter. If you use USB Loader you have to go as far as deleting the wired lan settings and, possibly, disabling WiiConnect 24.

AmitZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I've got a problem, I installed everything correctly and I can run brawl, but it seems to freeze at certain points... I tried removing and adding it again but no luck...
Any advices?

wiico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's asked before...

But does this usbloader do a scrubb action on the orginal discs when it's dumped on the HDD?

SO... does it brickblock?

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
AdamBrunt said:
Egonny said:
Help?

Not sure if it will make any difference but I thought most people were using the Wii to format the the HDD but adding the games via a PC - that seemed to work best.
Yeaeh, but when I format it with my Wii, it doesn't get recognized by my PC.

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Egonny said:
AdamBrunt said:
Egonny said:
Help?

Dunno if this only works for me, but...

Try to reformat it to FAT or something else. Then, install the driver of the HDD/Pendrive via Windows Vista NORMALLY (plug&play). Then, format it WBFS via Wii. When you reconnect it in Windows, it should recognize it normally, but you won't be able to open it since it's seen as "raw". That way you can dump games via PC.

Although I'm getting RET -16 when trying to load any games from my Kingston 16GB Data Traveler 100, and I did this method... I'm trying to dump the games directly from Wii to see if that's the problem... Edit: Nope... Now I'm getting a black screen... My oh my... Back to the scratchboard...

BTW, does any1 knows what Ret -16 means? It says: could not boot game Ret -16...

Mr.BS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Egonny said:
AdamBrunt said:
Egonny said:
Help?

I'm having the same problems, tried it both ways.....
sad.gif

Using Ubuntu here and a 120Gb Maxtor hdd.

My guess is this has to do with wbfs....in a terminal, i can't get it to do anything, so i used wbfs-wrapper-3.0 and that one worked, but only on PC not on Wii...??
cry.gif

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
--JoCa-- said:
Egonny said:
AdamBrunt said:
Egonny said:
Help?

Dunno if this only works for me, but...

Try to reformat it to FAT or something else. Then, install the driver of the HDD/Pendrive via Windows Vista NORMALLY (plug&play). Then, format it WBFS via Wii. When you reconnect it in Windows, it should recognize it normally, but you won't be able to open it since it's seen as "raw". That way you can dump games via PC.

Although I'm getting RET -16 when trying to load any games from my Kingston 16GB Data Traveler 100, and I did this method... I'm trying to dump the games directly from Wii to see if that's the problem... Edit: Nope... Now I'm getting a black screen... My oh my... Back to the scratchboard...

BTW, does any1 knows what Ret -16 means? It says: could not boot game Ret -16...
I have 1 problem: the problem between PC and Wii. Formatting my hard drive on the Wii works, even extracting from DVD's and playing works, but since I'm outta DVD's and I don't wanna waste any more DVD's, I wanna add games via the PC. Now that partition gets recognized by the PC as unallocated space. Do you know anything to help me?

mikesmithy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've set up everything, can import drive to my harddrive, but when I try to load them it just hangs forever. It says that it's loading the game but it doesn't move again.

Is anybody else having this issue?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Need some help with GUI problems. I have formatted my near full drive twice already. It getting really annoying not having any GUI detect my drive. I have formatted via USB loader and command line neither ways work. I have tried multiple GUIs and nothing works. I formatted to WBFS from NTFS and FAT32 and nothing works. Does anyone know why my drive isn't detected by any GUI?

fastnlow93teg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those people like myself who kept getting the Could not initialize USB subsystem(ret=-6) Press any button to restart. error....

This is what I did after a few days of nonstop errors...I went thru and kept reinstalling everything, including Softmii, etc...Did nothing..this is what I did...Hopefully it will help someone else too..I have downgraded to 3.2 and am using Softmii in case that helps...

I went back and used the downgrader app to go back and run with a fresh untouched 3.2 firmware-no hacks enabled.. Then reinstalled the IOS36-64-v1042.wad via NETWORK, all the other times i installed it from my SD..I did NOTHING else..Plugged in my maxtor 500gig, opened USB loader 1.1, and wohoo, it WORKS!!! I have ripped a few of my games already.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zonix said:
As stated above.
Is it possible to put games on the USB memory without having the discs?

Yes if you have the downloaded ISO files on your computer you can use a GUI to add them to your usb drive.

Minho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Zonix said:
As stated above.
Is it possible to put games on the USB memory without having the discs?

Yes if you have the downloaded ISO files on your computer you can use a GUI to add them to your usb drive.

so i dont have to create a back-up from original disks myself?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro