Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
thanks for the quick response!

I reformated it with windows and tried it again but it´s still the same.

I made a picture from the menu in the loader, hope this helps.

Picture

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shirio said:
thanks for the quick response!

I reformated it with windows and tried it again but it´s still the same.

I made a picture from the menu in the loader, hope this helps.

Picture

Thats really weird. Are you using the USB loader from my file pack?

The only other thing i could think of is that something in your USB stick is corrupt, making it misread the size. You could try running error checking, or diagnostics.

If all else fails, try choosing the first choice and see what happens.

Shirio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I started the usb loader from your Pack via the HBC, but there is no difference...

I even tried another (2 GB) Stick and here it wants me to create 899 GB Partitions.. (There are the same values at the partitions 1-4)

I have the 3.2 Firmware but i don´t think that this helps...

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shirio said:
I started the usb loader from your Pack via the HBC, but there is no difference...

I even tried another (2 GB) Stick and here it wants me to create 899 GB Partitions.. (There are the same values at the partitions 1-4)

I have the 3.2 Firmware but i don´t think that this helps...

So it's not the USB Stick's issue.

Maybe there was an issue with the Rev 9 install. You could uninstall it, then reinstall.

Go ahead and try formatting the first choice, and see if it's successful.

Shirio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
ok thanks I try that.

oh yeah, could there be a problem because I have installed the cIOS rev 7 for the backup channel before i installed the usb loader with the rev9? Should i remove the rev 7 separatly?

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shirio said:
ok thanks I try that.

oh yeah, could there be a problem because I have installed the cIOS rev 7 for the backup channel before i installed the usb loader with the rev9? Should i remove the rev 7 separatly?

Rev 9 and Rev 7 are independent. As long as Rev 9 was the last thing you installed, it should be okay.

Shirio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
You mean i should just try the first Partition? hm yeah maybe tomorrow, but now I´m going to sleep.
smile.gif
Anyway meanwhile thanks for your help and I will post the result as soon as I have tried that.

amilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
walter40 said:
amilo said:
coedshowers said:
MrFaust said:
Everytime I launcher the USB Loader 1.1, I get the following error and have not been able to find the meaning of this error yet.

USB loader [+] ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -6)

Any ideas what I am missing?

the ret-6 is hard drive format related i got it on like 5 diff devices untill i finally deleted all the partitions on the device and re-formatted it with fat32.. then it started showing up fine and asking me to "format with wbfs" and no more ret-6 errors... i used a 250gb( seagate in a cheapazz removable bay)
and a 300gb seagate. "

after deleting them and partitioning then in fat32 both are working fine so do that.....

I reformated my 320 gb Buffalo HD to FAT32 and tried again and I am still getting the "USB loader [+] ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -6)" message.
I'm giving up at this stage.Pity because I would have loved to have this feature as my daugther has autism and tends to scratch the discs when trying to play the wii.

Oh well
unsure.gif

"unsure" I hope you won't give up. The ret=6 error was happening to me till I reread the following instructions:
"Prep:
-Extract the usbloader.rar file into the root of your SD card.
-Stick the IOS36-64-v1042.wad file into the root of the SD card.
-Boot the Homebrew Channel, run the IOS installer
-Select "WAD Install", it should install automatically
-Reset Wii"

I did not run IOSCustomInstallerRev9 through the home brew channel at first.
Instead I tried to use wad installer to install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad, that did not work.
Just make sure to have the folders IOSCustomInstallerRev9 and usbloader in the apps folder on the sd card.
Also don't forget to have IOS36-64-v1042.wad sitting in the root directory of the sd card.
Run IOSCustomInstallerRev9 from home brew channel and then goto the usb loader and it should should work.
Perhaps you have already done this, just trying to be helpful.
I have an autistic son.
By the way if you get it working there is a channel "Childproof-Loader.wad" on this forum that should foot the bill once you get all games on through the regular usb loader via hbc.

Walter thank you so much!!Through plain english you have gotten my usb loader up and running!

Thanks a lot my friend,if only others here could get to the basics like you did!!!

Thanks again!!

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Howdy tempers,
Does the Wii support USB multiports?
Both USB ports on my Wii are already occupied, so it's kinda annoying having to swap one out every time I use the loader.
edit- Yeah it does support USB hubs.

I assume I can format a partition of my exHDD and not the whole thing so I can still use it with my PC, is it still necessary to back up files from the rest of my HDD that I won't be using with USBloader?
I still want to be able to use my HDD with windows after all.

Shirio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I finally got it
smile.gif
I formated the stick with the wbfs.exe under windows. This worked just perfect. I already tried to start an ISO and what should I say, couldn´t be better.

Again, thanks for your help!

reginator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can the USB loader play backups/ISOs that have NOT been dumped off your wii? If you place them on the drive from your PC, somehow? And if that is so, would you still need other hacks/programs to play PAL games this way? I'm jealous of anyone who has an easy time with all this stuff...

brucelaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
think this should be added to the faq cause i couldnt find the solution anywhere, but then again it might be here somewhere, just cant keep up with the flood of posts here on gbatemp.

I had problems with alot of games freezing after about 1 min after loading them, and manias was kind enough to help me out, it was a problem with using or having been using usb network adaptor, so i just removed internet and wiiconnect in settings and voila it works like a dream, and since i dont use lan anymore no loss.

bigguyplaying

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i have a question...

i have ios249 installed for my backup launcher .3 gamma, you said i have to get rid of that, does that mean i can't use my backup launcher? thanks in advance

bigguyplaying

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i have a question...

i have ios249 installed for my backup launcher .3 gamma, you said i have to get rid of that, does that mean i can't use my backup launcher? thanks in advance

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
reginator said:
Can the USB loader play backups/ISOs that have NOT been dumped off your wii? If you place them on the drive from your PC, somehow? And if that is so, would you still need other hacks/programs to play PAL games this way? I'm jealous of anyone who has an easy time with all this stuff...
You can use one of the many WBFS GUI tools on this site and place your ISO files on the USB with the pc

QUOTE(bigguyplaying @ Apr 8 2009, 09:41 PM) hey i have a question...

cIOS36r9 is needed for the USB loader, but the backup launcher can use it too
so no need to say goodbye to your launcher yet
smile.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
.TakaM said:
Howdy tempers,
Does the Wii support USB multiports?
Both USB ports on my Wii are already occupied, so it's kinda annoying having to swap one out every time I use the loader.
edit- Yeah it does support USB hubs.

the wii does indeed support USB hubs BUT ... USBloader 1.1 doesn't. The USB HDD must be the only thing plugged into the Wii's USBs slots for USBloader to work.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone explain to me why a kingston 1GB is able to format but a 4GB gets a Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -1).

Doesnt make sense!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1