takuya

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
for information, cios36 rev9 is not compatible with usb mic (animal crossing one)
i have unistall the rev9 (with uninstaller 1.1) and reinstall the rev 7 and mic is ok (under wifi chat on animal crossing)

grakje

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
grakje said:
My loader works (with isos), though it doesn't like to dump games (from Wii), cause it stucks @ 0.00%, and turning off gives a code dump. Any suggestions to bypass?

My Wii has CIOS249, CIOS222, Usb loader 1.1, and both CIOS I've reinstalled, once more.
Bump.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@grakje: did you read the first page?

eiffel9 said:
Opps I suppose i made a noob error of updating to nintendos 4.0 update rather than 4.0E??

If so going to swap with mother in laws wii!!
Why do you want 4.0E? Or do you have a PAL wii?
Anyway, if you didn't install a cIOS before updating, theres nothing you can do atm

grakje

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
@grakje: did you read the first page?

eiffel9 said:
Opps I suppose i made a noob error of updating to nintendos 4.0 update rather than 4.0E??

If so going to swap with mother in laws wii!!
Why do you want 4.0E? Or do you have a PAL wii?
Anyway, if you didn't install a cIOS before updating, theres nothing you can do atm
Of course I did
biggrin.gif

I reinstalled the cIOS, and don't have any mod chips, and still's not working.
So the start post didn't help me further
wink.gif
, though I read it.

eiffel9

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i am pretty sure the cios install all went ok.(how do i check this?) I then thought (to get over the game freezing issue)i would have to update to the current nintendo firmware and did.(i am in the uk and i now have 4.0E on the wii)

is this a problem or do i need a custom firmware to make this usb loader to work or is 4.0E ok?

sorry for the misleading post before.

grakje

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
eiffel9 said:
i am pretty sure the cios install all went ok.(how do i check this?) I then thought (to get over the game freezing issue)i would have to update to the current nintendo firmware and did.(i am in the uk and i now have 4.0E on the wii)

is this a problem or do i need a custom firmware to make this usb loader to work or is 4.0E ok?

You can take AnyTitleDeleterMOD to check if you can see CIOS249.

amilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
amilo said:
Hi all.I'm getting the error Could not initialize USB subsystem(ret=-6) Press any button to restart.

I am a a total loss as to how to fix this.
Ive also tried the usb loader channel with no success.

Can anyone help me PLEASE as I went out and bought a 320GB Bufalo hard drive just for this purpose
unsure.gif

Im not that computer litereate and all these cioses etc have my head spinning so if there is a basic method that would be great.
By the way I have gamma installed and thats working ok.

Can ANYONE please help me with this?Should I just get a new SD card and reinstall everything from scratch?
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
unsure.gif

eiffel9

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
grakje said:
eiffel9 said:

You can take AnyTitleDeleterMOD to check if you can see CIOS249.

I have IOS249 in system titles (There if no letter C before the IOS part)
Pal Wii 4.0E
Homebrew channel
Games show up on usb loader 1.1, they load but freeze when going from menu to gameplay

CaptainN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
grakje said:
CaptainN said:
Does the USB loader block any updates from the game discs? I have a Japanese Wii, and don't want to brick it by a US or PAL game. I currently use GeckoOS (with legal discs), which blocks the updates fine.
Since I can play Mario Power Tennis ntsc on my pal Wii, I think it does
smile.gif
Thanks for the info. Can anyone else confirm that the USB loader automatically blocks any updates on games to prevent bricking?

Reaprar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
chicou said:
Q: I know what a partition is, is there any way for me to repartition my drive without loosing current data?

gparted works
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gparted/

it's a linux boot cd but support all type of fs.

my 0.02$

Chicou
Man, I wish you posted this before I lost all of my work on my HDD D: thanks, though.

QUOTEThanks for the info. Can anyone else confirm that the USB loader automatically blocks any updates on games to prevent bricking?
I was able to run MadWorld (PAL) which I couldn't do in the backup launcher because of the patch that comes with it, so I believe so.

Question: do you have to update to version 4.0 to allow the usb loader to dump from discs using your wii dvd drive? Because this doesn't work for me in version 3.2E, though it will load games from my usb hdd just fine.

grakje

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reaprar said:
Question: do you have to update to version 4.0 to allow the usb loader to dump from discs using your wii dvd drive? Because this doesn't work for me in version 3.2E, though it will load games from my usb hdd just fine.
Interesting theory, since my Wii neither dumps games.. Someone can confirm this?

MrFaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I launcher the USB Loader 1.1, I get the following error and have not been able to find the meaning of this error yet.

USB loader [+] ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -6)

Any ideas what I am missing?

abiectio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I'm having trouble getting the thing to work at all. Installed cIOS, everything works fine with regular backup launcher. However, when I try the USB loader, it gives me nothing. Just the loader, and a black box with no text. I've tried plugging in the devices during the loading, and even before powering on the Wii. I know that one of my USB pendrives is on the compatible list, so it should work, but as I've said, just a black box.

Anybody know what's wrong?

Edit: The only thing I have on my Wii is HBC and cIOS249rev9 on 3.4E

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
abiectio said:
I'm having trouble getting the thing to work at all. Installed cIOS, everything works fine with regular backup launcher. However, when I try the USB loader, it gives me nothing. Just the loader, and a black box with no text. I've tried plugging in the devices during the loading, and even before powering on the Wii. I know that one of my USB pendrives is on the compatible list, so it should work, but as I've said, just a black box.

Anybody know what's wrong?

Edit: The only thing I have on my Wii is HBC and cIOS249rev9 on 3.4E

exact same problem here !
wacko.gif

EDIT : its the hard drive thats the problem !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi