Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
CaptainN said:
Does the USB loader block any updates from the game discs? I have a Japanese Wii, and don't want to brick it by a US or PAL game. I currently use GeckoOS (with legal discs), which blocks the updates fine.
Since I can play Mario Power Tennis ntsc on my pal Wii, I think it does
smile.gif

scoozer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I use a noname Usb Stick with 2GB (PConKey Model ED686Ro) and it did not work at first. The Usb Loader 1.1 showed the USB subsystem! (ret = -1) error.

Now I can use my USB Stick and it works like charm. I can reproduce the method so here's how it works:

1. Load Usb Loader (through HBC Channel) and look at the error message.
2. Now choose to Power Off your wii by pressing the Power Button on the remote. Normally your Wii should crash and show a Exception (at least it happens on my Wii)
3. Hard reset your Wii by holding Power Button on the Wii and reboot it
4. Start Usb Loader through HBC Channel
Now it works

This is how I do it right now. I know its very uncomfortabe but at least it works.
What im interested if this works on somebody else. So please feedback this method works at you.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Venom_Tag said:
Thanks , Dark zero for the answer
Does anyone else know if this will work with the MiiWii package ?
MiiWii Link

No problem.

lol i didn't know what MiiWii was until just now. I'm interested in installing it, but I have Softmii installed.. Compatibility issues bother me. I'm almost positive that USB loader will work with it though, Rev 9 is independent.

Venom_Tag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I didnt know if there would be any compatability issues with MiiWii and Usb loader but thanks for clearing that up
smile.gif

tnt118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a sense if future releases may increase compatibility with non-working hard drives, or if we're looking at a situation where some drives are just impossible to get working? The two I have unfortunately have the (ret = -1) error, and I'd debating if I should try purchasing another drive, or waiting to see if an update increases compatibility.

amilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all.I'm getting the error Could not initialize USB subsystem(ret=-6) Press any button to restart.

I am a a total loss as to how to fix this.
Ive also tried the usb loader channel with no success.

Can anyone help me PLEASE as I went out and bought a 320GB Bufalo hard drive just for this purpose
unsure.gif

Im not that computer litereate and all these cioses etc have my head spinning so if there is a basic method that would be great.
By the way I have gamma installed and thats working ok.

ratpimples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this a known problem? upon loading a game, the screen turns black, and/or it freezes at the startup health screen... thanks.

jse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone managed to get a psp to work?
it is listed as working in the compatabillity
list but it just shows the ret -1 error every
time i boot usb loader, tried formatting it to
fat, fat32 and ntfs and have tried it in both
usb port's but i keep getting ret -1

anyone know what's up

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well now the loader is code dumping over and over, I haven't done anything (except for playing a little of GH:Metallica on a disc), anyone got this and then fixed..?? tell me how...!!
huh.gif

jovanah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
scoozer said:
I use a noname Usb Stick with 2GB (PConKey Model ED686Ro) and it did not work at first. The Usb Loader 1.1 showed the USB subsystem! (ret = -1) error.

Now I can use my USB Stick and it works like charm. I can reproduce the method so here's how it works:

1. Load Usb Loader (through HBC Channel) and look at the error message.
2. Now choose to Power Off your wii by pressing the Power Button on the remote. Normally your Wii should crash and show a Exception (at least it happens on my Wii)
3. Hard reset your Wii by holding Power Button on the Wii and reboot it
4. Start Usb Loader through HBC Channel
Now it works

This is how I do it right now. I know its very uncomfortabe but at least it works.
What im interested if this works on somebody else. So please feedback this method works at you.

I'm also getting the (ret = -1) error but not all the time, I'm using a Westen Digital WDBEVT (320gb) with a partition (270gb win, 50gb Wii). I've tried the above and it also didn't work. The bit that was weird is that i could get it work something, and i don't have anyone usb connected.

So after a bit of time i found that if i do the below, The USB launcher will detect my USB HD, and so far only if i do the below. (I have a 2gb usb stick which worked with out fail.)

1. Load Geexbox from homebrew channel
2. Check that it has detected by USB HD
3. Select the reboot option on Geexbox
4. load homebrew again and launcher the USB launcher.

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using the USB Loader 1.1.... can you use your old saves from the DVD Backups? Or does the USB Loader create all new ones?

So far it seems to work great for me. Installed stuff from the Wii drive and from my PC. Both worked great.

Super Mario World (NTSC) and Wario Land (NTSC) don't skip. Very cool.

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm amazingly surprised at how well this works!!!!! I'm shocked on the quick amount of time it takes to rip the game. I'm just amazed at this application. I love it!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I have used several WBFS GUI's on the USB stick and hence some are based on wbfs.exe and some are on wbfs_win.exe, I think that might be the problem of my code dumping, so I format it again and add a game with the same tool, lets hope that it is, otherwise I'm going to believe my USB stick got corrupted......Damn..!!
mad.gif

EDIT 1: Yep.....that was it, so you better all get married with only one wbfs tool, otherwise you'll suffer the consecuenses...!!!
wink.gif

EDIT 2: Now even the normal forwarder channel works without code dumping, YEAH BABY...!!
mthrnitesmiley.gif

eiffel9

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I updated the homebrew channel to the current one, then installed IOS Rev 9. All when my wii had 3.?? firmware.

UBS loader works fine.

I used WBFS command line to format succesfully both a maxtor 250gb basics portable HDD and a 4gb Emtec USB Stick.

I then tried mariocart on both, but they both freeze the wii after starting the actual game part.(I can progress through the menus but it freezes when the game part starts, it also freezes if i move through the menus slowly)

I then updated my wii to 4.0 formware but still the freezing issue. I don't think i am far away from getting this to work, do i need to patch the ISO's or something??

(I also tried mario & sonic olymics on the HDD and it freezes also)

How do i get over this freezing issue??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto