Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@merlin555
I can boot ubuntu
But during the installation type it doesnt detected operating systems and I dont want to erase the disk, what I must to do ? I have 16gb not allocated

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

(My ubuntu files are in a USB, I use unetbootin)

Attachments

• 20171118_234307.jpg
    20171118_234307.jpg
    774.8 KB · Views: 269

MackG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Could not perform DNS name resolution."

Can someone help me out with this. I changed my Switch's DNS settings to the one in the terminal. I can connect to the internet normally without an issue.

EDIT: I've tested this with my Android wifi hotspot. So I don't know what's up anymore.

Last edited by MackG,

MackG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Could not perform DNS name resolution."

Can someone help me out with this. I changed my Switch's DNS settings to the one in the terminal. I can connect to the internet normally without an issue.

EDIT: I've tested this with my Android wifi hotspot. So I don't know what's up anymore.

Okay so I fixed this by turning off my firewall. Now I get "Failed. Hit the home button and try again." as soon as I see PegaSwitch. The debug on the console says:
"Starting
Building Stuff
Building Stuff
Failed to find"

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I fixed this by turning off my firewall. Now I get "Failed. Hit the home button and try again." as soon as I see PegaSwitch. The debug on the console says:
"Starting
Building Stuff
Building Stuff
Failed to find"
It will do that a lot even when its set up properly. Just keep trying.

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How ? I am not very skillful with ubuntu and the partitions
You will need a USB you are willing to erase. Doesn't have to be too big, 300mb or more.

1. Download GParted iso (i686 for 32 bit system, amd64 for 64 bit system) - https://gparted.org/download.php
2. Download Rufus - https://rufus.akeo.ie
3. Use Rufus to burn GParted iso onto the USB drive
4. Reboot the computer with the USB drive plugged in, and enter Boot Manager using the same method you used before, selecting GParted drive when prompted.

Shrink your windows partition leaving enough empty space for Ubuntu. 40GB is a good amount, depending on how much space you have to spare. Leave the space empty, and try to install Ubuntu again. There should be an option to use the largest empty space on the drive, the space you just created.

Last edited by machinoman,

merlin555

Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@merlin555
I can boot ubuntu
But during the installation type it doesnt detected operating systems and I dont want to erase the disk, what I must to do ? I have 16gb not allocated

(My ubuntu files are in a USB, I use unetbootin)

You use the wupi installer not a iso file from ubuntu ?

I have tested this by my system, and dont have this screen.

Make before a image backup, with the great "Macrium Reflect" Image Backup program.
https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree
Home Version.

Then try wubi installer again.

Last edited by merlin555,

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can it be a downloaded copy of Pokken?

I doubt it, since going online would likely require you to update to the latest firmware, which is currently 4.0.1. It would have to be a physical copy, which would include the 3.0.0 update on it. Also, your firmware cannot currently be above 3.0.0, as there is no current way to downgrade.

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@machinoman
I have an ethernet cable
then ?

Connect your computer to the router directly, and in VirtualBox for Network activate just one tab that is Bridged, and for Name choose Ethernet Controller instead of the Aethoros Wifi. Also make sure to change the MAC address by clicking the blue circle next to MAC section to assure the device is recognized as a new device.

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Connect your computer to the router directly, and in VirtualBox for Network activate just one tab that is Bridged, and for Name choose Ethernet Controller instead of the Aethoros Wifi. Also make sure to change the MAC address by clicking the blue circle next to MAC section to assure the device is recognized as a new device.

Sans titre 1.png

I don't have ethernet name ?

On my switch I go to pegaswitch but it says "failed. Hit the home button and try again"

appear to be good ^^

maybe

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 106387
I don't have ethernet name ?

On my switch I go to pegaswitch but it says "failed. Hit the home button and try again"

appear to be good ^^

maybe
Hit home button is VERY good sign, just keep retrying. In fact, if what you chose is Realtek now, that may even work without ethernet, but will definitely work with one. Sorry, I should have asked to see the list of adapters before advising the ethernet cable...

I think the most I've had to retry is like 5 times. Pro-tip, for the first PegaSwitch connection attempt you have to go through Internet Settings, but with each re-try it is much quicker to use System Update since you don't have to then wait for the list of available networks. This makes retrying much quicker and less aggravating.

Last edited by machinoman,

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hit home button is VERY good sign, just keep retrying. In fact, if what you chose is Realtek now, that may even work without ethernet, but will definitely work with one. Sorry, I should have asked to see the list of adapters before advising the ethernet cable...

I think the most I've had to retry is like 5 times. Pro-tip, for the first PegaSwitch connection attempt you have to go through Internet Settings, but with each re-try it is much quicker to use System Update since you don't have to then wait for the list of available networks. This makes retrying much quicker and less aggravating.
I can go to pegaswitch with realtek

Reactions: machinoman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_