Hacking [Tutorial] Printing Spla2n Posts with an Arduino/Teensy Board!

Which AVR are you using?

• Total voters

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
But that simply dind't work for me, if you look up GomiHoki had the exact same issue as me.
I pretty much read and checked all your steps 10x to make sure I did exactly everything you said.

Aaah yeah I do see it "working" in dockmode, so guess I'm ready for now :)
Ah I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding haha. I thought you meant you couldn't find the make instructions or anything in the guide :P

Vverg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well.. the only issue I know face is that I can't reprogram it. Cause it opens as Pokken Controller now under Windows... since I don't have a reset button on it (that's at least my guess for reprogramming it).

Maybe anyone here knows how to reset? Since I can't find any documentation about it.

(I got the Beetle ATMEGA32U4)

NanniKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First, thank you for this guide.
I'm having a problem and I was wondering if someone could help me.

When I run the "mingw32-make" command, I get the error :
"No rule to make target 'LUFA/Drivers/USB/Class/Common/HIDParser.c', needed by 'obj/HIDParser.o'. Stop.

I used the mingw32-make command because I couldn't find the command "make" (Same problem as GomiHiko),
then I had a problem with the LUFA path and edited it in the makefile.
After that fix, it couldn't find "avr-gcc", and I added "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin" to my system Path.
Now, after extracting the "obj" folder in my "SwitchFightStick" folder, the build ends with this errror and I don't know what to do.

I'm trying to use it on the Arduino Uno R3 board, if this helps.

And crk14341, I think you should upgrade your avr-gcc, because as I was troubleshooting my error I tried your version, and it gave me the same error.

Last edited by NanniKirby,

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well.. the only issue I know face is that I can't reprogram it. Cause it opens as Pokken Controller now under Windows... since I don't have a reset button on it (that's at least my guess for reprogramming it).

Maybe anyone here knows how to reset? Since I can't find any documentation about it.

(I got the Beetle ATMEGA32U4)
Look for the GND and RST pins, solder a button on so that those get bridged when you press it. That should allow you to reprogram it.

Vverg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Look for the GND and RST pins, solder a button on so that those get bridged when you press it. That should allow you to reprogram it.

Stupid, I actually already tried to connect the RST with GND... (i just "shortcutted" it like you do to turn motherboards on without the chassis). It seemed I had to "shortcut" it for like 6 seconds... Bit noob of me :)

Well thanks again for the help!

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Stupid, I actually already tried to connect the RST with GND... (i just "shortcutted" it like you do to turn motherboards on without the chassis). It seemed I had to "shortcut" it for like 6 seconds... Bit noob of me :)

Well thanks again for the help!
No problem lol. Had to do the same with my Teensy since it's inside a SNES controller where I can't reach the button; had to solder a button on to GND/RST which sticks out the top of the controller shell

NanniKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First, thank you for this guide.
I'm having a problem and I was wondering if someone could help me.

When I run the "mingw32-make" command, I get the error :
"No rule to make target 'LUFA/Drivers/USB/Class/Common/HIDParser.c', needed by 'obj/HIDParser.o'. Stop.

I used the mingw32-make command because I couldn't find the command "make" (Same problem as GomiHiko),
then I had a problem with the LUFA path and edited it in the makefile.
After that fix, it couldn't find "avr-gcc", and I added "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin" to my system Path.
Now, after extracting the "obj" folder in my "SwitchFightStick" folder, the build ends with this errror and I don't know what to do.

I'm trying to use it on the Arduino Uno R3 board, if this helps.

And crk14341, I think you should upgrade your avr-gcc, because as I was troubleshooting my error I tried your version, and it gave me the same error.

Okay, I got it working. If someone is having the same problem, there's an issue on the github repository explaining how to fix that. I had an outdated AVR installation (i somehow installed another package instead of the one shown in the guide -.-"). Also if you don't want to fiddle with LUFA's path in the makefile you should put your LUFA folder and your splatmeme code folder in the same folder.
Something like this:

FOLDER
LUFA
SPLATMEME​

And use the make command inside the splatmeme folder.

zaxman22

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I got it working. If someone is having the same problem, there's an issue on the github repository explaining how to fix that. I had an outdated AVR installation (i somehow installed another package instead of the one shown in the guide -.-"). Also if you don't want to fiddle with LUFA's path in the makefile you should put your LUFA folder and your splatmeme code folder in the same folder.
Something like this:

FOLDER
LUFA
SPLATMEME​

And use the make command inside the splatmeme folder.
I'm having the same issue you had with "No rule to make target 'LUFA/Drivers/USB/Class/Common/HIDParser.c', needed by 'obj/HIDParser.o'. Stop.".

You said you fixed this by updating your AVR installation, but mine is up to date.. can anyone else provide some help with this for me? This is what I'm getting.
Code:
 mingw32-make
The system cannot find the path specified.
' [INFO]    :' Begin compilation of project \"Joystick\"...
""
avr-gcc (AVR_8_bit_GNU_Toolchain_3.5.4_1709) 4.9.2
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target 'LUFA/Drivers/USB/Class/Common/HIDParser.c', needed by 'obj/HIDParser.o'.  Stop

NanniKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having the same issue you had with "No rule to make target 'LUFA/Drivers/USB/Class/Common/HIDParser.c', needed by 'obj/HIDParser.o'. Stop.".

You said you fixed this by updating your AVR installation, but mine is up to date.. can anyone else provide some help with this for me? This is what I'm getting.
Code:
 mingw32-make
""

mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target 'LUFA/Drivers/USB/Class/Common/HIDParser.c', needed by 'obj/HIDParser.o'.  Stop

Did you edit your makefile to change the directory of the "LUFA" folder?
Try rearranging the folders and using the original path. (../LUFA/LUFA)

I've tried editing the path, and it gives me the same error again, so I guess this should be the cause of your problem.

Try arranging them like this:
FOLDER_A
-LUFA FOLDER
-FIGHTSTICK FOLDER
And use the mingw32-make command inside the fightstick folder.
Also don't download the obj folder, because it should be generated automatically during the compilation.

zaxman22

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you edit your makefile to change the directory of the "LUFA" folder?
Try rearranging the folders and using the original path. (../LUFA/LUFA)

I've tried editing the path, and it gives me the same error again, so I guess this should be the cause of your problem.

Try arranging them like this:
FOLDER_A
-LUFA FOLDER
-FIGHTSTICK FOLDER
And use the mingw32-make command inside the fightstick folder.
Also don't download the obj folder, because it should be generated automatically during the compilation.
So I rearranged my folders like this, and changed the path back to how it was before. I executed mingw32-make inside the flightstick folder and got this again:
Code:
""

' [GCC]     :' Compiling C file \"Joystick.c\"
avr-gcc -c -pipe -gdwarf-2 -g2 -mmcu=at90usb1286 -fshort-enums -fno-inline-small-functions -fpack-struct -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -I. -DARCH=ARCH_AVR8 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -mrelax -fno-jump-tables -x c -Os -std=gnu99 -Wstrict-prototypes -DUSE_LUFA_CONFIG_HEADER -IConfig/  -I. -I../LUFA/LUFA/.. -DARCH=ARCH_AVR8 -DBOARD=BOARD_NONE -DF_USB=16000000UL  -MMD -MP -MF obj/Joystick.d Joystick.c -o obj/Joystick.o
Assembler messages:
Fatal error: can't create obj/Joystick.o: No such file or directory
Joystick.c:269:1: fatal error: error writing to -: Invalid argument
 }
 ^
compilation terminated.
../LUFA/LUFA/Build/DMBS/DMBS/gcc.mk:213: recipe for target 'obj/Joystick.o' failed
mingw32-make: *** [obj/Joystick.o] Error 1

Last edited by zaxman22,

NanniKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, I managed to reproduce your error.

Try adding
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin (your path may be different, look for the msys bin folder inside your Mingw directory).
to your system Path.

The three "The system cannot find the path specified." should go away and (hopefully) it should compile without other problems.
If you run into other problems, just ask ;)

P.s. If you don't have this folder, use MinGW's installation manager to install some msys packages.
(if you need to know, the packages installed on my computer are: base, bash, bzip2, core, diffutils, dos2unix, file, findutils, gawk, grep, gzip, less, make, sed, tar, termcap, texinfo,xz, even though you probably don't need all of them, i don't know which ones are needed.)

zaxman22

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I managed to reproduce your error.

Try adding
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin (your path may be different, look for the msys bin folder inside your Mingw directory).
to your system Path.

The three "The system cannot find the path specified." should go away and (hopefully) it should compile without other problems.
If you run into other problems, just ask ;)

P.s. If you don't have this folder, use MinGW's installation manager to install some msys packages.
(if you need to know, the packages installed on my computer are: base, bash, bzip2, core, diffutils, dos2unix, file, findutils, gawk, grep, gzip, less, make, sed, tar, termcap, texinfo,xz, even though you probably don't need all of them, i don't know which ones are needed.)
I just tried adding it to my path, it didn't fix the problem :/ ended up getting the same error.
Code:
""

avr-gcc -c -pipe -gdwarf-2 -g2 -mmcu=at90usb1286 -fshort-enums -fno-inline-small-functions -fpack-struct -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -I. -DARCH=ARCH_AVR8 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -mrelax -fno-jump-tables -x c -Os -std=gnu99 -Wstrict-prototypes -DUSE_LUFA_CONFIG_HEADER -IConfig/  -I. -I../LUFA/LUFA/.. -DARCH=ARCH_AVR8 -DBOARD=BOARD_NONE -DF_USB=16000000UL  -MMD -MP -MF obj/Joystick.d Joystick.c -o obj/Joystick.o
Assembler messages:
 }
 ^
compilation terminated.
../LUFA/LUFA/Build/DMBS/DMBS/gcc.mk:213: recipe for target 'obj/Joystick.o' failed

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any luck importing this project into the Arduino IDE? Would be great for custom controllers so we could use functions such as digitalRead, etc.

zaxman22

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried adding it to my path, it didn't fix the problem :/ ended up getting the same error.
Code:
""

Assembler messages:
 }
 ^
compilation terminated.
After completely restarting I FINALLY found a fix for my error. Instead of going through command line, I installed MSYS. Using the MinGW Shell I navigated to my printer directory and just executed "make" and everything worked perfectly. I think it just really doesn't like using mingw32-make instead of make.

Last edited by zaxman22,

HBMTCD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey everyone, I got an Arduino UNO and loaded de joystick.hex file with FLIP. I think everything went right (it's my first time using arduino).
But when I plug the Arduino to the Switch nothing happens, I go to the drawing post option and set the cursor on top left and connect the arduino but nothing happens, I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly.

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, I got an Arduino UNO and loaded de joystick.hex file with FLIP. I think everything went right (it's my first time using arduino).
But when I plug the Arduino to the Switch nothing happens, I go to the drawing post option and set the cursor on top left and connect the arduino but nothing happens, I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly.
Just wait a few moments, it takes some time to start

HBMTCD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just wait a few moments, it takes some time to start
Nothing happens, I left it for minutes and nope. I'm not sure when's the moment I should connect the arduino.

Should my PC recognize the Arduino as something specifically? Just to know if I'm going okay

Last edited by HBMTCD,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
    NinStar @ NinStar: die?