Newcomer
Trophies
Website
osenhordospasteis.zip.net
XP
Country
Brazil
WUFE don´t work...
This message appear: WUFE isn´t a valid Wii aplication...
=/

I can´t turn back my Wii to its original state...the only thing i could, was take back the channels by doing the Metroid Prime 3 Upgrade...

But the VERY VERY UGLY SOFTMII VISUAL CONTINUES...
dry.gif

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
setasan11 said:
WUFE don´t work...
=/

I can´t turn back my Wii to its original state...the only thing i could, was take back the channels by doing the Metroid Prime 3 Upgrade...

dry.gif

Is it couse i have install softmii 0.9.5 fixed health screens that i don't have that ugly discchannel that you refer to?

jd506

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need someone to confirm, I haven't installed Preloader myself for this very reason.

This isn't a full guide. The renamed system menu from Preloader is still present even after installing SystemMenu-v289.wad
You'll notice you have a few less blocks available (150?) in Data Management.

It's under 00000001/00000002/10000004*.app
(Preloader just changes the first 0 to a 1 for system menu files.)

Should be able to delete it safely with FTPii, but I'm not sure.
If you try it make certain to choose the correct one, otherwise you will brick your Wii.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
setasan11 said:
WUFE don´t work...
=/

dry.gif

HOW TO REVERT BACK TO THE DEFAULTI WII THEME IF YOU INSTALLED THE SOFTMII THEME:

Make a folder on your sd card called "SoftMii", put the "00000045.app" file I'm sending you(Can be found in a semi-bick fixing disk)(If your wii is ntsc you need "00000042.app" file instead) and put it in the "SoftMii" folder.
Get the softmii tweaker app from the softmii package and run it. It'll ask you to choose a file choose "00000045.appORIGINAL".
Your done! The regular sys menu is back!

st0rax

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
30.03.2009 ups ^^

so as a conclusion:
i will apply your guide, because I want to get rid of cIOSCORP. my bl channels are not affected, neither the hbc channel. if i now want to use my backuplauncher i will need to reinstall a cIOS36-rev. Preloader will not be removed. Am I right with this? And StarFall 0.5? I can't access it anymore and it disable the hacks I have done in preloader (because that are the SAME lol). i need only the "Press Y to call Rescue Menu" hack in starfall for a brick-protection... it is only safe.
i installed ios38 fix for ac; will it be removed if i update with ARC to 3.2E?

thanks in advance for answering (and sorry for my crappy english xD)

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Little up here.
Is there a way to clean uid.sys which stores every titles played (channels, wii games...) ?
If the Wii is formated, the file is not modified...

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
NEW AND IMPROVED!

This is the new and improved guide. This will eliminate cIOSCORP, Preloader, and anything else you might have done and get your Wii back to a Virgin 3.2 state.

Tools you'll need:

AnyRegionChanger
WADManager
SystemMenu-v2xx.WAD (if your in the US, you want 289, if your in the UK, you want 290)
AnyTitleDeleter
Hacks Remover
Patience

You can get most of these from the Softmii package. SystemMenu-v2xx.WAD will have to be grabbed from somewhere else. There are certian semi-brick fix discs that have these. Remember to grab YOUR REGION's wad! Using a different region WAD will brick your system even more! If you live in the US, get 289. If you live in the UK, get 290. Sorry Japanese people, I don't know the number for your region, but it's not 289 or 290!

First, your going to want to run the Hack Remover. This will remove the hacks.ini file from your Wii. Once your done, you'll need to run the AnyRegionChanger. This will reinstall all your IOS's back to the Nintendo approved content. No more cIOSCORP modified. You can install the Starfall hacks if you'd like, and I suggest you do, just to be on the safe side. Basically, just follow the guide from Softmii at this point for installing 3.2. Just the AnyRegionChanger part. We're trying to get a Virgin Wii here.

If at this point your Wii only loads preloader, you will need to run the Homebrew Channel and install SystemMenu-v2xx.WAD from WADManager.

Next you'll want to run AnyTitleDeleter, and delete the IOS's above 200. such as 249, and anything else that high. Those are your custom IOS's that are used for DVDx and backup launchers. Since we want a virgin Wii, we don't want those installed!

After this process, you will need to run AnyTitleDeleter agian to remove the channel HAXX (Homebrew Channel). If you wish to leave the Homebrew Channel, you may leave HAXX.

Since there are many Wii's with many different configurations, I can't be 100% sure this will work for everyone, so if anyone runs into problems, please let me know.

I have tried your tutorial but I only got as far as the hack remover. I could not get any further because I got an error message. Is this normal? Is there anyway around it??? Thanks zidane_genome

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to revirginize my Wii. I guess I should reinstall 3.2 to get rid of preloader. Upgrade to 4.0, then format?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jd506 said:
I need someone to confirm, I haven't installed Preloader myself for this very reason.
It's under 00000001/00000002/10000004*.app
(Preloader just changes the first 0 to a 1 for system menu files.)

I was reading this tutorial thinking the same thing. It never gets rid of the Sysmenu that pleloader moved.

I just checked. I have preloader installed and i have the following file present on my wii (as shown in FTPii)
//isfs/title/00000001/00000002/content/10000043.app

filesize = 3,671,296

So am I correct in assuming that if I ever reinstall the sysmenu to get rid of preloader, I just come in here and delete this puppy and it wont hurt anything? Just give me back that valuable real estate in my Wii's memory?

AAlcoholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone (zidane?) confirm that this is still the most up-to-date method of returning a wii to virgin?

Currently on 4.0U with preloader 0.29, HBC, and cIOS rev13a (no bootmii or cioscorp).
Thx.

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
WiiBlaster said:
My Two easy ways of doing it without Upgrading and downgrading, is to have your Orginal IOS's and just install over your CIOSCORP wads, that defeats the purpose of upgrading, Or a this Method use ARC and re-install your System menu wad and IOS30, then use Anytitle Deleter and delete the rest of the CIOSCORPS wads, you just need a List, Anytitle Deleter will not let you remove any IOS that will cause a brick, So there is no risk in bricking, after you get done, make sure you dont have any Update blocker installed and stick in a ORG Wii Game like Mario Kart, and let it update it will replace all of our IOS's back to Original. I have tested Both of these Method to remove CIOSCORP
There Still might be Some renegade IOS's missin but any wii game that you stick in if its messin it will ask for a update and it will install the Messing IOS

Now i Tested Both of these methods on my Wii, Plus i know what i'm doing so you might have problems doing this Correctly So i Dont Guarantee for you

Your Best bet is to do the Update and Downgrade Method, Its the Easiest for Noobs

is possible to install original ios with SotfCorp apps to reverte cioscorp ?
and what are the ios that need to be update/reverted ?

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I'm on 4.0 and I want to go back to a virgin Wii (there's all sorts of crap on mine), install the Homebrew Channel and get to 4.1E. I've tried running WAD manager, but it doesn't do anything on 4.0. I had the HBC isnalled before updating.

Anyways...will this guide do this?

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
OK, I'm on 4.0 and I want to go back to a virgin Wii (there's all sorts of crap on mine), install the Homebrew Channel and get to 4.1E. I've tried running WAD manager, but it doesn't do anything on 4.0. I had the HBC isnalled before updating.

Anyways...will this guide do this?
Can someone please update this guide to the current homebrew scene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp